CPU/Mobo Best CPU and graphics card for my friend

Saiyan

The L33t Admeen
Skilled
Hi guyz

A friend of my uncle in singapore need the best possible processor+motherboard+ram+Graphics card SLI combo available, dont want overlclock it seems. Money no bar for him :mad: . He is getting it for his son-in-law.

So guyz give the good config for him, other things he will take care, he already have the Antec p180 and antec's TP 550Watts( dont know whether its V2.0, he bought only 5 days back).

How about the AMD -fx 57 , but what motherboard for that??

Money no bar eh.

Then this will get good system.

FX-57

Crucial Ballistix 2Gb or OCZ EL PC4000 2GB (1GB x2 )

Asus A8N SLI Premium Motherboard. No point in getting DFI is ge is not looking for ocing and this is way more stable and easy to setup for even noob.

Sony/Dell/viewsonic 20"/19" Widescreen LCD

Geforce 7800GT x 2 SLI. At the moment 7800GTX SLI is not needed seriously even single 7800GTX will do.

As far as PSU go then TP2 550 will do just fine.

how about those motherboard in MSI? They have lots of features right. Also i forgot, he will be needing a good Soundcard and superb speaker to support the config. He is going to buy it in 2 or 3 days.

Also will crucial Ballistix available in singapore?

Also why not 7800GTX SLI he told money no bar and want the best. Which brand for gfx card.

well i am not telling 7800GTX as its too much horsepower even if money is no bar. if you have money then blow it but in a way that will give ya some results. 7800GT sli will be bottlenecked by any CPU at the moment.

MSI is also good choice. But it has issues with 7800GT/GTX SLI cards as they dont fit properly on that motherboard due to capacitor issue.

As for the sound card. If he is gamer then X-Fi gamer + Logitech Z5500 will be perfect match.

I dont know if crucial will be available in singapore. I was unable to find it on my visit there. but i heard some shops now have them. Thats why i gave the 2nd option which i know is available in SG.

Get him the ASUS Premium(Hell ASUS 32 bit is also out i beleive) for speakers go in for Logitech Z5500 and for sound card XG will do...

Abt the cards if money no matter he can also go in for 7800GTX SLI... By ASUS ofcourse...

Hmm, get a FX-57.

Put it on a A8N-Sli Premium and add a 7800GTX (XFX or BFG) and add another if it fits in the budget ;)

What about the Gainward CoolFX series? That would be the fastest I suppose.
Wow, lucky chap....awesome father-in-law that guy has!!! Instead of buying jewellery for his daughter, hes buying toys for his son-in-law!

Just recieved a call from him he said he bought Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 3000 Laser, Logitech Z-640, a altec lansing headset, Sony 19" LCD(dont know the model) and sony ecrison w800. He told me to send the e-mail with the models of the products like processor, etc.. He is in hurry and i m going to give him this config, he has confirmed that he has the TP-II 550 watts, BTW will this be enough for two 7800GTX?????

AMD Athlon FX-57

A8N-SLI Premium

XFX GeForce 7800 GTX Overclocked 256MB DDR3 DUAL DVI VIVO PCI-E*2(He is insisting on 7800GTX)

OCZ EL PC4000 2GB (1GB x2 )

Is all these perfect, will be sending the mail to him tommorrow morning (21-10-05) @ 4am IST.

Better get him the X2 4800+ rather than the FX57 as he is not going to overclock. Will work well in normal applications and multitask well too. Gaming performance will be slightly lower though. Just my 2 cents.

Also i doubt he will need that kind of RAM since he is not overclocking. Sticks like this that will do tight timings of 2-3-2-5 (currently the best timings for a 1GB stick) at stock speeds of DDR400 will be better.

OCZ Titanium 1GB
Patriot 1GB Model PEP1G3200LL (slightly better as it does so at 2.5V)

Raghunandan.

I was gonna suggest a PC Power&Cooling 850W for that but i guess since he has already bought.....

What kind of HDD's does he have? Some WD Raptors - 4x74GB in RAID 0+1 would be real good for the OS and he can get those giant 500GB Hitachi drives for some storage.

Raghunandan.

Thats what i am thinking of for the TP -II 550W, can anyone tell any other good PSU to support all that, he can change the PSU if he wants to.

He is going to buy everything today.

Edit: He told me he have a 500GB SATA 2 he dint know which brand it is, his dealer just got him saying this is highest capacity hard Disc available. Also i told him to add a 74 GB WD Raptor(in which i told him to install the OS), he bought a Windows XP Professional also.

I dont know how much profit the dealer is gonna make of him.

saiyan said:
Thats what i am thinking of for the TP -II 550W, can anyone tell any other good PSU to support all that, he can change the PSU if he wants to.

He is going to buy everything today.

Edit: He told me he have a 500GB SATA 2 he dint know which brand it is, his dealer just got him saying this is highest capacity hard Disc available. Also i told him to add a 74 GB WD Raptor(in which i told him to install the OS), he bought a Windows XP Professional also.

I dont know how much profit the dealer is gonna make of him.

well you do get like a 850 W PCP&C PSU...best there is...but comes at a premium price ...i think about 400 US$

check out www.frozencpu.com i think they have it

Wow ! Whats he spending like 1.5 Lakh plus :O

Well a TP2 550W will definately be enough and they are SLI recommended for the 7800GTX, so don't worry about that...

Which case BTW, get atleast a P180 or a Stacker

Decadent_Spectre said:
well you do get like a 850 W PCP&C PSU...best there is...but comes at a premium price ...i think about 400 US$

check out www.frozencpu.com i think they have it

18000inr!!!!!!!

He already bought a P180 2 days before. So is Tp-II 550 enough???

little too late.... He told he bought the gfx card and SLI premium and he called me now, he will be getting his processor fx-57, WD Raptor 74GB and OCZ EL PC4000 2GB tommorrow. The xfx card was easily available there it seems.

I would vote for a x2 4800+ instead of a fx-57. Marginally slower in games right now but it should change as and when games start getting dual core friendly.

Back