Budget 15-20K Best Android Camera Phone at 20k

satyanjoy

Skilled
Hello guys, I am using Moto G (8gb) and looking for an upgrade. My main issue my Moto G 1st gen is bad indoor photo and lack of expandable storage. I will prefer a phone with good enough indoor photo and which can last 2-3 years. My main focus will be camera quality at indoor or artificial light. I have following phones are in my mind -

1. Moto g 3rd gen - cheaper, familiar, much better camera than my current moto g 1st gen,regular os update and water resistance (I was a motorola defy user !!)
2. One Plus One - beast of a phone, way much value, I am bit worried about the Oxygen OS, is it too old to get further future update ? how is the after sales support in Bangalore ?
3. Asus Zenphone 2 - another beast, I read that camera is not as good as one plus one
4. Mi 4 - wild card entry in my list, is it worth without 4g and infamous heating issues, how is after sale support?

A common question to all above phones - which one take best indoor pics at artificial and low light and videos (pics has higher value in compare to video). We have a new born and all I want is to capture the beautiful moments at best possible & affordoable way.I already have sony DSC-WX300 camera home but sometimes moments are so fast that phone camera is the quickest to get that, also bit hassle free to share those pics among my family. suggestions please

According to YouTube reviews MotoX plays camera is not something special ,its just OK kind of camera . May be a good one in comparison with sub 25k camera phones . Many review say stuttering is seen some times . any way we can't expect flagship performance from something under 20k .

yeah I am too bit worried about the micro stuttering thingy, I guess its the chipset issue or might need some software update. Camera is ok as per the price range, nothing earth shattering but a much needed upgrad for someone coming from Moto G 1st gen- even Moto G 3rd gen camera is also good enough. I am not looking for a flagship level camera performance, I will better buy a SLR if I have 40k to drop. I am still waiting for igyaan and geekyranjit review for a comparative analysis.

Moto x play , as I have realised now does not have a gyroscope . So no photo sphere and a lot of games won't play as well too . For those who care , even the 3d parallax wallpaper type applications won't work .
I will wait for the moto x style , I guess .

According to YouTube reviews MotoX plays camera is not something special ,its just OK kind of camera . May be a good one in comparison with sub 25k camera phones . Many review say stuttering is seen some times . any way we can't expect flagship performance from something under 20k .

I saw the same too, its a good phone at its price, nothing like flagship killer or something. I hope Motorola has ironed those stuttering kinks before releasing here in India. I am still waiting for in depth reviews from trusted youtuber like igyaan,geekyranjit and mkbhd

ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini has good cam for the phones under 20k, beats my 1+1 cam by a small margin... Only thing missing is OIS...

All these new experimental phones seems shaky as a robust daily runner with good after sales. I have decided to go with Moto G 3rd generation as of now - If I don't like the camera performance- I might go with Moto X Pure or Sony Z1

I am settled with Moto G3 2/16gm ram/rom black one, camera performance way better G1. I am waiting for Moto X Style/Pure edition. I saw the Redmi and Mi4i in Airtel store, the screen,camera and overall feel nice

When it comes to image quality, the Moto X Play's camera should be the best below the 20k price point by far. It uses the same sensor as the one that's on the Style, albeit without the latter's phase detect autofocus and processing. Take a look at these samples and see for yourself - http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/24/9198069/moto-x-play-camera-preview

Almost all the notable reviewers are praising the cameras on the new Motorola phones. The Moto G3 has a pretty decent camera now too, but the Play's is certainly better.

However, it has the same cons as most Android phones - average low light performance and slow shutter. Basically, if you have time to stand still and take a shot of relatively stationary subjects in adequate light, it produces some beautiful images. It's not great for taking pictures of active children but I still think it'll do well for the usage scenarios you mentioned though. Your newborn probably doesn't run around as much as a 4 year old boy :)

I've also been talking to some X Play owners on reddit and I'm getting mixed feedback about performance. Some say it stutters a lot while others say it's perfectly fine. There was this guy who had a very stuttery X Play which he returned for some other unrelated hardware fault. Motorola sent him a new phone which he reported was noticeably smoother. I suspect the initial batch had some optimization issues.

When it comes to image quality, the Moto X Play's camera should be the best below the 20k price point by far. It uses the same sensor as the one that's on the Style, albeit without the latter's phase detect autofocus and processing. Take a look at these samples and see for yourself - http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/24/9198069/moto-x-play-camera-preview

Almost all the notable reviewers are praising the cameras on the new Motorola phones. The Moto G3 has a pretty decent camera now too, but the Play's is certainly better.

However, it has the same cons as most Android phones - average low light performance and slow shutter. Basically, if you have time to stand still and take a shot of relatively stationary subjects in adequate light, it produces some beautiful images. It's not great for taking pictures of active children but I still think it'll do well for the usage scenarios you mentioned though. Your newborn probably doesn't run around as much as a 4 year old boy :)

I've also been talking to some X Play owners on reddit and I'm getting mixed feedback about performance. Some say it stutters a lot while others say it's perfectly fine. There was this guy who had a very stuttery X Play which he returned for some other unrelated hardware fault. Motorola sent him a new phone which he reported was noticeably smoother. I suspect the initial batch had some optimization issues.

...low light is pain in the ass in most android pics, one reason for me to avoid X play, lack of optical image stabilization. I think there is not of difference in terms of general picture of individual in normal lighting for both Moto G3 and X-play. Those pixels will kick on for panoroma and landscape or large group photoes.

I think Snapdragon 615 chipset is kind of in between, it can be an amazing performer at 720 but will always occasionally struggles a bit at 1080 resolution and it will be noticeable for someone who is used to with the flawless performance of moto g series. I really wish to Moto X play to the perfect sweet spot for price and performance but money will be with either low end moto g3 or top of hill moto x pure/style.

...low light is pain in the ass in most android pics, one reason for me to avoid X play, lack of optical image stabilization. I think there is not of difference in terms of general picture of individual in normal lighting for both Moto G3 and X-play. Those pixels will kick on for panoroma and landscape or large group photoes.

I think Snapdragon 615 chipset is kind of in between, it can be an amazing performer at 720 but will always occasionally struggles a bit at 1080 resolution and it will be noticeable for someone who is used to with the flawless performance of moto g series. I really wish to Moto X play to the perfect sweet spot for price and performance but money will be with either low end moto g3 or top of hill moto x pure/style.

You make a good point. The X Play is a bit of a niche device where you must really want a good outdoor camera for scenery and great battery life. However, the Moto G does all that well enough for most people at a cheaper price point and is actually smoother in daily usage thanks to pushing less pixels. I held one 2 nights ago and it felt really good in hand. For a second, I thought my friend handed me an older Moto X.

You make a good point. The X Play is a bit of a niche device where you must really want a good outdoor camera for scenery and great battery life. However, the Moto G does all that well enough for most people at a cheaper price point and is actually smoother in daily usage thanks to pushing less pixels. I held one 2 nights ago and it felt really good in hand. For a second, I thought my friend handed me an older Moto X.
Once moto maker comes to India, it will really change the way people buy phones-your phone will be truly unique cosmetically - imagine the youg girls/tech savvy aunties will do with it :)

I still miss the size of strong feeling of first gen moto with original flip cover - it was perfect for me to hold in my hand and slip into my pocket. however, I like the bigger screen for media consumption. But I will still take up a 4.7 screen device if there is an option

Back