Best Broadband provider in Hyderabad?

For that pricing I can only think beam see the review Beam telecom broadband review - Tech2buzz.com I was using beam but have moved to Reliance 1 Mbps unlimited coz beam connectivity to US servers is bad even with 4 Mbps connection you would just get around 1 - 1.4 Mbps for US server and that too not consistent speed for some server based in the US I was just averaging around .5 Mbps and even the upload speeds were pathetic for the US servers even youtube at 480p would buffer a lot around 50% of the times (Mind you I was in the Rs 1500 plan supposed to be 4 Mbps plan).

funtoon said:
For that pricing I can only think beam see the review Beam telecom broadband review - Tech2buzz.com I was using beam but have moved to Reliance 1 Mbps unlimited coz beam connectivity to US servers is bad even with 4 Mbps connection you would just get around 1 - 1.4 Mbps for US server and that too not consistent speed for some server based in the US I was just averaging around .5 Mbps and even the upload speeds were pathetic for the US servers even youtube at 480p would buffer a lot around 50% of the times (Mind you I was in the Rs 1500 plan supposed to be 4 Mbps plan).

yeah Youtube buffering is bit slow.. but choosing a right Dns server solves the problem. I Have moved with Beam Telecom again. i had planned for other bb connection, but at present Beam Has nice value for money.
1500 bucks for 4mbps= (75Gb Fup+ rest 270Gb @ 1mbps) = Max 345GB (if i download atleast 300Gb Out of the possiblity it would cost Rs 3.5/GB) CHEAP AND BEST!!:hap2:

Got news that bandwidths are going to be upgraded. TRAI Says that there should atleast 512kbps speeds as minimum. when i called these beam guys they say that By end of jan my Package would be Doubled 8mbps or to 6mbps :D at the same price!!

vikkymath said:
yeah Youtube buffering is bit slow.. but choosing a right Dns server solves the problem. I Have moved with Beam Telecom again. i had planned for other bb connection, but at present Beam Has nice value for money.

1500 bucks for 4mbps= (75Gb Fup+ rest 270Gb @ 1mbps) = Max 345GB (if i download atleast 300Gb Out of the possiblity it would cost Rs 3.5/GB) CHEAP AND BEST!!:hap2:

Got news that bandwidths are going to be upgraded. TRAI Says that there should atleast 512kbps speeds as minimum. when i called these beam guys they say that By end of jan my Package would be Doubled 8mbps or to 6mbps :D at the same price!!
Can you post the ideal DNS servers for BEam ? Even i have the same youtube stuttering issue

uefa_007 said:
Can you post the ideal DNS servers for BEam ? Even i have the same youtube stuttering issue
Choose

123.176.37.37 and 123.176.37.38(beam DNS)

or 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4(google dns)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ck1974 said:
For that price I was not able to find any good/reliable 4MBPS connection in Hyd. I am using Airtel 2MBPS.
Airtel anyways good with service.. but plans suck.. they're looting people. For a student Beam is Good, But he should adjust a 2-3 downtime per month.

Airtel or reliance is for the one's who can pay 1200-1500 for a 1mbps Unlimited download connection.

If they offer 4mbps for 1000, they'll have 90% of broadband market in Hyderabad. They could pull the big guns and start going national then.

damn said:
If they offer 4mbps for 1000, they'll have 90% of broadband market in Hyderabad. They could pull the big guns and start going national then.
4mbps Unlimited till say 60Gb! then ???? Fair usage policy it'l Degrade ur speed to 2mbps.(90% they'l keep the same)

I personally think its due to TRAI's 512kbps as minimum speeds and Bandwidths getting cheaper!

Back