Best carrier in India?

S.H.A.D.E

The Paladin
Disciple
Hey guys! I'm currently using Tata Docomo on my phone. Even though they have good plans and everything, I want to move to another carrier mainly because Tata activates plans that are of no use to me without my permission and deduct money from my account. They're internet connectivity is also very very sketchy where I live.
Ill be on prepaid and a 2G plan. I would appreciate a good texting plan or offer and good tariffs and offers!
Thank you!

I have used Airtel, Vodafone, Idea so far. I found Idea and Vodafone best in terms of network and tariff plans :) For call clarity, I would rate Idea 9/10 and Vodafone 7.5/10. Vodafone Network coverage is impressive.

Airtel is the network wise about 50% costlier from competiton . In my circle it is Tier1:Airtel,Vodafone,Idea (All 3g) with higher tariff Tier2: Aircel,Docomo,Reliance CDMA Tier3:Uninor,RelianceGSM,etc (cheapest) . Tier2 provides a balance between network and tariffs. it may differ from circle to circle ..in many circles aircel is tier1 operator . rankings are my personal opinion

@S.H.A.D.E the plan page of vodafone seems to have expired!

Also in Kerala, I guess BSNL is a better option and that the private players are very synonymous to automatically activating VAS, which is not asked for..

See what other users from KL have to say..>!

Last edited by a moderator:
i too was in docomo moved to vodafone corporate plan using MNP ..docomo as*es were rejecting my porting request ..did it twice .. because i was using docomo from 4 yrs.. then i had to move to vodafone postpaid corporate plan where porting is done by bck end by vodafone... gets accpeted easily, docomo sucks no network at all and simply they cut money .. beggars..

If they do that, tell them that you will complain to TRAI saying that they are activating VAS without notification. That should get them to refund the money (worked for me, and no more unwanted caller tone activations :yeah:)

Best carrier in India!
Vs
Best carrier in India?

English 101

Go back under the bridge you came from, troll.

If they do that, tell them that you will complain to TRAI saying that they are activating VAS without notification. That should get them to refund the money (worked for me, and no more unwanted caller tone activations :yeah:)

Yes, that's a good idea. I did give them a call once and I haven't had any problems since. But its the poor coverage and internet issues that make me want to move to another carrier. I've decided to give Vodafone a chance. Thank you people! :D

Go back under the bridge you came from..

Maybe when you ll get the hang of plain and simple English rules, i ll consider having a meaningful convo with you.
Funny thing is, people seem to learn all the nonsensical things like troll etc.. but wont use an ounce of a brain while putting up titles for a thread.

Anybody who looks up that thread will take it as you got some info declaring which carrier is the best in India, which for many can be a useful info. But a visit to the thread ends up in sheer disappointment and wastage of time.

Instead of accepting the folly gracefully, we have all the attitude to go gung ho on our mistakes.

Vodafone has removed the pay per second service automatically and are asking for a recharge of Rs 28 that too for just 90 days. Last time when I activated the pay per second service, I paid for the lifetime service. It seems the life is too short, just 2 years. Now, I want to change my carrier. What do you suggest? I live in Delhi and want 2G sim, no data plans.

Vodafone has removed the pay per second service automatically and are asking for a recharge of Rs 28 that too for just 90 days. Last time when I activated the pay per second service, I paid for the lifetime service. It seems the life is too short, just 2 years. Now, I want to change my carrier. What do you suggest? I live in Delhi and want 2G sim, no data plans.
1p/2s here, differs from circle to circle..

Hello Himanshu,

Please share your contact number with us at http://bit.ly/16Tc5dU and we will have someone get back to you with assistance.

Regards,
Vodafone Customer Care.

Back