Budget 0-20k Best 32GB 3200MHz C16 Dual Channel RAM Kit?

Digigear

Disciple
I'm building a Ryzen 5600x with my ASUS TUF B550M Wi-Fi Mobo and i need 32GB RAM.

I am thinking of getting a 3200MHz C16 Kit. Any tips as to which kit to go for?

Priority is consistenxy, warranty support and value for money.

I hate RGB. Ideally would want one without all the light pollution. But if it is an absolute deal I might suppress my distaste and go for RGB.

And it would be best if it ships to Chennai within a day cuz it's the last item left to compete my build. And I can't wait!

Any tips?

If it is for the same build you were asking earlier then the one you had already was fine and enough. Go with Corsair Vengeance Black/Red kit non-RGB.

This is sadly an issue with all brands not just corsair. If you buy different kits/sticks separately there's no guarantee you're getting all 100% same. Only way to make sure you get all the same sticks is to buy the full capacity in a kit because they are tested and QA is done on them together as a kit.

There's a good chance that the two separate kits have 100% same RAM sticks if they're manufactured at the same place and time but even that is not guaranteed.

This is sadly an issue with all brands not just corsair. If you buy different kits/sticks separately there's no guarantee you're getting all 100% same. Only way to make sure you get all the same sticks is to buy the full capacity in a kit because they are tested and QA is done on them together as a kit.

There's a good chance that the two separate kits have 100% same RAM sticks if they're manufactured at the same place and time but even that is not guaranteed.
Anyway what do you think about this?

This looks like an absolute beast!

Fits everything in my bill. I don't mind not having c16. This seems like a performer and honestly I'm surprised it is selling at this price.

What's the catch?

The catch is that it's not available to buy now. The kit is good but not guaranteed to actually run at 4000Mhz. You'd be lucky if it runs on 4000Mhz stable.
What do you mean?

I am able to see it available for sale.

And what do you mean it won't run at 4000mhz?

I've seen videos of it running at 4000mhz right out of the box.

What do you mean?

I am able to see it available for sale.

And what do you mean it won't run at 4000mhz?
1649184634493.png

I mean if you place the order you'll have to confirm if it's actually available or not. Probably before ordering.

And about not running at 4000Mhz I said it's not a guarantee. XMP is not a sure shot on every combination of CPU and motherboard.

View attachment 130985

I mean if you place the order you'll have to confirm if it's actually available or not. Probably before ordering.

And about not running at 4000Mhz I said it's not a guarantee. XMP is not a sure shot on every combination of CPU and motherboard.

Oh thanks. I didn't realize that was a thing.

How can I find out if this will work with my Ryzen 5600x + ASUS TUF B550M WIFI Mobo?

Oh thanks. I didn't realize that was a thing.

How can I find out if this will work with my Ryzen 5600x + ASUS TUF B550M WIFI Mobo?
Ryzens don't always run at high speeds, even if the kit is rated too. But you might be able to run it at 3600 or 3800 with tighter timings (which Ryzens like)

Ryzens don't always run at high speeds, even if the kit is rated too. But you might be able to run it at 3600 or 3800 with tighter timings (which Ryzens like)
Yeah I was gonna post about this. I might be able to run it at 3600MHz at C16.

And at that price this quality of RAM is a steal.

Let's see if I can actually get my hands on it.

Yeah I was gonna post about this. I might be able to run it at 3600MHz at C16.

And at that price this quality of RAM is a steal.

Let's see if I can actually get my hands on it.
For years TheITDepot has been doing this 'Against Order' nonsense. Good luck!

Meaning you have tried it and never been able to get that item to be delivered?

Can you please elaborate?
No, i mean they have that on their site for years. Due to the vague nature of that policy, I have never ordered any 'Against Order' item from them.

No, i mean they have that on their site for years. Due to the vague nature of that policy, I have never ordered any 'Against Order' item from them.
Well, I managed to place the order last night. The order went through and the status was "Processing - awaiting approval". Their payment options show that only UPI and Net banking options don't have a service charge. The remaining options like credit card etc have a Rs. 268 service charge, so I chose the NEFT option. I was expecting to see a netbanking payment page, but it just said "Order placed successfully" and it went into my order history. It was too late to call.

