Car & Bike Beat or Polo?

Punker said:
nobody suggesting him figo here...????
because his budget is not restricting him ..
Also the OP could consider the jazz.
Not sure about the mileage but the jazz looks great and it is pricey too.

I'm interested in buying Polo or Beat.

Again i am asking:

are the parts,service centers etc for polo easily available?

To be frank y isnt anyone suggesting the i10 kappa2?nice power and handling for indian traffic conditions.mileage is too good. looks are decent too.

vahss_11 said:
yes, why not Indica??? I dont think its a bad car, You cant prove wrong the number of Indica's sold in country against any other Hatch back's.

Just look at his needs :-

"My needs:

Good Mileage Indica is one of the best car to give good mileage, Look at the 1.3MJD , its the King of the Diesel Engine currently in the country.

Ride quality You wont find as much space in any other car available in India as in Indica, I am 100% sure about this.

Adjustable Seating and Steering Nearly all cars currently have this feature.

Good Sound Proofing You can Damp the car.

Good A/c I am yet to find a car which is more cooler then a "Tata" car.

Also, as he is already having a Indica, hence I suggest Polo.
Do you by any chance own an Indica or a TATA car for that matter? Just curious. :)

A few points I would like to add:

I like both the cars as both are suitable for youngsters...

I am thinking of Beat because if its Sporty looks.

If you think an Indica matches the above profile, you ought to expand your horizon.

The only Indica variant that is worth considering is the Vista Drivetech4.

Indica is one of the best car to give good mileage, Look at the 1.3MJD , its the King of the Diesel Engine currently in the country

He says Good Mileage, not the ultimate paisa vasool option available.

Good Sound Proofing - You can Damp the car.

He expects this right out of a brand new car.

Good A/c -I am yet to find a car which is more cooler then a "Tata" car.

A very biased statement from the looks of it. The cooling effect of an Indica is probably on par with that of the Alto LXI. I've done plenty of travelling in Indicas, to be in a position to make this statement.

Ride quality - You wont find as much space in any other car available in India as in Indica

Huh? Passenger space and Ride quality are two different things. Yes, there's plenty of space to seat people comfortably, but the ride quality is average.

Adjustable Seating and Steering - Nearly all cars currently have this feature.

AFAIK, only the Indica Vista DriveTech4 offers adjustable steering.

No offense mate, just reasoning with your claims. :)

Altair said:

Again i am asking:

I think it's time, you spent some time here. :p

Plenty of reviews, opinions and discussions that will help you in the process.

I own Tata Indica, and Tata Manza,

As for your reply on my post, I Clearly said that its my views and not general public views, So, Please read below :-
1)" If you think an Indica matches the above profile, you ought to expand your horizon.

The only Indica variant that is worth considering is the Vista Drivetech4"

I gave a suggestion and not forced him or said that its a out of the world/ Megan Fox looks kind of car, Looks can differ person to person, hence as your suggestion that I should expand my horizon, Thanks for your suggestion, I have nothing to add to this sentence. I have suggested Polo for looks if you can read my first post.

2) "He says Good Mileage, not the ultimate paisa vasool option available ."

Just want to give some information to you that the same 1.3 MJD engine is used in following cars :-

Tata Indica
Tata Manza
Fiat Linea
Fiat Punto
Chev Beat (Going to launch soon)
Maruti Swift
Maruti Dsize
Maruti SX4
Maruti Ritz

I request you to kindly ask any of your friends or relatives who might have any of the above cars, and ask them about its performance and Mileage. You will get your answer which could satisfy your query/Doubt.

3) He expects this right out of a brand new car

I said Polo as my First suggestion and just an option for Indica. Hope that by suggesting Indica I didn't Commit any crime ??? Please let me know , so that I will not suggest Indica as a car to anyone in future.

4) A very biased statement from the looks of it. The cooling effect of an Indica is probably on par with that of the Alto LXI. I've done plenty of travelling in Indicas, to be in a position to make this statement.

