Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

Thanks

Is it necessary to upgrade everything together ? .
Is it possible I can upgrade one patch everytime ? . Means some patches are in mbs , can update that , then another patch . Not directly all the patches that are out there ?

Its sad :( , if it can't resume , I ll not be able to play ! .

Its necessary to update, althought not altogether. However, you won't be able to play until all the patches are installed. In fact, there is no patch 1, patch 2. New patches are moulded altogether for new installations.

sad to see BF3 thread gone to page 2 :p

anyways just updating i got my 358 yards shot with L96 finally. got into a fight with another sniper shot him twice, then saw he had a medical kit with him, so first shot medical kit and then next shot got him :D

pure thriller :D now next is buggy ride.

btw this weekend was double XP week

^^^ they announced in FB that no. of times the news posted got shared they will extend the double xp by certain hours. finally it came out to be 156 hours of double xp ;)

_

Bandar Desert is looking like what i wanted in an armored warfare dlc other maps are ok but the biggest map ever in bf3 history is what i am looking for.

some problems of not being on FB :D , i only saw double XP logo n considered its weekend thing, Sometimes weekend ends up going till monday coz its US based somewhere i feel.

anyways honestly going on high ranks without unlocking weapons or upgrading vehicles is bad strategy.

- - - Updated - - -

for 5 maps they gonna charge 1500 bucks again ... damn

any idea new battlefield nov or dec?

for 5 maps they gonna charge 1500 bucks again ... damn

any idea new battlefield nov or dec?

Yep, that is what has stopped me from picking up the title (even its premium edition which shafts ~2699/- into EA's bank balance and promises me everything in return).

They will release two more DLC's in the vein of CLOSE QUARTERS and ARMOURED KILL... namely AFTERMATH (sometime in the Q4 2012) and END GAME (Q2 2013, this will give preview access to BF 4 multi-player).

Till then we are also getting Medal of Honor: Warfighter ~November 2012.

BattleField 4 rumoured to hit stands in Q1 --> Q2 2014.

Yep, that is what has stopped me from picking up the title (even its premium edition which shafts ~2699/- into EA's bank balance and promises me everything in return).

They will release two more DLC's in the vein of CLOSE QUARTERS and ARMOURED KILL... namely AFTERMATH (sometime in the Q4 2012) and END GAME (Q2 2013, this will give preview access to BF 4 multi-player).

Armored kill is not 1500 its 599 as digitaldude mentioned, and for 2699 you get the premium subscription only:bleh: you have to pay 1499(Origin India store) or 1011(Flipkart) for the base game so your total comes out to approx 4000:bleh:
While DICE/EA is surely looking for profit but the premium is a nice deal(in comparison to MW3 DLCs) don't no why people all over Reddit and FB are making a scene about the "rip-off" thing

P.S no offense meant to you alpha, just stating whats going on after the video release:)

Hi guys ,
Had my first taste of multiplayer gameplay , loved it till a certain extent . Though its not bf3 but battlefield play4free .
Dumb thing normal people like me use the basic weapons provided because cant spend loads of money after " virtual guns " ? .
So sometimes it big mismatch , someone with a spas or abakan can rip you off , specially the spas , too over powered .
Thats what I hated in this game , no equality at all , now am playing as a engineer but first used to play as a recon . The basic sniper is totally pathetic . Stand no chance .

So is it the same thing in BF3 also ? . Its a one time payment for the game or even after that you have to keep paying for weapons . If it is then I wont buy this game , not worth it because no matter how long you play or credit you have , its a mismatch .

The base game Battlefield 3 is Rs.750/- in EA store right now (50% off from 15th Aug till 31st) and that is all one mostly need to enjoy this game. if one likes an expansion pack it can be individually bought for Rs.599/. majority of online servers have the base game only.
END game will be in march 2013 and premium subscription wont give access to BF4 beta. only way till now to get access to BF4 beta is preordering MOH:Warfighter.
BF4 will probably launch 2013 holiday season to coincide with launch of next gen consoles.

_

Som many game releases coming and dont have time for all taht ... also got a bit bored of bf3 ... i got CQ dont think i will buy the rest.
there CS, diablo, dark souls, Borderlands2, FC3, NFS MW ... not enough time ... Neways wht i play most is just metro :) ... dont need more maps :)

The base game Battlefield 3 is Rs.750/- in EA store right now (50% off from 15th Aug till 31st) and that is all one mostly need to enjoy this game.

I agree it is cheap right now (from Origin Store) but that does not include the time invested in downloading the game onto disk and I doubt Origin offers you to keep the setup on disk (like GoG.com) which means lot of back-tracking in case of data loss / reformatting / uninstalling.

True I knew that most community servers run the base map packs + Back to Karkand map pack. Do not know how popular Close Quarters is?

Launches are speculative, they keep shifting at the publisher / developers whims (financial security etc etc).

Sorry for all this OT, but I doubt am adding anything to discuss here. Cheerio!

P.S. -- Not a great FPS player anyways, I play mil-sims (ARMA II, Operation Flashpoint) and thus have not bought this game.

BF3 Premium and buying all individual expansion packs works out almost same, pricewise- so I might as well buy Premium if getting extra perks.
I bought BF3 (LE out of stock :mad:) and then had to buy B2K as a lot of good/low ping servers moved to B2K.
I would like to try the new maps in CQ but am not very fond of indoor maps- I suck at it.
So the next expansion i buy will mainly depend on the number of playable servers available for the same. :)

Back