Monitors Best 21.5" Monitor available?

Sub

Adept
I am looking for the best 21.5" monitor available in India. This is in a tight space - there's a maximum height of 35cm. Ideally, I would like to go for the Dell U2211H, but I can't find it in India. And no, the U2311H does not fit. I used the search and found a thread suggesting BenQ G2220 or Dell P2210. Are these really the best we can get? What is the best monitor in the 21.5"-22" range I can buy in India today? And is there anything particularly exciting releasing shortly that is worth waiting for? I know that monitors are slowly transitioning to IPS, but I am talking about products that have already been announced and released elsewhere. Thanks!

I have a flexible budget, I just want the best 21.5/22 inch monitor. (within reason, so no exotic gear like Flanders Scientific, under Rs. 15k or so) Looking for a PVA or IPS panel, but might have to do with a top quality TN panel if PVA/IPS is not available. 8-bit is a major bonus. Another thing very important for me is black levels. What is the model for your Acer?

Acer S221 HQL... Wasnt able to post pics yesterday, would do it today... :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

591484e70cc239b50e.jpg

591484e70cc1070e30.jpg

Thanks for the pics.

HP released a bunch of new monitors today. I think HP ZR2240w is pretty much my ideal monitor. It's selling for $289 in the US, hope it releases here soon. There's also a ZR2040w which is only $189. Must be the cheapest IPS monitor right?

If you are going to use it for games and movies (which you will most probably) then avoid this monitor. My friend recently got this and my acer s201's picture quality is better compared to the one you have mentioned. You may check for some reviews. My friend got this for Rs.9.6K... :S So if its at 8.6K then I think its a good buy..

Back