Audio Bass IEMs under 3K.

Reactive

Disciple
Bass IEMs upto 5K.

From past ten months i've been using RE2 coupled with E5. Actually i wanted an earphone with good detailing and producing good Bass as well. I usually listen to rock and hip hop music. RE2 are very good in details but i'm not fully satisfied with them. I listened to my brother's CX400 and i liked them. Please suggest me a suitable pair of IEMs with good details and Bass as well. Budget is 5K.

hippo VB is great at bass ( but a 3-500 more than you budget) ....M2 is also great overall

...as you dint like RE2+E5 Bass ......go with VB ...has a lot of bass

vmoda bass freq if u can manage to live with the bad build quality, def wont be better then the re2 but will def satisfy ur bass needs, id recomend the monster turbines for bass .. will be slightly upwards of ur budget,. try getting a quote from iccworld.com n see if it works out, should be under 5k, they r one of the most recomended bass iems @ the moment.

Hippo VB ~~ 3.5K and-- very good in almost all the departments

V moda bass freq~~2k--- Tonns of bass, bad build quality, Harsh treble,Bad comfort.

Ep 630~~800. Decent bass, nice comfort

FYI: I have used all of these.

I've used EP630 for a while. They do produce good bass but they lack highs and details. I need a combination of bass and details. I've read so many reviews for Monster Turbines. They said its suitable for bass-heads but at around 6K its almost double of my budget.

itll be tough to compete re2 level details in ur budget since ur already used to them. what u have is one of the best, bass phones lack detail and emphasize more on the low end spectrum.. u could try the vb or bass freq. ne6 too has decent amount of bass. wouldnt call it a basshead iem though. also look into the meelec m6. these r all the iems i can think of right off my head within ur budget, might be missing some lol wait for others to post!

I think M6 should be good. It has got good highs and decent mids. The only issue would be overwhleming bass, a bit uncontrolled but if you liked EP630 then actually you might like it. Otherwise M2 should be a good option too. I have M1 and M2( I don't own this) is said to be a bit similar with better bass and highs. M1 has got great mids, so M2 should be overall good, only concern being whether the bass would be enough for EP630 lover.

Try listening to the Nuforce Ne6. Its within your budget, has lots of bass and no sibilance. The mids are not as good as the RE2 nor is the detailing but its not too bad either. :)

I had the Hippo VB but I only barely heard the NE6. The VB had good soundstage and so did the NE6. Not a big difference between the two from what I remember but since I only barely heard the NE6 I could be wrong. :(

vb---bass
m2---otherwise
under 3K budget

why bother with others( you have RE2!! ...wont they be a downgrade!)

BTW i'd seriously urge you to up your budget....YOU HAVE A GOOD 2k IEM ..with OK amp for it ....you are currently enjoying sound of 3K worth ....and you want to buy an iem of 3K ...WHY!!?
make it atleast 5K!!

strategy said:
vb---bass
m2---otherwise
under 3K budget

why bother with others( you have RE2!! ...wont they be a downgrade!)

BTW i'd seriously urge you to up your budget....YOU HAVE A GOOD 2k IEM ..with OK amp for it ....you are currently enjoying sound of 3K worth ....and you want to buy an iem of 3K ...WHY!!?
make it atleast 5K!!
Its bcz my RE2 is on dying stage. Its jack got cracked(dont know how) and now its giving me trouble. This time i want a pair with good bass. I'm satisfied with the fine detailing capability and good highs of RE2. Its just that some bass would have made it perfect for me. Ok i can go upto 5K.

Klipsch S4 is what you need , 3.5k i think, outstanding quality bass , amazing soundstage, the treble would be 85-90% of the RE2 , amazing comfort. Or else going by others recomendation, the M6.

karan_n8 said:
Klipsch S4 is what you need , 3.5k i think, outstanding quality bass , amazing soundstage, the treble would be 85-90% of the RE2 , amazing comfort. Or else going by others recomendation, the M6.
yeah image s4 is great too good mids and great bass but......will it be much of a improvement ....as i said in the earlier post!!
@ reactive ...i suggest you use the re2 for a onth or so and save up ...then buy ...a top-tier iem ....now a days they start from 5-6K if you are lucky

haraakiri said:
I found highs on S4 to be ordinary. :( Perhaps Radius DDMfor 110$? Again highs might not be good enough. Santhosh might need to answer that.
yeah highs of s4 are ordinary ......( not bad though )
and by toptier iem imeant the DDM....great deal for 110 !!...but his budget is 3K :( i have been asking him to up his budget ....he refuse to budge!! :p

Reactive said:
Its bcz my RE2 is on dying stage. Its jack got cracked(dont know how) and now its giving me trouble. This time i want a pair with good bass. I'm satisfied with the fine detailing capability and good highs of RE2. Its just that some bass would have made it perfect for me. Ok i can go upto 5K.
He upped his budget to 5K:)

Back