Battlefield 2042 Thread

tried on EA play for a few hours, its disappointing to say the least
wouldn't play it if I didn't have EA play through gamepass :(
lackluster gameplay and aiming that becomes harder because of terrible performance just not a good combination
would probably pick it up in a few years when i have significantly better hardware and the game goes free on amazon prime 6 months before the next bf game lmao
Yes it needs loads of optimization!

GPU usage stays in like 50-70% for me
Even CPU is in similar range
FPS is all over the place, sometimes even below 30, sometimes 40-70
RTX 3070 Ryzen 3600
Halo Infinite on the other hand runs like butter and fun to play too

RTX 3070 Ryzen 3600
for me gpu is good. 120 plus but cpu is a cry baby. sometimes even 1 fps. day before yesterday to play the game, I had to lower the resolution from ultra for this cpu stupidity.

for me gpu is good. 120 plus but cpu is a cry baby. sometimes even 1 fps.
Not that bad for me but fps easily goes down to 20-25
day before yesterday to play the game, I had to lower the resolution from ultra for this cpu stupidity.
If CPU is the issue then lowering resolution might not help.

128 players is just too much for current gen CPUs to handle I guess

Not that bad for me but fps easily goes down to 20-25

If CPU is the issue then lowering resolution might not help.

128 players is just too much for current gen CPUs to handle I guess
no normally I get over 120 on cpu too on ultra, just some dip every 10 to 15 sec to 64, but something went wrong that day and I was really pi$$ed over that.

RTX 3070 Ryzen 3600
Same here, fps is always fluctuating between 50-80.fps When the hurricane comes close it dips to 60fps often. While deploying it feels like going in slow motion, the game feels nowhere close to a proper release.

for me gpu is good. 120 plus but cpu is a cry baby. sometimes even 1 fps. day before yesterday to play the game, I had to lower the resolution from ultra for this cpu stupidity.
120fps? You have 3080?

Same here, fps is always fluctuating between 50-80.fps When the hurricane comes close it dips to 60fps often. While deploying it feels like going in slow motion, the game feels nowhere close to a proper release.

120fps? You have 3080?
I have RX6800XT :p on first day I was playing with underclocks and messed up the settings due to which I was getting 60 to 70 FPS :p

My cpu goes to around 60% (ryzen 3600)
Gpu crashes while in game while after game lobby loading time any idea help... Have Rtx 2080 asus turbo fan edition

Gpu crashes while in game while after game lobby loading time any idea help... Have Rtx 2080 asus turbo fan edition
I only get CPU frame drops. no gpu crash. check with settings and drivers for the cpu and gpu in bios. also check ram timing if oc'ed. set it to 3200Mhz at min. if lower then we have issue. if higher then needs to be properly set else we have issue.

Does it crash for other games?
Try running gpu tests like Furmark:
Will try tomorrow morning for sure , no i play csgo, apex , pubgnever crash on them

I only get CPU frame drops. no gpu crash. check with settings and drivers for the cpu and gpu in bios. also check ram timing if oc'ed. set it to 3200Mhz at min. if lower then we have issue. if higher then needs to be properly set else we have issu

I only get CPU frame drops. no gpu crash. check with settings and drivers for the cpu and gpu in bios. also check ram timing if oc'ed. set it to 3200Mhz at min. if lower then we have issue. if higher then needs to be properly set else we have issue.
Ok thanks for help will try tomorrow have to see through some walkthrough to understand kind of have little knowledge in these stuff

Will try tomorrow morning for sure , no i play csgo, apex , pubgnever crash on them

Ok thanks for help will try tomorrow have to see through some walkthrough to understand kind of have little knowledge in these stuff
most basic thing you can try is to run the game at lower settings and resolution

basic steps like reinstalling the game and updating/reinstalling drivers, checking the error log files and such should help understand why it's crashing, if not fix the issue.

Thanks for your help @distroquerim @Emrebel @princeoo7 for guidance i founded xmp was bot enabled in ram, now it runs at 3200 reinstaled game, updated driver , even reinstalled windows to , it doesnt solve , run some benchmarks and furmark also crashed in couple of minutes , gpu have has some issues as service center is not present in my city has shipped to the service center after enquiry, the said to fix it or replace it in 15-20 days...

Thanks for your help @distroquerim @Emrebel @princeoo7 for guidance i founded xmp was bot enabled in ram, now it runs at 3200 reinstaled game, updated driver , even reinstalled windows to , it doesnt solve , run some benchmarks and furmark also crashed in couple of minutes , gpu have has some issues as service center is not present in my city has shipped to the service center after enquiry, the said to fix it or replace it in 15-20 days...
all the best on the RMA process. also keep a track on them for this. as they take their own sweet time for the RMA. even one day delay. fire up an email and a post on twitter for india and usa handler :p

Back