Audio Beats or something else?

Cloud-S

Adept
I am getting a local deal on the Beats earphones that come with HTC Sensation XE, for Rs 1500.
I am basically looking for a earphone with good bass.
So, is this a good deal for the Beats earphones?

@Cloud-S keeping your requirements in mind, following options can be viewed --
  • SoundMAGIC PL-21 / MP-21 (the latter comes with a microphone for usage in-case of calls)
  • SoundMAGIC ES-18
Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Last edited by a moderator:
How is pl21 or es18 compared to meelec m16?

Never used the MEelectronic M16 so cannot compare.

The PL-21 in my opinion is one of the quality bass-heavy IEM's you can get at budget but no it does not inundate you in copious amounts of bass (thump... thump for reference).

The ES-18 again is a forum favourite for yeomanry budget duties, I have never personally used them for any great lengths of time.

Tagging a few members who might be more clear and thorough on their bearings -- @Esantosh, @FaH33m @sandeepsachin.

I will check out the es-18, looks good seeing the reviews.
On a site note, iBeats by Dre fo[FONT=Verdana, Segoe UI, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]r 1500 is a good deal? They are retailing for 3.5 on ebay. I hope I am not missing the deal which could have been a steal.[/FONT]

I will check out the es-18, looks good seeing the reviews.
On a site note, iBeats by Dre fo[FONT=Verdana, Segoe UI, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]r 1500 is a good deal? They are retailing for 3.5 on ebay. I hope I am not missing the deal which could have been a steal.[/FONT]

I think the Beats you are getting are fakes.

Cloud-S : Do check SA Elements C12 from Pristinenote, i am using them and found it to be pretty good budget iem.

It does have that rumble which you are looking for but in a good way.

@Cloud-S
If you have listened to the earphones and are happy with the performance go for it eyes closed .
I have personally tried PL 11, ES18,EP630 and CX180 in the budget you mentioned . For me CX180 > ES18>PL11>EP630 in terms of overall performance , the PL11 has plenty of bass and good detailing but bass tends to float into the mids too , the ES18 from whatever i heard i personally felt they are better the PL11's in terms of clarity with lesser bass .
Sennheiser CX180 has enuf bass and good clarity and has a very enjoyable sound signature . If you decide against the beats you can go for Either CX180 or ES18 (pl21 i have never heard so i have no idea about this) .

Back