But this morning I got a call from them confirming that they contacted the distributor and that the item will be delivered in 2 to 3 days upon confirmed payment. And they shared the net banking details via Whatsapp. I just completed the payment. So it's looking good so far.

Great... let us know how it goes. Also make sure you update your BIOS first to latest version perhaps will give you a better chance at running on higher speeds.
I've never built a PC, nor have I ever overclocked anything. I've only heard the term until recently. So needless to say I have no idea how to update the bios :p

But I've read in places that for the 5600x I should get best results if I keep between 3200MHz and 3600MHz. And that it is possible to underclock this to 3600MHz at C16.

I don't know how but for now I'm going to try to get this to run on auto clock (I've heard ASUS mobos have this feature?) and see how everything goes.

Honestly I went for this purely for the price, the quality of the build and the fact that it doesn't have RGB lol

If I can get it to C16 at 3600MHz I got pretty much what I need :)

It would be nice if anyone could link me to resources on how to do what I need. Thanks!

I have exactly the same kit, DOCP works as advertised. However, my 5600x can't maintain 1:1 ratio, it can do 1900mhz FCLK (haven't tried).
Currently running it at 3600.
Please check with ItDepot before placing the order since it's highly likely they don't have it in stock.

I have exactly the same kit, DOCP works as advertised. However, my 5600x can't maintain 1:1 ratio, it can do 1900mhz FCLK (haven't tried).
Currently running it at 3600.
Please check with ItDepot before placing the order since it's highly likely they don't have it in stock.
I've already placed the order after they confirmed that it is available. Made the payment as well. Should be delivered by Tuesday as per the info from them.

So I was talking to someone who is more experienced with overclocking RAM and this is what he has told me:-

First thing you should do is check if everything is stable without XMP. Make sure that there isn’t something other than memory that is causing issues. Then check if XMP boots. If it does, check if FCLK:MCLK are at 1:1. If they are not, go into bios and set them to 1:1. If everything remains stable you are done. No need to downclock. You won the silicon lottery. Only if you can’t boot or get instability would I recommend tuning your memory manually. Memory OC/tuning is a deep topic, though. To get a starting point you can follow method 1 in this post: to get to a starting point. BEWARE: The post is a bit dated and method 2 and 3 I wouldn’t recommend. Also keep in mind, that you will be downclocking your RAM (to the highest infinity fabric clock your memory controller can handle). Beyond that google is your friend. There are quite a few Ryzen memory OC guides for varying skill levels out there. You will have to find one that suits your needs.
Maybe this helps you out? Since we both have the same CPU + RAM.

What motherboard do you have?

Btw how much did you buy your RAM kit for? And from where?

I've already placed the order after they confirmed that it is available. Made the payment as well. Should be delivered by Tuesday as per the info from them.

So I was talking to someone who is more experienced with overclocking RAM and this is what he has told me:-

Maybe this helps you out? Since we both have the same CPU + RAM.

What motherboard do you have?

Btw how much did you buy your RAM kit for? And from where?
Every CPU is not the same. A 5600X manufactured at the same time in the same place with another 5600X won't be the same. That's why there's a factor for "silicon lottery".
Just boot with no XMP profile first and test all stability, preferably with memtest86+. If everything's stable then turn on XMP.
Pretty sure there won't be just one profile for 4000Mhz but one would be for lower as well. Try with that first then repeat the test and take it further.

XMP is nothing but a factory overclock profile which has been tested with some combination of CPU/mobo and found out to be working. It's not guaranteed to work on every such combination of CPU/mobo in the world.
You're just paying for convenience of not overclocking manually and finding the right settings of timings/voltage and frequency. That said, if it doesn't work at 4000Mhz using XMP profile such extra expense of XMP profile is a waste.

Last edited:
Back