Best All Rounder Phone upto 14k!!

Nikhil said:
My dad also wants a new mobile.... budget around 14K.

I have more or less decided on 6630.

He will not be using cam for much. The main thing is I want the other features like GPRS, Bluetooth, etc...

Will the phone slow down with usage??? I hope not.

And can he browse the net through the mboile?? I dont mean just connecting to the net... but browsing properly.... google, yahoo, rediff, etc..... Is it possible on the phone?

And what does email feature on 6630 mean??

And what is 3G?? What is it used for?

Went to Nokia India site and clicked on the features I was looking for.

2 options left.... do you guys think these features are worth it?? I dont know what many of them mean.

And the VOICE DIAL .... does it mean that I can dial a number without touching the phone??

and what does "Business features" mean??

I think 6681 will be a much better deal, good looking same features, non 3G, Camera with Light.

I'd say among the Nokia's the 6630. Forget the snowman look, dude.. thats what people say when they see some1 else with one :p The OS being symbian is soo addictive and fun to be around. Plus the 6681 has a slow POS CPU, that makes it lag seriously so. Also the flap at the back (for the camera) scratches the body gradually during use.
Not a good phone...

Among the SE's I'd say the W800i, and for that budget you mentioned the K750i..

arnov said:
I think 6681 will be a much better deal, good looking same features, non 3G, Camera with Light.

Sorry to post again here (mods I'm not spamming)...

The 6681 doesn't have a better camera as compared to the 6630... Definitely not...My office has got a 6681 for use and it sucks.. Slower CPU (very much more so), and the camera ain't better believe it or not... The flash does nothing to make this better...

The chrome buttons add that el cheapo garish look.. IMO give it (and the 6680) and skip...:)

The guy who said music suckz on a 6630... u got it all wrong buddy..try the headphones with powermp3 (someone else mentioned 2), I am using this setup meself...And after the stereo converter and headphones, this sounds as good as an Ipod!!

@ nikhil...use edit.. something u reminded me off quite a few times ok..

apollyon said:
vandy, the 6630 n the 6681/80 share the same cpu :)
afaik the 262k screen causes the lag
Is it so?? Any links please?? The lag is serious... seems too much for just the screen... btw manufacturers should also post screen size in inches, rather than the res..:)
Anyways 6630 > 6681/80 AFAIC ;)

Nikhil
I think 6681 is a great phone but it is not fr power users bcause of LOW RAM comapred to 6630............ CPU speed is same as 6630

Camera is slightly better Bcause of more settings like "white balance" and all but almost same...

camera cover has not been a problem to me fe past 4 months.... and I guess ur dad will prefer the regular rectangular shape to the round shape of 6630

however if u wanna fr urself then get 6630...

If u guys have any questions abt 6681 then pls ask here...

Thanks aka.... but I have my heart set on 6630..... And I heard from not so reliable sources that 6681 slows down after some time....

6630 is a BETTER phone....... I have to say I regretted my decision to buy 6681 ...... The 6630 was 3k cheaper and much more capable........ just did not have the right looks fr me............

also 6630 runs 9 more ngage games then 6681........

vandal said:
Is it so?? Any links please?? The lag is serious... seems too much for just the screen... btw manufacturers should also post screen size in inches, rather than the res..:)
Anyways 6630 > 6681/80 AFAIC ;)
spmark.gif

6630 all the way. 6681 has lower ram and the 262k screen makes it a bit slower. Also I dont see much diff between 65k of 6630 and 262k of 6681. 6630 has 3G but its waste in india for the time being. Also I dont find the cam of either good, actually none of the cam in mobiles phones are good to me :( the fancy flash in 6681 is just white LED which comes no where to a real flash.

6630 is a good business phone with email, voice dialing. I mostly post in TE from Opera installed in 6630. its really good. and put the black panel on 6630 will make it look a hell lot better :D

EDIT: Although the above pic shows same ram in actual usage the phone has available free memory about 7mb for 6681 and about 9mb for 6630.

Nikhil what are ur main requirements? I dont think ur dad will be fiddling too much with symbian.

TechHead said:
Speaking about the 6630 from experience? Ever tried PowerMP3 with equalisers on it?

hmm nope i've tried Ultramp3 and smartmovie.

avi_avadhut said:
guys.. i also went to shop to purchase 6630 but somehow i didnt like the disign of it... now i own 6270 with 512 and speed is no problem. off course not like 6630 but still i am happy with the speed.
net on it is also awsome..
when connected to internet it shows 420kbps speed connection.
even after firewall is ON i managed to open yahoo page on my laptop for the first time in 2-3 seconds. downloaded messanger in 13 min.. started to download with 28 kbps.... later came down to 11.9 kbps... enough speed to browse...
all round phone i will say..
2 MP camera - not very good compare to 750
GPRS, Edge, FM, stereo speakers, big screen, one click to connect to internet.... great........

cons - little heavy and big..

cost with 512MB = 15k..
The Nokia 6270 is a great phone i must say but something i dont like is the sliding design .. trust me it gets really and really annoying... and the phone is real bukly.ONe more thing i;'ve noticed the cam isnt tht great like k750i.

but it has some cool features such as sd transflash card and bluetooth 2.0 i think .. etc etc..
from my personal experience the stereo output sounds really bad .. i prefer mono in phones i mean on external speakers.

get the k750 for 12500rs. & buy a 1gb memory card for 1500rs.
there is your 14k fully worth.

i am assuming the price is 12.5k cause i bought it for 13k & 1500 for memory card.

Thanks a lot guys :) I think I will convince my dad to go for 6630.

What is the market price in India right now?? approx.... I will call up some shop tomorrow and also ask....

Well I had decided upon 6630 for my dad:p but he liked the looks of the 6681 better. Even though the prices in that particualr showroom is 6630 === 11.8 vs 6681--- 13.8K .

My dad is the one to use the phone so, I let him choose.... he is bent upon the 6681.

but in the other thread, I read that 6681 is slower than 6630.

And that it is prone to slowing donw after some time. Now this slowing down if it happens, can it be solved be reloading the s/w or something???

And what is price of 6680??Just for info as it has all features of the 6630...

6270 =good music wuality but i find it too loud and screetchy. no symbian big big size and okward sliding which i hate.
pros really good screen .. edge transflash card good headphones bundled ..

Nikhil said:
Well I had decided upon 6630 for my dad:p but he liked the looks of the 6681 better. Even though the prices in that particualr showroom is 6630 === 11.8 vs 6681--- 13.8K .

My dad is the one to use the phone so, I let him choose.... he is bent upon the 6681.

but in the other thread, I read that 6681 is slower than 6630.

And that it is prone to slowing donw after some time. Now this slowing down if it happens, can it be solved be reloading the s/w or something???
And what is price of 6680??Just for info as it has all features of the 6630...

HELP ME guys.... it is urgent!!! Please help.

Back