Budget 0-20k Basic home PC advice

1. Q: What is your budget?

2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    No idea
  3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Dell 2220L.
    • keyboard
    • mouse
    • speakers
    • hdd - 260gb

4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    procy, mobo, ram, gpu and anythng else apart from the one which i have
  5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component:

yes. would not upgrade for following 2 yrs atleast
  6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Nehru place
    • Open to online purchase

7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes : but within warranty.

8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    watching bluray rips, rare gaming for eg : nfs most wanted or something like tht
  9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    NO. but wouls like A.S.S. to be gud
  10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    nfs, gta 3 .. thts all. I have ps3 for my other needs
  11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    I have no idea about this. my monitor is full HD so would use it.
  12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    • No

13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    win xp or may be win 7

I am total noob in the PC field. And this PC would be used by my sis and my father for browsing net, watching movies and playing nfs at max. Nothing more. So plz suggest me the cheapest and best possible options. Also i dont want the PC to hang in between the movies or to take ages to start. In short no - frills machine.

@aquaticbullet this is what I suggest --

Intel Core i3 2120 ~6800/- OR Core i3 2100 ~6500/-
Intel DH67-BL ~5800/-
Corsair XMS3 OR G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x1 1600MHz ~1650/-
HP boxed] optical drive ~1000/-
Cooler Master eLite 430 [BLACK] ~3000/- OR Bit Fenix Merc Alpha ~2800/- [I suggest you get the latter from flipkart.com, here is the link --> BitFenix Merc Alpha | Cabinet | Flipkart.com]
Corsair CX V2430W ~2700/- [from flipkart.com if you do not get it locally --> Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK 430 Watts PSU | Psu | Flipkart.com] OR Cooler Master GX450W ~3400/-

If you want a more powerful graphics system add a AMD HD 7750 ~7000/- to the above RIG OR wait till the AMD Trinity desktop chips make a debut in August.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Last edited by a moderator:
aquaticbullet this is what I suggest --

Intel Core i3 2120 ~6800/- OR Core i3 2100 ~6500/-
Intel DH67-BL ~5800/-
Corsair XMS3 OR G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x1 1600MHz ~1650/-
HP boxed] optical drive ~1000/-
Cooler Master eLite 430 [BLACK] ~3000/- OR Bit Fenix Merc Alpha ~2800/- [I suggest you get the latter from flipkart.com, here is the link --> BitFenix Merc Alpha | Cabinet | Flipkart.com]
Corsair CX V2430W ~2700/- [from flipkart.com if you do not get it locally --> Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK 430 Watts PSU | Psu | Flipkart.com] OR Cooler Master GX450W ~3400/-

If you want a more powerful graphics system add a AMD HD 7750 ~7000/- to the above RIG OR wait till the AMD Trinity desktop chips make a debut in August.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

The rig u suggested is without a graphics card. So with this one will I be able to play bluray rips without any glitch ??
I knew u would be the one to reply to this first :) .. Thanks !!

The rig u suggested is without a graphics card. So with this one will I be able to play bluray rips without any glitch?

Yes it will be able to handle the Blu Ray Rips just fine although gaming will need the effects to be toned all the way down.

I recommend a solution in the form of a basic graphics adapter --
AMD HD 6670 ~5500/-
AMD HD 6770 ~6000/-
AMD HD 7750 ~7000/-

add whichever-one that suits your budget OR if you can wait till mid-August for AMD Trinity to show up, then you will not need to invest in a GPU per-se.

Thanks for having so much faith in me, Cheerio!!

If the system is not going to have a dedicated graphics card, then AMD APU series processors will fare better in overall performance.Even the lowest end AMD A4's graphics performance can blow away any integrated graphics solution intel can offer..In your case you can safely bet on A6/A8 with Asus MLE combo which would definitely be better than i3+dh67 combo.

But yes,,,if you are willing to invest in a dedicated graphics card then opting for i3/15 is wiser I think

If the system is not going to have a dedicated graphics card, then AMD APU series processors will fare better in overall performance.Even the lowest end AMD A4's graphics performance can blow away any integrated graphics solution intel can offer..In your case you can safely bet on A6/A8 with Asus MLE combo which would definitely be better than i3+dh67 combo.

