Audio Best 2.0, 2.1 for 10-12k...Please suggest some high end speakers..

Infected

Skilled
Hi,
I am interested in picking up a new speaker system for my PC as I left mt HT setup back home.I am not so keen on 5.1 setups as I hate those wires all over the place and thats why I am just looking for a 2.0 or 2.1 setup, unless someone really justifies me investing in a 5.1. I have even used the Creatives Inspire 7700 and I rarely used all 7.1 setup in it.
Well my budget is 10-12K and if needed can be streteched.

My main usage is Music, gaming and movies, and maybe sometimes I'd connect my PS3 to it as well.

I have shortlisted the following:

1. Creative T40
2. Creative T20
3. Klipsch Promedia 2.1 11.5K
4. Bose Companionâ„¢ 3 Series II 7K
5. Logitech Z-2300
6. Logitech Z-5500

I have added the Logitech Z-5500 also even though I prefer to stick to 2.0-2.1, because of its Optical conetivicity to the PS3 and the PC sound card. PLease comment. Thanks a lot.

Right now I am completly confused as to which one of these to pick up. If you guys have any other recommendations please suggest.

Thanks a lot.

Klipsch Promedia 2.1 assuming, there isn't any cost cutting evident in the sets like the MX. If your priority is music over anything else, why don't you invest in a pair of powered stereo speakers?

Audioengine A2 without a shadow of doubt, it is very good and almost close to the A5. It will beat the crap of even a Bose 2.1 or better for that matter.

...Thanks a lot guys, I have finally shortlisted the AudioEngines.

Will be ordering them coming weekend, just confused which ones to get the A2's or the A5's? The A5's seem too big to sit on the desk, though my desk is fairly large 5feetx2feet, but do I need the A5's power is the question? Won't the A2's be adequate?

Also for now pairing them with the Audigy 2 is fine right?, later i intend to get the Xonar ST/STX.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Infected,sailing in the same boat as you only diff have a MX5021 which has started acting up.Planning to go in for the AE2's,members so how big is the difference in sound quality between these two.

P.S How are the Razor Mako speakers.

Yogi, call bajaoo.com, you I am sure you can go over to audition them, also Audioengineindia.com and contact them directly for an audition....

APS Co.

(Audio Products India)

391, Narsi Natha Street, Room No 1 & 2, 1st Floor

Mahesh Chambers, Mumbai - 400 009, India

Tel.: +91 - 22 - 23448452 / 66357140 / 66359976

Contact Person:

Mr. Aman Singh (Mobile: 09324233508)

Mr. Siddharth Bhatia (Mobile: 09821516338)

Back