Best 3G Modem

Please someone tell me the location of service center of Huawei DATA Cards in Kolkata ?

I'm planning to buy in near future locally or online with national warranty.....

^^ Unlocked modems lose their warranty. This seller does not mention anywhere that it is the manufacturer warranty. By all means, he is referring to his own dealer warranty, which is as good as nothing. Anyway, why don't you ask this question to the seller himself on ebay.

^ Both are the same thing I guess, but from different providers hence the branding and design is different.

But the E1750 does not have an external antenna slot.

^ so which other model should i get? external antenna would be helpful to me since my pc is opposite the window in my room.

The best would be the E176 I think, but can't find the listing now.

Other good modems are E122 and UMG181. I have the UMG181 and its working fine. :) All these have external antenna support :)

^^ Thanks for the input. Am looking to take the plunge for the past week. Putting off every time in the hope that the E176 would soon surface. The ebay seller who sold the E176 a couple of weeks ago mentioned that he might be receiving stocks of e176 sometime in the next couple of days. I think I'll wait till the 10th and then order the UMG181. :)

i searched the net a lot for an external antenna. the price of those seem absurd - around Usd 35. Does an antenna cost more than the modem? :O

wanted to ask one thing. can the UMG181 be used in folded position? i mean since it has swivel usb connector, can it be used in any specific angled direction to maximize the signal gain?

It can be used at 90 degree position, that is, the modem pointing upwards when connected to the USB port in a laptop. Obviously, it would be usable at the 180 degree position too, that is, completely horizontal to the surface like any other USB modem. What I'm not sure is whether it can be used at angles in between these two positions. varkey should be able to throw more light on this.

Back