PC Peripherals Best CD writer available at the moment?

Trajan

Adept
which is the best CD writer available at the momemt? want to write good no of CDs... approx 1000...

which is writer that is reliable? and approx cost in chennai?

The CD writer is for my bro's college symposium... these guys are going to give freeware utilities cd for all enrolling students...

They are expecting more than 3500 particepants and they are planning to give 2500 cds for first 2500 registrations... he asked me for a cd writer that cud write 2500 cds... i think they wud be very lucky if they are able to write 1000 cds with i writer...

the above exp wud answer both freaky's and bottles questions i guess...

now i have had a very very bad exp with a LG cd reader... any other writers?? any particular models??

@bottle - the writer that they are planning to write is from the symposium funds... so i dont think that they wud want to buy a DVD writer...

Asus sux. I suffered it for long since i m not a heavy cd drive user. But it had high latency factor in both reading and writing. Even i m considering some low end cd writer for backup purpose. Suggest me something as well.

looks like a lot of votes for liteon and Asus but there are some votes against Asus... so will suggest the liteon drive...

and what is the chance that the drive would last enough for 1500 cds?? these guys are planning to write these 2.5k cds in 2 or 3 days...

Trajan said:
looks like a lot of votes for liteon and Asus but there are some votes against Asus... so will suggest the liteon drive...

and what is the chance that the drive would last enough for 1500 cds?? these guys are planning to write these 2.5k cds in 2 or 3 days...

Dude average writing time for a CD at 52X is about 4 minutes( incl handling,etc) . in 3 days the max you could burn on a single writer would be about 1000 cd's.

Back