Best All Rounder Phone upto 14k!!

arnov

Adept
Hey guys which phone do you think is the best phone currently available for 14k keeping all aspects in Mind like Looks, Camera Quality, Music Quality, Gaming Capability, Weight, Bluetooth Connectivity, Reliability or Longetivity.

Some of the phones listed below are and their possible shortcomings are:

1. SE K750i (Rs. 13500/- approx.)

Cons: Joystick Problem

2. SE W550i (Rs. 11500/- approx.)

Cons: No Zoom in 1.3 MP Camera Mode, White Screen Problem, No Memory Expansion.

3. Nokia 6630 (Rs. 11500/- approx.)

Cons: No FM, Heavy, Awkward look like a Fatty Snowman.

4. Nokia 6681 (Rs. 13500/- approx.)

Cons: Stability Issues, Heavy, No FM.

5. Nokia 3230 (Rs. 11000/- approx.)

Cons: Camera Quality not so good, Mono Sound Output, No Software / Datacable Included.

6. Samsung X700 (Rs. 9000/- approx.)

Cons: Shorter Battery Life, Working in Backgroung not possible while listenening Music, Low Sound Output.

7. Samsung D500 (Rs. 12000/- approx.)

Cons: No Memory Expansion, No FM Radio.

8. Motorola V3i (Rs. 13500/- approx.)

Cons: Camera not upto the mark, very delicate phone, No FM Radio.

Even after considering all these facts which one do you think is the best phone around??

Hey! I believe the W800i can be squeezed to Rs.14K in the grey market.. plus it should drop by this month-end i believe..
I've never trusted anything other than SE and Nokia.. and when it comes to hi-end phones, "Respect" to SE...

zhopudey said:
I think the problem is you complain too much. :tongue:
When you are investing around 14k then definitely you should get the best of thelot. What's the use that after 6 months of you the phone does'nt restarts or the joystick gets spoiled and you felt cheated!!

well you seem to have found flaws in the most popular ones...so you'll never be happy with what you have. most reviews on this site seem to favour the sony phones and i guess i'll agree with them

Well its really quite simple. First, remove the samsung phones. And forget V3i.

Now in nokia and SE, you have -

k750i - Joystick problem
w550i - white screen problem
N 6681 - stability issues

That leaves only 6630 and 3230 without any defects. I would choose less features over any other issues. And between these two phones, i think 6630 easily wins.

I hate 6630 .. it looks like a frog.
guys now dont recommend a 3230 it has hundreds of issues literally :p.
what bout the good old 6230 / 6230i?
no symbian no bigger screen thts wht it lacks.
cam quality is same as 6630 and 3230 ..dont comment on nokia s40's stability issues ;).
sound is same as the 6270 if u use the hds-23 headphones.loudspeaker is way better than 6630 .. though 6630's sound can be increased with software but tht will rssult in a cracky output.

6630 is VFM and better keypad layout then n70 in my opinion, atleast my hand never pains as i send about 200-300 sms a day.

If u want all in one phone then u will have to sacrifice something as there is no all in one phone in the market, if it was then mostly all will have that :p

6681 does not have any stability issues, I m usin one fr past 3 months,but it has low RAM..........

6630 is the best ;) (ask masky), but then some guys do not like it's looks, but I guess If u change the colour to black,it works like magic!

I do not think SE phones are allrounders.. They are camera's 1st and fr sure the best in market....

You should go for the w550i. Your not really going to use the zoom. Im sure you can take a few steps ahead to take a photo.

Atleast it looks better than the Nokia's... Stupid thick bulky pieces of crap. :|.

Aditya said:
You should go for the w550i. Your not really going to use the zoom. Im sure you can take a few steps ahead to take a photo.
Atleast it looks better than the Nokia's... Stupid thick bulky pieces of crap. :|.
Yeah But the cam on 6630 is soo much better then SE w550i

the 6630 is a gr8 phone i agree....even the K750i is awsome...just get the joystick changed within the warranty period..:p

What i would like to know is wht is your main purpose for the phone...u want to use it for music or the camera or just for the looks

K750i...........for obvious reasons i.e. camera and music capabilities. 6630 = pos for music and the cam doesn't really stand up against the k750i. 3d jav games are as good as symbian 3d games.

guys.. i also went to shop to purchase 6630 but somehow i didnt like the disign of it... now i own 6270 with 512 and speed is no problem. off course not like 6630 but still i am happy with the speed.
net on it is also awsome..
when connected to internet it shows 420kbps speed connection.
even after firewall is ON i managed to open yahoo page on my laptop for the first time in 2-3 seconds. downloaded messanger in 13 min.. started to download with 28 kbps.... later came down to 11.9 kbps... enough speed to browse...
all round phone i will say..
2 MP camera - not very good compare to 750
GPRS, Edge, FM, stereo speakers, big screen, one click to connect to internet.... great........

cons - little heavy and big..

cost with 512MB = 15k..

My dad also wants a new mobile.... budget around 14K.

I have more or less decided on 6630.

He will not be using cam for much. The main thing is I want the other features like GPRS, Bluetooth, etc...

Will the phone slow down with usage??? I hope not.

And can he browse the net through the mboile?? I dont mean just connecting to the net... but browsing properly.... google, yahoo, rediff, etc..... Is it possible on the phone?

And what does email feature on 6630 mean??

And what is 3G?? What is it used for?

Went to Nokia India site and clicked on the features I was looking for.

2 options left.... do you guys think these features are worth it?? I dont know what many of them mean.

And the VOICE DIAL .... does it mean that I can dial a number without touching the phone??

and what does "Business features" mean??

Back