Best 3G Modem

The idea 3g device is available for 900-999 ,not sure which it is

LOL no way below 1000 bucks....there is only 1 idea model its the yellow color Huawei E1550. Can you tell where u r getting for 900 bucks :O

babhishek said:
it should be, i use the edimax and remember it being listed as compatible.

let me know if u need any help

I have checked list of compatible modems but Huawei UMG 1831 is not listed.

Edit:-

I just got reply from Edimax tech support as below. They are releasing new firmware and they hope it would be compatible.

Dear Mahesh,

Good Day!!

We have not tested UMG 1831 data card so far but hopefully this will be compatible. In case any compatibility issue found, we will try to debug remotely and will release a new firmware for router with compatibility fix within 5-6 working days.

BTW, Can you pls revert with ISP/Service details too… (i.e. - Tata photon+ or BSNL 3G)

Feel free to revert back for any further clarification.

Regards,

Sanjay Joshi

Manager – Technical (India)

Edimax Technology Co. Ltd.

I got another reply from tech support and they would release new firmware if there is any compatibility issue found.

Dear Mahesh,
UMG-1831 data card has been tested with our 3G-6200n router successfully by an end user, hope fully it will also compatible to 3G-6210n too!
Once your purchase done, Pl let me know to send you latest firmware to test. In case as written in previous mail, if compatibility issue found, we will be able to rectify same in 5-7 working days.
Regards,
Sanjay Joshi

^whats different abt Edimax 3G-6210n compared to N13U

Supra said:
LOL no way below 1000 bucks....there is only 1 idea model its the yellow color Huawei E1550. Can you tell where u r getting for 900 bucks :O
in hyderabad

yesterday when i went, i saw only teracom modems being sold and available in kormanagala outlet, dunno if they have micromax, maybe in some other locations or city.

Back