BenQ service taking long and reps not responding.

BRUT

Disciple
Model: XL2546-B
Registered service request under warranty on July 23. Engineer arrived by 5th. They took it apart, tried a few things and put it back concluding the panel is dead. Said they would pass a resolution in 7 working days. They need to get intimation from BenQ itself since they are a 3rd party service provider name Fencer Services Pvt. Ltd. Have had not much relevant communication so far. No idea when they will replace/ repair. BenQ head- Siddesh K's provided numbers are always busy, Fencer's numbers are always busy. Technician number always busy and no reply on Whatsapp.

It’s the pandemic. They don’t have 240hz Panels just lying around. I want to believe they can do good.
let's hope so. I like their products, (the monitors) and luckily never had to use their customer support. Hope it goes well for you.

It’s the pandemic. They don’t have 240hz Panels just lying around. I want to believe they can do good.
May be they need a little push.
Go to pgportal.gov.in
Make an account
Lodge a complaint, by selecting ministry of consumer affairs.
Don't forget to give proper communication address, email and phone numbers of both benq office and local service provider.

This will move things at a rapid pace, believe me

May be they need a little push.
Go to pgportal.gov.in
Make an account
Lodge a complaint, by selecting ministry of consumer affairs.
Don't forget to give proper communication address, email and phone numbers of both benq office and local service provider.

This will move things at a rapid pace, believe me
Should I really try consumer affairs?. Benq CS head’ phone is always busy. He said he would reply after lunch, but did not.

I just noticed that they approved a ”replacement“ unit for my case, in their email. No stock available though.

Last edited:
Should I really try consumer affairs?. Benq CS head’ phone is always busy. He said he would reply after lunch, but did not.

I just noticed that they approved a ”replacement“ unit for my case, in their email. No stock available though.
Yes, initiate a process, it's not something legal,
The ministry will send them an official email to settle the issue and if they fail after repeated nudges from the ministry email them only something official starts.
Most of the times a single mail and a feedback reminder is enough from the ministry to get things done on a fast pace.

Yes, initiate a process, it's not something legal,
The ministry will send them an official email to settle the issue and if they fail after repeated nudges from the ministry email them only something official starts.
Most of the times a single mail and a feedback reminder is enough from the ministry to get things done on a fast pace.
Does the website log you out randomly while typing? this is nuts!‍
I am trying to submit under “Department of Consumer affairs” Since I cant find the ministry option for now. The department option is very deep in the list. Have to search a bit.
thanks for introducing me to this. Learned something new.

Don’t know if grievance redressal worked, but they are sending me a replacement today.
Let us know when you finally receive the replacement. In all how many days of agony did you have to bear? Its been a super long wait from July 23 I guess. Kudos to your patience.

Let us know when you finally receive the replacement. In all how many days of agony did you have to bear? Its been a super long wait from July 23 I guess. Kudos to your patience.

The service engineer from Fencer pvt ltd swapped the s/n and p/n labels between new and old monitors, on the rear. He explained it being a transfer of remaining warranty to the replacement piece. So they taped the new units label onto the old unit While simply reapplying the old label on the new unit. Monitor seems to be working optimally.

phew!

Don’t know if grievance redressal worked, but they are sending me a replacement today.
It does work mate, got many many things solved this way.
And ministry of consumer affairs is the right choice in these matters.

All the best, have fun.
Changing of labels seemed a fraud stuff of you ask me, never ever i have seen this
The guy will dupe the company again i guess somehow as they have a faulty unit with new sn

Generally you get a second invoice with new serial and details of original warranty.

May be they just swapped with a retail unit from somewhere instead of indenting one just to get rid you off from your back.

All in all, ur work got done. [emoji106]

@BRUT Congrats! Can you please give details of where in dept/ ministry of consumer affairs did you submit your complaint for grievance redressal? If you give the steps, I am sure it will be helpful for all community members to know this.

Last edited:
It does work mate, got many many things solved this way.
And ministry of consumer affairs is the right choice in these matters.

All the best, have fun.
Changing of labels seemed a fraud stuff of you ask me, never ever i have seen this
The guy will dupe the company again i guess somehow as they have a faulty unit with new sn

Generally you get a second invoice with new serial and details of original warranty.

May be they just swapped with a retail unit from somewhere instead of indenting one just to get rid you off from your back.

All in all, ur work got done. [emoji106]
My email has some notifications from the redressal website. So it has to be their work. This was really good advice. Thank you so much. Also shoutout to the service guy whole hauled the whole new monitor box for a whole kilome on foot. That shit is like 15kg+
@BRUT Congrats! Can you please give details of where in dept/ ministry of consumer affairs did you submit your complaint for grievance redressal? If you give the steps, I am sure it will be helpful for all community members to know this.
So the option for consumer affairs etc will come up after you select “central government”. The Next drop down list will ask which department. Thankfully there is a search box for typing depart name above the drop down so type in ”consumer” And pick the only option there is. Consumer affairs/ court. Some days later a very polite well mannered person calls from the government. They ask questions regarding the case, then gives you a docket number For reference. If asked, you must upload a photo of your bill using that docket number for reference on their portal.

Last edited:
Fencer services engineer phoned me asking to kindly share him the photo of the label on the new monitor’ for ”registration”. Sent it to him.
One detail though. BenQ’s official communication to consumerhelpline says that I mentioned there is damage on the monitor, but they found nothing and are still sending a replacement. Whereas the fencer engineer made his big receipt in writing saying panel is dead.

Case closed by me anyways.

Last edited:
Congrats! If this was the result of the grievance filed, then i should probably try it out too. I've generally read very positive reviews about Benq after sales support though
so this is mostly due to the Pandemic.

Last edited:
Back