Best 802.11n router locally available?

Did a search but it's all pretty confusing. Any outright suggestions? Budget around 5K. If the cheaper ones are as good, thats great too. Are the ones that go upto 9-10k really worth the extra?

I am now using a cheap Belkin 'g' router which has enough range for me. Want the 'n' for the higher speeds, and not so much the range.

Router used now is just a Belkin G with no model name, bought for some 1500/- or so.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Thinking of this, any experiences?

Flipkart: Asus RT-N13U: Router

For high speed, I will recommend going with at least a N300 router which gives a theoretical speed of 300 Mbps (the actual speed depends on the device and interference). I have a netgear N300 wifi router with built in ADSL modem (Flipkart: Netgear Wireless-N 300 Router With Modem: Router) and it gives me minimum 144Mbps link speed on all my devices. The one that you have chosen seems to be N300 and is a good choice. Although Cisco E1200 (Flipkart: Cisco Linksys E1200 Wireless-N Router: Router) is generally regarded as the best router in this class.

Also, you might consider going for dual band routers. They are a little over your budget, but are capable of creating the same WiFi network over 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz frequency bands simultaneously. The 5Ghz band has higher throughput and generally less interference as there aren't many devices in the band in one's home.

I am using buffalo routers.

I will suggest wcr gn model (n150 ) it comes with 3 yrs warranty.

i purchased two for 2500.

it nicely covers my 3 storied building along with one n300 buffalo router / gigabit switch.

I agree with what setu says.

BTW, ASUS N13U B1 also comes with 3 yrs warranty.

For dual band, if you can, the N 56 U is awesome.

Vivek, where I live there are only a couple of networks, and not much chance of any more coming up, so will I still see any benefit with the dual band?

Saw reviews on the N56U but that is 8k plus.

Aren't you a mac user? Get a Airport Express, na? Why stick with these?

If you still are on a budget, go for the ASUS N13U. using one. awesome piece. However, the LAN ports are 10/100 only.

BTW, if you do plan to stream stuff over wifi, it would make more sense to go for the dual band one. This would allow you to use the 2.4 GHz band for internet / file sharing and the 5GHz for movie streaming.

Asus RT-N56U is best bang for your money if you are looking for Dual Band its highly recommended but make your choice wisely whether you really need dual band or not.

Read thru that link, but many other reviews suggest that the Asus N56U is better?

Apple loyalists looking for a new router will appreciate the new Extreme's faster networking performance, but if you value price and performance over simple aesthetics, we recommend the Editors' Choice-winning Asus RT-N56U over the AirPort Extreme.

Read more: Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station Review - Watch CNET's Video Review

We compared a handful of routers to the updated AirPort Extreme as well as to the older model Extreme, in both the 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands. In the 5GHz throughput test, the new Extreme was 24.1Mpbs faster than the legacy Extreme, but couldn't best the competing Asus at distances of either 15 feet or 100 feet.

Read more: Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station Review - Watch CNET's Video Review

From the same review.

Back