Just as I said in my point 1, I never said that its a claimed report or something like that, I CLEARLY SAID THAT ITS MY PERSONAL VIEW AND NOT THAT OF THE WORLD, I am extremely happy with "Tata" Car Cooling. Sad that you didnt liked the cooling.

5) Huh? Passenger space and Ride quality are two different things. Yes, there's plenty of space to seat people comfortably, but the ride quality is average

I request you to travel in linea or accent or any other hatch back and see the difference in space and comfort, as per your point on Passenger space and Ride quality been 2 different things, I am not going to agree with it, If you are not able to sit freely, comfortably in a car then what is the use of such cramped car?? it does count as ride quality, Ride quality in simple term means the feeling or the pleasure of traveling in a car, I dont know if you ever travelled in Amby or not, but its having one of the best Ride quality, and I feel the same about Indica. It might differ person to person.

As for Indica - I mean both Indica v2 and Indica Vista.

6) No offense mate, just reasoning with your claims

Same here. :)

No, they aint.. Own a polo and have tested the beat..
My rear viper broke and it took em 22 days to replace it... so so...
Internal spacing is really poor, ritz, swift, punto, i20 completely dominate here.

Still if ur hell bent between the 2, get a polo... Beat to me really looks sissy :)

Altair said:
Again i am asking:

Beat .. Partially because I own it.. secondly compared to VW polo engine wise and spare parts wise I guess Beat can be the option..

But if at all you are inclined to Diesel. then you dont have a choice than to go to POLO or wait for 2 more months for diesel Beat to be released ( optimistically )

But then I dont have any problems what so ever in BEat and believe me the service of GM ( chevy ) people is 1000 thousands better than Maruthi ( they dont care even to talk to you if you take swift to service).

@OP

My last OT, promise.

@vahss_11

I Clearly said that its my views and not general public views,
I CLEARLY SAID THAT ITS MY PERSONAL VIEW AND NOT THAT OF THE WORLD
Please indicate where you have explicitly specified the above. Your response qualifies as a general opinion to most.

I gave a suggestion and not forced him or said that its a out of the world/ Megan Fox looks kind of car, Looks can differ person to person,
We are talking about Polo/Beat VS. Indica in terms of styling, as per your initial argument over my comment.

Just want to give some information to you that the same 1.3 MJD engine is used in following cars :-
Think you're missing the point here. All I'm trying to say is that he isn't exclusively looking for a car that gives the best mileage. Good mileage is all he mentioned.

Hope that by suggesting Indica I didn't Commit any crime ?
No. Just debating the Polo/Beat VS. Indica duel. :)

I am yet to find a car which is more cooler then a "Tata" car.
My friend, when you make a statement like that on a public forum, you need to back it up with sufficient evidence and a general consensus in favour of the same.

If not, people could go around saying things like, I can't find any car better than my Maruti 800! Or My Daddy Strongest! :p

I request you to travel in linea or accent or any other hatch back and see the difference in space and comfort, as per your point on Passenger space and Ride quality been 2 different things, I am not going to agree with it,
Looks like you don't want to agree with two basic differences:

Ride quality refers to the degree of protection offered vehicle occupants from uneven elements in the road surface, or the terrain if driving off-road. A car with very good ride quality is also a comfortable car to ride in. Cars which disturb vehicle occupants with major or minor road irregularities would be judged to have low ride quality.

Passenger Space / Interior Volume refers to the volume of space inside an automobile, that determines the ease with which the occupants can be comfortably seated, without any sort of discomfort or inconvenience imparted from the interior equipment and features. For example: head room, leg room, hip room, shoulder room...

If you're not still convinced, I have nothing more to add.

Have a nice day!

Thank you very much for your time everyone :thanx:..Right now i have made my mind for Polo :cool2:
Rest i'll see when i'll test drive the Two.

i have heard lot of bad thing about After sales service of VW from people , So be-careful and good luck . Do post pic once you get your car

Back