Budget 0-20k Best cooler for the Intel 12th Gen 12600k CPU

You can anyday replace those stock fans with silent ones. Seriously given the 8k budget AIO is the way to go. Basic cooler is a no brainier anything above 4k. But again your choice.
Benchmarks say a different story.

I don't want to suffer too much noise at non-premium AIO options that exist at 8k. And plus AIO failture is risky, air cooler failure isn't. Anyway, these things aren't stuff that just crap out after a while. Maybe when it is time to upgrade, I can still resell for decent price and get the new one. I'm not too worried as long as it stops overheating without too much noise for now.
I got a quotation from sp road Bangalore for an i5-12600k for 22k. I need to go to the store to be sure. If it is at this price then I don't think there's a better deal for a CPU right now.
That sounds like a legit deal. It's the pre-tax rate of the CPU in the US. So it is very good. Actually sounds too good to be true tbh.

Please share what you end up finding out.

Also find out if you can find mounting kits for these coolers. Because as it stands, there is no way to use this CPU without finding mounting kits for the coolers, which seems to be impossible to find in India, online at least :(
I got a quotation from sp road Bangalore for an i5-12600k for 22k. I need to go to the store to be sure. If it is at this price then I don't think there's a better deal for a CPU right now.
Also something you should keep in mind to check is if they offered the quote for the K or Kf. These are different. Kf is cheaper. Just make sure you get it specifically cleared up.

Last edited:
Benchmarks say a different story.

I don't want to suffer too much noise at non-premium AIO options that exist at 8k. And plus AIO failture is risky, air cooler failure isn't. Anyway, these things aren't stuff that just crap out after a while. Maybe when it is time to upgrade, I can still resell for decent price and get the new one. I'm not too worried as long as it stops overheating without too much noise for now.

That sounds like a legit deal. It's the pre-tax rate of the CPU in the US. So it is very good. Actually sounds too good to be true tbh.

Please share what you end up finding out.

Also find out if you can find mounting kits for these coolers. Because as it stands, there is no way to use this CPU without finding mounting kits for the coolers, which seems to be impossible to find in India, online at least :(

Also something you should keep in mind to check is if they offered the quote for the K or Kf. These are different. Kf is cheaper. Just make sure you get it specifically cleared up.

Look for newly released coolers, most of the manufacturers already have the mounting specs before the processors official release. You can also try talking with local retailers as they have link to distributors who may have the upgrade kits available or might have them in the future

Will be the price without gst.

I'm pairing my 12700K with the same Asus tuf Mobo and an arctic 360mm aio.
Just called one of the leading stores in Chennai (Oasis India, Mount Road, Chennai) and asked their rates. They don't have the 12600k in stock. They said it should be in by end of the month. But have the 12700k and 12900k. Their respective prices for them including GST being Rs.35,600 and Rs.56,500.

Just called one of the leading stores in Chennai (Oasis India, Mount Road, Chennai) and asked their rates. They don't have the 12600k in stock. They said it should be in by end of the month. But have the 12700k and 12900k. Their respective prices for them including GST being Rs.35,600 and Rs.56,500.
I paid around the same for my 12700K. I would say buy that if you have the money. The two extra P cores and higher clocks are totally worth it for just a bit extra.

That's the kind of stuff I kept telling myself as I pulled myself up from a "budget build" to where i am now. So, thanks, but no thanks lol
If the 12700k costs less than 5k more than 12600k and if your workload can make use of the two extra cores, get it. If it is a simple workload, use that 5k for ram of bigger ssd

If the 12700k costs less than 5k more than 12600k and if your workload can make use of the two extra cores, get it. If it is a simple workload, use that 5k for ram of bigger ssd
It's more than 10k.

I got the 12600k from amazon.com in the US via a friend. The 12700k is close to 10k more expensive. I don't believe I actually have the need for anything more than what the 12600k can do anyway.

You're right. I called again and he said it'd cost me 27k incl taxes.
So i had already bought the i5 12600k for myself in the US. My friend is bringing it in early February.

I just found that the i7 12700k just went on sale in the US. So i kinda jumped on it and bought it for myself haha. So now i have a spare brand new 12600k that i can sell. In Feb. Just mentioning it here in case anyone wants to call dibs.

