Car & Bike Beat or Polo?

Altair

Skilled
I will be in College this year..

My parents will buy me any of these 2 cars in the month of May-June...

I'm a Bit confused...I have options in these 2...Regardless of budget..

My needs:

Good Mileage

Ride quality

Adjustable Seating and Steering

Good Sound Proofing

Good A/c

I like both the cars as both are suitable for youngsters...

I am thinking of Beat because if its Sporty looks. But i like POLO too....as i said confused...:S

I don't know anything about what to look in a car and this will be my 1st car so help me out.

Actually a bit confused in this too..what should i go for Petrol or Diesel??

I dont know how to move this in the auto zone section....?

I drive a Beat so i may be partial towards it. Both are pretty good cars

- Mileage - Beat has higher mileage.

- Ride Quality - Both are pretty good but i'd say Polo has slightly better front ride quality. Plus seats have thigh support unlike Beat.

- A/c and Sound Proofing wise - I don't think there will be any major difference

besides these, Polo definitely has much better gear shifts. Beat has a clunky stick. Build Quality wise also Polo seems better. Beat has a more powerful engine than Polo (1.2) and since its a 4 cylinder one unlike the 3 cylinder on Polo it is less noisy.

The price of the cars differ greatly, you will get the Top End LT version of Beat (which even has Climate Control) for the price of the Base version of Polo which won't even have rear power windows. So if you have the budget to buy a higher version of Polo, go for it. Else Beat is a pretty decent car.

P.S. - If you are short(<5.5") don't buy the beat. It has low seating and a high dashboard so its difficult for short drivers to properly see the road. Take a test drive of both cars to see which one you like, driving styles vary greatly.

I was also in same position 1 month ago.I bought Figo Diesel.Amazing car,lots of features,most powerful a/c in this segment,284 litre boot and lots more.....Polo is also good brilliant build quality,VW name but Figo is VFM car.....

Reason for buying car between Polo and Beat :-

A) Polo :-

1) Require extremely good looking car
2) Top Notch quality product.
3) Brand, Re sale value, Premium car owner feeling
4) Small and good with polo 1.6 petrol ( Engine)

B) Beat :-

1) You dont want to be slave of the Company ( In polo, you are slave of the company)
2) You dont want your (VW) logo to get stolen :p
3) You need cheaper option.
4) You want diesel option.
5) You want to have a modern matiz.

My suggestion :- If you can live with been slave of the company, then get Polo. Else go for Indica/Punto.

Happy Motoring.

i already have Indica standing outside my house....1 of my dad's car...:)

anyways as thetoxicmind said i will need to test drive these 2 cars i think at that time i'll know what to choose.and thanx for the link did help'd me out.

thnx@All

and also i would like to know are the parts for polo easily available? as far as i know i can get parts,services etc. easily for Chev. cars.

Between the 2 with budget no bar, I would any day choose Polo. Beat is smaller and less fun to drive. Beat will get better mileage though.

thetoxicmind said:
Indica? :p
Do you really think he would consider the Indica over the Beat and Polo?
yes, why not Indica??? I dont think its a bad car, You cant prove wrong the number of Indica's sold in country against any other Hatch back's.

Just look at his needs :-

"My needs:
Good Mileage Indica is one of the best car to give good mileage, Look at the 1.3MJD , its the King of the Diesel Engine currently in the country.
Ride quality You wont find as much space in any other car available in India as in Indica, I am 100% sure about this.
Adjustable Seating and Steering Nearly all cars currently have this feature.
Good Sound Proofing You can Damp the car.
Good A/c I am yet to find a car which is more cooler then a "Tata" car.
Also, as he is already having a Indica, hence I suggest Polo.

polo 1.6L in your dreams i guess..

they no more take bookings for that imo. (correct me if im wrong)

1.2 will be more than enough for city though..

opt for punto diesel or fabia if you opt for backseat activities in your college years.. polo's backroom may not be roomy enough for people above 5'8"

fabia now sports same engines as polo.

looks are subjective but i find beat ugly...the curvy bumps and lights remind me of fat asian hookers...

if you are not dead against buying any other car id suggest the Grande Punto.

the ride characteristics are like that of a big car , handles great at high speeds , beauty to look at , nice diesel engine with good performance and nice mileage , good build quality , widest in class tires , decent space at the back and ample in the front..

considering buying one after selling off my accent..or will prolly wait for the new verna rb

Back