Best Blood Pressure monitor

Need to buy one for my mom.AFAIK Omron makes the best ones, or atleast is the most popular.But it has tons of models.
Can anyone suggest me a good model to buy?Since it is a medical instrument, would like to hear why that model is reliable too.
And what route?Ebay?Or the prices outside the same?

I've heard from my doctor friend/relative that a digital device is never accurate as the Steth + Sphygmomanometer combination. Also learning to use them is very easy. But unlike digital devices you can't self read.

@mod

well.. I basically want the device so that my parents can atleast get a heads up and confirm with the doc later with his device.A near correct figure is fine.

@straightforward,

where did you buy it from?how much does it cost?

*Raj* said:
Omron HEM-780 is one of the best Blood Pressure Monitor. I have been using it since last 2 years and fully satisfied with results.

HEM-780 | OMRON ®
yes this one is very good , we also have been using since quite long dont remember,

but recently a month back i bought this one from ebay

eBay India: CITIZEN UPPER ARM BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR MODEL CH-432 B (item 150503607393 end time 14-Oct-2010 15:38:05 IST)

gives quite satisfactory results , can be used as a good indicator , very close to manual check up using a stetho

m sure this one wont disappoint u - my personal opinion

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

mod-the-pc said:
I've heard from my doctor friend/relative that a digital device is never accurate as the Steth + Sphygmomanometer combination. Also learning to use them is very easy. But unlike digital devices you can't self read.

yes that is true but a good digital one can give u quite good results
raptor3624 said:
@mod

well.. I basically want the device so that my parents can atleast get a heads up and confirm with the doc later with his device.A near correct figure is fine.

@straightforward,

where did you buy it from?how much does it cost?

that citizen one will be just enough for that

dont buy the wrist monitors , they r very inaccurate, only get an arm monitor

Bought the Omron HEM-7111 from Ebay for close to 1.3K.
Also bought 2 Omron digital thermometers.After 10% coupon, total came upto 1.5K.
Didn't find the exact Omron models that you guys suggested.But anyways...thanks a lot guys

Back