Budget 15-20K "Best" Android phone for under 20k?

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
Can you guys give me some personal recommendations for the best phone under 20k? Regardless of the specs or brand or even what I want.
Please state your reasons for it if possible. I'm thinking of getting one during this Republic Day sale if possible.

I've also read the template and looked into my requirements and couldn't find a phone which I really like so I'll choose only the relevant info from the template (just for formality's sake).

1. Budget?
A: INR 20k max.

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: FHD. Super AMOLED would be great (M51)

3. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G. Don't need 5G.

4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: I like Moto for its stock Android. I used to hate Xiaomi phones for its MIUI interface and bloatwares. And Oppo, Vivo phones etc. I should mention that I don't know how to root phones.

5. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera, video recording and light gaming. I need 60fps for 1080p. Don't need 4k.

6. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual SIM with dedicated MicroSD card slot

7. New or Used?
A: New is preferred. Old is fine if I get a good deal on phones less than 2 years old with good battery life. 2+ years is a big NO. Especially those users who play games a lot and charge a hundred times a day.

8. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup. Nothing less than 5000mah battery if possible. Fewer options I know. Need SD730G chipset minimum.

9. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Samsung M51 has almost everything which I need. What it doesn't have are: 60fps video recording and stabilized video recording. Just these two
Moto Fusion Plus. But it doesn't have a dedicated MicroSD card slot. I want to add 128GB card. Also 5000mah battery. If it had 6000mah battery it would have been an instant pick.
Moto G9 Power. This was my first choice. But the the HD+ screen and lack of dedicated card slot hurt it.
I currently own a Moto G5+.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
3k cheaper, bigger battery, amoled screen, better main camera. OP (OP here stands for original poster and not One Plus) doesnt care about 5G.

CE AnTuTu: 318672 Nord original AnTuTu: 315641 (both numbers taken from gsmarena).

I think its a nice, buy it, put a sim in it, forget it phone. Or there's always the iPhone SE.
The Nord CE is a downgrade from the Nord 5G in every manner. This is what you lose for being 3K cheaper:
  • No Gorilla Glass protection
  • No Optical Image Stabilisation
  • Cost-cutting plastic build
  • Lower specced selfie camera
  • No ultrawide selfie
  • No 4K selfie recording
Not to mention, you don't even get stereo speakers at this price. The only advantages going for the Nord CE is the 10% bigger battery and a headphone jack - which are fairly trivial in the current scenario of dongles.

One Plus is dead. Let's accept it and move on.

It's a shadow of its former self. After what they did to their flagship OP7 series & previous year Nord 5G phones with lacklustre updates and actively tried to sabotage the user experience, I wouldn't even recommend this brand to my dearest enemy!

And this is why this thread has gone 9 pages and counting. What everyone does on TechEnclave these days is find fault's with another person's suggestions, instead of giving their own. How much this forum's standards have fallen since 2012 is just mind-numbing.

How about you come up with an sub-25k phone with clean android, AMOLED display, decent camera, and micro-sd support (which, I just realized neither the Nord 1 nor the CE have). Also half of the things that you mentioned were not even on the OP's list.

Learn to give advice based on OP's requirements, not on your own whims.
  • No Gorilla Glass protection
  • No Optical Image Stabilisation
  • Cost-cutting plastic build
  • Lower specced selfie camera
  • No ultrawide selfie
  • No 4K selfie recording

PS: Who even compared this to the original nord anyway? That device has been discontinued, and is history.

EDIT # 2: The Nord's successor, named Nord 2, is going to launch soon, with a Dimensity 1200.

Last edited:
And this is why this thread has gone 9 pages and counting. What everyone does on TechEnclave these days is find fault's with another person's suggestions, instead of giving their own. How much this forum's standards have fallen since 2012 is just mind-numbing.

How about you come up with an sub-25k phone with clean android, AMOLED display, decent camera, and micro-sd support (which, I just realized neither the Nord 1 nor the CE have). Also half of the things that you mentioned were not even on the OP's list.

Learn to give advice based on OP's requirements, not on your own whims.

PS: Who even compared this to the original nord anyway? That device has been discontinued, and is history.

EDIT # 2: The Nord's successor, named Nord 2, is going to launch soon, with a Dimensity 1200.
Just thought I'd point out that forums as a whole are dying, and not just in India. Probably because social media apps etc are easier to use.

Also te was already dying, at least the political discussions meant a lot more people were participating and enthusiastically at that, even if it wasn't tech and even if political discussions/arguments invariably add up to nothing. Also it's very easy to avoid the general section altogether if it's that repulsive.

Now political topics infiltrating tech threads, let's say as an example, availability or pricing of a tech product is completely messed up because of a govt policy or taxation, the people cribbing about it would be blamed for starting a 'political discussion' right? These days especially, not just in India, extremely polarised politics is touching and affecting every aspect of our lives. You can't expect people not to talk about it, especially on a forum, the perfect tool for ranting and letting off steam.

I for one am really thankful to our founders and mods for being so tolerant of so much shit (yes you too @puns ;) ) compared to say, India's premier forum where elitism and autocracy rules.

There's a lot of grey area in everything and many sides to a story.

About the OnePlus Nord CE OnePlus executives actually thought that people would buy the phone just because it has a headphone jack now HAHA. They are just milking the brand now dude.
Also I don't see how pages of pages of discussion is wrong when the posts are relevant to the subject. :/

Just declare which phone you are choosing and put us out of our misery.

Wont happen.

The OP will keep postponing the decision until even the Samsung M51 (the phone closest to his/her requirement) will be discontinued, and we will see this thread continue for perpetuity, until one day we look back and say "Damn! Good old days, phones used to cost 20K back then. Now you cant even get a decent IEMs for that much".

I think the only thing this thread has proved is how good the Moto G5+ is, since OP obviously doesn't want to change to any other phone and is using this thread purely for their own entertainment now :p
Missed this notification again. Yeah Moto should pay me for it. I could do with some money right now tbh :greedy:
In case anyone wants to offload anything here you go,
The Xiaomi is for temporary use btw.

I think the only thing this thread has proved is how good the Moto G5+ is, since OP obviously doesn't want to change to any other phone and is using this thread purely for their own entertainment now :p
It is a very good phone though. I have two of them in a dozen people household and those two are literally the most hassle free purchases ever! :D

idk why moto have stopped selling moto g 5g that is an absolute cracker of phone , it supports maybe all of the 5g bands is at 21k .Good battery capacity stock android phone is sturdy and once gcam is installed it might even take good pictures

idk why moto have stopped selling moto g 5g that is an absolute cracker of phone , it supports maybe all of the 5g bands is at 21k .Good battery capacity stock android phone is sturdy and once gcam is installed it might even take good pictures
My guess is there were no takers. I am not surprised one bit.

Moto puts such an inferior processor in their phones. At the 21k price I can get an SD 865+ and SD 870 with a 120Hz LCD screen plus more Ram.

Hardly anybody cares about stock android it seems apart from the youtube reviewers (I do care about it a lot though).

My guess is there were no takers. I am not surprised one bit.

Moto puts such an inferior processor in their phones. At the 21k price I can get an SD 865+ and SD 870 with a 120Hz LCD screen plus more Ram.

Hardly anybody cares about stock android it seems apart from the youtube reviewers (I do care about it a lot though).
i think it got sold out twice in flash sales

Back