But yes,,,if you are willing to invest in a dedicated graphics card then opting for i3/15 is wiser I think

Thanks for the suggestion !! but most probably i would be adding up a graphics card for normal gaming. :)
Also any other suggestion for the cards aside from what alpha17 has mentioned ??

You can play Assasins Creed series,Crysis series at medium or low seting,You can basically play everything @low or medium settings.

ok so i am back. As suggested by ALPHA17 sire i have waited for amd trinity but i do not see it in market still. I cant wait more.
So Jakob is the rig suggested above best for my needs ??
Recently i have put on sale my ps3 so need a better rig in terms of gaming performance.
I would love to play witcher 2, skyrim and other great RPGs at full HD. So please suggest the rig in accordance with my new requirement. Amd A10 is available in the market ?
Also instead of intel can i go for amd fx 6100 bulldozer series ?

The AMD Trinity A10 will be available in the last week of December.
if you want to game at full HD, then you need to shell out at least 50k, otherwise forget gaming @ full HD.
The ivy bridge i3 has better onboard graphics. And ofc, there will be a difference, its a new series with new architecture and all. Learn to use Google.

The AMD Trinity A10 will be available in the last week of December.
if you want to game at full HD, then you need to shell out at least 50k, otherwise forget gaming @ full HD.
The ivy bridge i3 has better onboard graphics. And ofc, there will be a difference, its a new series with new architecture and all. Learn to use Google.

I know how to google mate and believe me i have been hovering on tomhardware anandtech and others a lot but the thing is i have more faith on the members in the forum here and i know they will help me in understanding the things in a more simplified way.
Thats the point of having a forum. So that elders can help out noobs and push in a direction.

I know how to google mate and believe me i have been hovering on tomhardware anandtech and others a lot but the thing is i have more faith on the members in the forum here and i know they will help me in understanding the things in a more easy way.
Thats the point of having a forum. So that elders can help out noobs and push in a direction.

Alright. The basic difference b/w the two is : ivy bridge i3 consumes less power(55w), has better IGP, and performs ~10% better. So, if you are getting the i3-3220 at ~.5k to ~ 1k more, go for that. Else go for the sandy bridge.
Also, you seem to have ignored my previous post, except for " Learn to use Google " part. :/ I was only trying to help.

Alright. The basic difference b/w the two is : ivy bridge i3 consumes less power(55w), has better IGP, and performs ~10% better. So, if you are getting the i3-3220 at ~.5k to ~ 1k more, go for that. Else go for the sandy bridge.
Also, you seem to have ignored my previous post, except for " Learn to use Google " part. :/ I was only trying to help.

Thanks buddy. And please don't mind i read what u said about amd trinity and thanks for that info. :)
Please let me know if following config is fine :
i3 3220 3rd gen
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB)
Seasonic S12II 520 psu
Coolermaster Elite 310
ATI 7850 2GB DDR5 SAPPHIRE
In case of this rig will i3 3rd gen will be a bottle neck ? Also can i cut down on seasonic 520 and replace it with corsair 450 ? Will it be able to handle this config ?

Another option is to replace 7850 with 7770 ? Can 7770 handle skyrim and other sandbox games at high settings ?

I recently assembled a pc for 20k with the below configuration:

Intel G630 processor

gigabyte H61M-D2h-LGA -1155

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9)

seagate 320 GB harddisk

AtX cabinet

Acer 19" LED monitor

It came totally for just above 20k. U can try the above one. Its really quiet and fast!!!

I recently assembled a pc for 20k with the below configuration:

Intel G630 processor

gigabyte H61M-D2h-LGA -1155

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9)

seagate 320 GB harddisk

AtX cabinet

Acer 19" LED monitor

It came totally for just above 20k. U can try the above one. Its really quiet and fast!!!

Thanks for reply mate but my needs are different. The config you have has no gfx and i need low end gaming system. :)

Back