CPU/Mobo Best CPU and graphics card for my friend

Blade_Runner said:
I would vote for a x2 4800+ instead of a fx-57. Marginally slower in games right now but it should change as and when games start getting dual core friendly.
yes dual core will be better :cool2:

He ordered the fx-57 anyway. I do like dual core, but he wanted the fastest to give to his son in law and when i told about dual core, he said no need for now, will buy when it has become mainstream. Dint want to force him more than that. Actually i am doing all these without my dads knowledge;) . my and that guy has diif. in opinion:mad: , had to do this for my uncle. Or else i would have ordered many things from singapore :mad: with the help him for my computer.

TP2 550 will handle that system with ease.

These monster PSUs are needed when you plan to oc this rig to its limit using some really exotic cooling.

For this system even with 3-4 HDDs and 2-3 optical drives it will handle the system with ease.

hey buddy any ideas on wut the cost is for the 7800gtx in singapore and/or the 7800gt out there,i might have some1 going soo prices would be nice

the 6600gt is only 4k there :(

Raghunandan said:
Better get him the X2 4800+ rather than the FX57 as he is not going to overclock. Will work well in normal applications and multitask well too. Gaming performance will be slightly lower though. Just my 2 cents.

Also i doubt he will need that kind of RAM since he is not overclocking. Sticks like this that will do tight timings of 2-3-2-5 (currently the best timings for a 1GB stick) at stock speeds of DDR400 will be better.

OCZ Titanium 1GB
Patriot 1GB Model PEP1G3200LL (slightly better as it does so at 2.5V)

Raghunandan.

Currently there is only one memory in the world that does 2-2-2-5 and is 1GB... that is crucial ballistix. Right now whether you want tight timings or extreme speeds, there is no real choice other than ballistix. Its the best bar none! I agree with your other point though... its a lot more sensible to get an X2 4800+ than an FX-57 which is a total waste of money.

Well i got the E-mail from my uncle's friend

here is what he got, he haven't mentioned the prices

AMD-Fx-57

A8N-SLI Premium

XFX GeForce 7800 GTX 256MB DDR3 DUAL DVI VIVO PCI-E*2

OCZ EL PC4000 2GB

WD Raptor 74GB

WD 500GB SATA-2

Antec P180 & TP-II 550W

Viewsonic 21" LCD( he first bought 19" sony LCD then changed to this one)

Sony-DRU-810A & a Sony DVD ROM drive

Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 3000 Laser,

Logitech Z-640,

Windows Xp Professional with SP2

Microsoft Office 2003(he told its a standard edition)

Sony w800:huh:

He told he assembled it yesterday overnight by his dealer and gonna deliver it to his son-in-law.

I hope his son-in-law knows what kind of monster he is gonna deal with:p .

Eh everything seems fine with that config other than the speakers. Logitech Z-640 :S. I don't think its even made these day.

But that guy told he bought that one... I dont know, if i ask him deep about the config he says "dont ask me too much i dont know. i have given you what the delear has given me"

Back