Beam Cable System - Hyderabad

Hi guys m new here in hyderabad..I came across Beam Cable system which provides broadband internet..I wanted to know how good are they and is anyone in TE using it?? DO they have too many downtimes?? Should i opt for them??

I'm using it for 1.5 months, its pretty good, when internet works then it works perfectly fine. since last month they were Upgrading their system so their were downtime for 2-3 days overall(they changed their company name from "beam cable" to "Beam telecom"), but they do notify through sms about their downtimes. What are the plans they offered to you? One day my cable was broken due to heavy rain/wind, they fixed it up in the next morning itself. BTW they try to solve your complain within 24 hours.

IF you can keep up with the downtimes of 2-3 days, it's good vfm. If you cant, just avoid it. There are much better alternatives in hyd.

M currently using airtel broadband whch is simply too good...but to new building to which i'm moving in few days time is having reliance,tata n beam cable system as only options...so which one do u suggest...n beam cable system is offering 256kbps for 600 i think...

i would prefere tata...one of my friend is having it and he took 6 months package of 512kbps ul...its really good.......and i heard bad reviews abt relaince ......i dont know that much abt beam cable .........

rohan30186 said:
M currently using airtel broadband whch is simply too good...but to new building to which i'm moving in few days time is having reliance,tata n beam cable system as only options...so which one do u suggest...n beam cable system is offering 256kbps for 600 i think...

Beam cable has very bad customer support. Packages are almost the same as airtel. Quiet frequent downtimes. My suggestion is always Airtel. No Downtimes!!, good customer support and value packages. Which are are you from, i will be able to know if its avaiable there else you can move to TATA.

i'm using it. yeah in beginning days i had problem. then i made lot of problems for them, later they give me a direct connection from another box.

After that onwards only few days(2,3) days a month net will go, mainly maintenance etc.

From that day onwards i'm getting it good. really good.

^^^

Me too :) , but they didn't notify me.. even my account page shows the same old tariff, but I'm getting ~90 KBps D/U which turns out to be slightly better VFM then airtel 1099 explorer plan. customer support for me has been good so far. so I'll be continuing this plan as long as they don't screw it up.

djvirus said:
Beam cable has very bad customer support. Packages are almost the same as airtel. Quiet frequent downtimes. My suggestion is always Airtel. No Downtimes!!, good customer support and value packages. Which are are you from, i will be able to know if its avaiable there else you can move to TATA.

Hi m currently staying at Silpa Park Kondapur but m planning to move to Indira nagar or telecom nagar within a week's time...So if you know any other broadband in that area please let me know. I checked with airtel they are not able to reach telecom nagar yet. Reliance is available and so is beam but no signs of TATA...Any suggestions are welcomed...max budget 800-850/month

^^ I'm in MADHAPUR, since last 3 months.. don't even know where is telecom nagar :p.. TATA people can provide the broadband connection pretty much anywhere through WI-MAX.. Inquire with them, take it only if you get good signal strength. But I liked the Beam cable plans. I have Used TATA wimax and Beam cable both, and seriously both are in the same league when service is concerned. I had speed dropping problems in TATA which was very frustrating, In beam sometimes their were downtimes, but thats Ok with me, atleast I'm not interrupted while playing games/streaming.. I'm dead sure that beam people 'll get back to your problem sooner then tata people in case of any issue. I say you can try the beam cable for (one month rental1000 +500/- installation) or (3 months rental + installation free). tata's 384flash plan will cost ~1450/- including tax, where in beam you get ~750kbps truly unlimited 24x7 for 1000/- ...

EDIT: I would prefer beam over reliance any day. IMO reliance broadband totally sucks.

foruamit2004 said:
where in beam you get ~750kbps truly unlimited 24x7 for 1000/- ...

where are you getting for this price.

as per Beam Telecom

the 384 kbps ulimited costs 1000/-, my plan is 384 kbps unlimted 1000/- that why i'm that sure.

from where you got this information of ~750kbps truly unlimited 24x7 for 1000/- ...

NEW: sorry, i noticed that they changed the plan.. from http://www.beamcablesystem.com , i used to visit http://www.beamcablesystem.in

Back