I haven't decided on the price yet. I might sell for a little bit of profit but cheaper than the market price here. There's not too much difference so i might not even put a margin on it, let's see.
Will be the price without gst.

I'm pairing my 12700K with the same Asus tuf Mobo and an arctic 360mm aio.
Where are you based and what kind of cooling solution are you going for? And case?

Do you have your entire build? When do you plan to finish it?

Btw now that i have got myself the 12700k, we have identical setup. So i could use some tips you may have for the setup. Can you please share your whole config? And the price estimates too?

Last edited:
So i had already bought the i5 12600k for myself in the US. My friend is bringing it in early February.

I just found that the i7 12700k just went on sale in the US. So i kinda jumped on it and bought it for myself haha. So now i have a spare brand new 12600k that i can sell. In Feb. Just mentioning it here in case anyone wants to call dibs.

I haven't decided on the price yet. I might sell for a little bit of profit but cheaper than the market price here. There's not too much difference so i might not even put a margin on it, let's see.

Where are you based and what kind of cooling solution are you going for? And case?

Do you have your entire build? When do you plan to finish it?

Btw now that i have got myself the 12700k, we have identical setup. So i could use some tips you may have for the setup. Can you please share your whole config? And the price estimates too?

I am based in Bangalore. The cooling is Arctic freezer II 360 aio. Case is a fractal define r6 that I am reusing from my previous build. Remaining parts are a 3070, 32 gigs of crucial Ballistix 3600, a samsung 980 pro, an antec hcgx 1000 psu and a 10gig ethernet card.

All parts are here as I am reusing them from my previous build with a 9700k and z390 master Mobo. Only CPU, board and SSD are new. I plan to assemble them tomorrow or day after.

I am based in Bangalore. The cooling is Arctic freezer II 360 aio. Case is a fractal define r6 that I am reusing from my previous build. Remaining parts are a 3070, 32 gigs of crucial Ballistix 3600, a samsung 980 pro, an antec hcgx 1000 psu and a 10gig ethernet card.

All parts are here as I am reusing them from my previous build with a 9700k and z390 master Mobo. Only CPU, board and SSD are new. I plan to assemble them tomorrow or day after.
Whats your Mobo? You said Asus TUF, but which model? How much?

How much was the aio?

Also the 1000 PSU, how much was that?

Please share like a showcase post when you are done with the build :)

Whats your Mobo? You said Asus TUF, but which model? How much?

How much was the aio?

Also the 1000 PSU, how much was that?

Please share like a showcase post when you are done with the build :)
AIO is around 10k. Board is a z690 tuf plus wifi which I paid 23.5k for. PSU is over a year old. Was around 10k then. Not sure of prices now.

Btw just found this thing - https://www.tomshardware.com/news/easy-mod-reduces-alder-lake-cpu-temperatures-5-degrees-celsius

You should give it a try for your build. Obviously it has to be done before installing the cooler.

Check it out.
Saw a few comments on reddit that the washer mod gave people memory errors. Maybe due to cpu not making proper contact with the pins on motherboard. Some also suggested getting nylon washer as metal ones could scratch the pcb coating and cause shorts

Last edited:
I settled on the Deepcool Assassin 3. Thanks.
Btw, I have decided to not go ahead with my build.

I'm selling the parts that I have got for now. They're cheaper than market price - https://techenclave.com/threads/int...mhz-ram-brand-new-sealed.203562/#post-2335045

If anyone is interested, please DM me.
I'll be needing a Cooler soon and was going through this thread in the hopes of finding a definite answer, so can you elaborate on why you chose Assassin 3 over the competition (and is it really worth spending more than the cheaper alternative like AK620 or ones from Noctua). Also, are you looking to sell your cooler?

I'll be needing a Cooler soon and was going through this thread in the hopes of finding a definite answer, so can you elaborate on why you chose Assassin 3 over the competition (and is it really worth spending more than the cheaper alternative like AK620 or ones from Noctua). Also, are you looking to sell your cooler?
I just saw the performance and reviews and went with it. I have linked some benchmarks that should help give to some ideas.

Btw are you looking to use it with the latest 12th gen Intel CPU? If yes you'll need a mounting kit. And i arranged for it from the US. And I'm not using it because i deferred my build for later. So if you want i can sell it to you. As for the cooler itself i don't have it. I think you can get it on Amazon.

Back