Car & Bike BBC Top Gear - Discussion Thread

Another fun episode. This season is turning out to be good. Hammond and May were in Vijay Mallya's party in Monaco. You even get to see them trying out KF.

Was bored to go to office. called in sick and watched 17x3 episode early today. Overall was a nice episode. Vettel interview and lap was good.

Next weeks SIARPC is Rowan Atkinson. Should be fun

top gear s170e03- 8/10

another good one :D

sebastian vettel with his lap and the Range rover along with mclaren MP4 and ferrari 458

also the comparison for nissan was amazing

Top Gear - Season 17, Episode 3 - 9/10. This seems to be a good season so far!

Top Gear

Sunday 17 July

8:00pm - 9:00pm

BBC2

4/6, series 17

The trio finally find a good use for caravans when they attempt to make train travel cheaper, faster and more interesting, replacing the locomotive with a specially modified car and the carriages with a series of mobile homes. Comedy star Rowan Atkinson takes the wheel of the Reasonably Priced Car, and Jeremy Clarkson takes the Jaguar XKR-S and the recently updated Nissan GT-R for a spin round the track to compare both models.

was I the only one who felt it? or was JC showing favoritism towards the Italia? Cause i dont think the MP4-12C looks bad. Name definitely resembles a door handle model, but i think the car looked beautiful. All that thing he spoke about how the car was boring and stuff i think was absolute rubbish. and a lot of it was based on since he liked the Italia. Also the fact that you needed to press too many buttons to disable Traction control. I believe it was a safety feature and it was done so that people dont accidentally switch it off. Also i prefer the looks of the MP4-12C over the Italia. I never liked Italias headlight or tail lights. I just got used to it eventually cause JC kept saying it looked beautiful.
I always thought it looked a bit like a catfish from the front.

Yeah same here,never liked the 458 at all, but for some reason really like the FF which has a similar design :D

I would take MP4-12C over Italia in a heartbeat. Not to say that Italia looks bad, but I found MP4-12C to be more defined, sporty looks compared to Italia (which IMO is somewhat like a confused chick who can't decide if she wants to look sporty or sexy).

Loved the James' riding of Evoque in Death Valley. Beautiful ride and apparently quite potent as a SUV.

Top Gear - Season 17, Episode 4 - 9/10. Fun episode! This series is turning out to be epic!!

Top Gear

Sunday 24 July

8:00pm - 9:00pm

BBC2

5/6, series 17

Simon Cowell returns to the track in an attempt to win back the title of fastest Star in a Reasonably Priced Car, having been beaten into third place by Ellen McArthur and Jimmy Carr. Jeremy Clarkson tries out a new F1-style Lotus, then joins James May for a trip to the seaside in a pair of electric cars, the Nissan Leaf and the Peugeot iOn. Richard Hammond meets a rally team made up entirely of ex-military amputees.

SPOLIER::prince Harry is the star in the reasonably priced car in the 6th episode.

Cant fathom why they compared the jag to the GT-R. It was like a review made to mock the jag! :p But good episode! Funny, Rowan Atkinson didn't look like bean at all! :p

Back