Best Credit Card for first time user

got a hdfc bharat cashback card dispatched in 6 days flat with a zero fee offer! Never knew standard chartered had such a pathetic customer service.

When you apply online, it shows charges for card right? Do you bargain for a lifetime free card when they call you?
yeah u can n they give it, if u have a hdfc account u can anyway get a lifetime free one without need of any bargain. even some of the non free ones have fee waiver on spends of 10-20k/year which can be easily achieved in a few months itself.

Got call from mumbai no for Citibank cr card. The woman was so illiterate she didn't even knew basic spellings, when she repeated what I told her..she wrote...."globoll, sorsing, gataway, internate"... More to that she was asking in which state pune comes under....

SC just increased the credit card interest rates to 40.15% per annum
THE NEW RETAIL INTEREST RATE APPLICABLE ON YOUR CREDIT CARD
FROM THE NEXT BILLING CYCLE IS 3.30% P.M. (APR OF 40.15%)
wtf? This bank is so greedy for money.

Don't get Standard Chartered Bank card. Their customer service and site experience has gone down a lot.

Just had a very bad experience with the bank. Old card is expiring. Got new card in mail. Pamphlet tells me to login to online banking and generate my own cc pin to save paper on post. Okay.

Card printout says login to online banking and gives link to change credit card pin. Only problem is there is no such link. wtf?

Don't these guys even check their website if there is such a link? I know credit cards are sent in bulk and everything is printed in bulk and they don't check anything and everything's sent from a template, but even then there are people and managers who are in charge of this and who should check such stuff.

Second choice was to call phone banking. So I called that and after going to all the trouble of typing in 16 digits it plays me elevator music and tells me my card is blocked. wow. thats a new one. Bank sending me pre blocked credit card though Bluedart. It told me to unblock i need to put in my dob and cc expiry in a certain format and when i did it said i typed wrong and shut off.
What the hell? At least give me another chance you stupid software. stupid bank. I have no idea if both old and new cards are blocked now because both have same number on them. I'll just close this bank account. What a time waste it is. And funnily, the pamphlet that came with the card said - generate your pin in seconds. what false advertising.

If you're on lookout for a cc, don't even think of SCB card. It was good first, not anymore.

I have saved nearly Rs 2500 from my Hdfc bank on fuel spends in 1.5 years as i get 5% cashback on all fuel spends, also saved around 300 pus rupees in postpaid bill cashback. Well worth the decision to get it. plus no annual fee. Best card i guess for my and similar usage person.

Citibank has drastically reduced the tie ups and offers on their cards. Apart from Apple promotions and a few odd participations in sales on Flipkart or Amazon (mostly in conjunction with a particular brand push) they have really gone down on their push. While they do keep pushing some five dining deals most of them aren't so attractive.

In fact SBI cards are really active these days. Huge offers all the time on various stuff from travel to dining to regular participations on both Amazon and Flipkart. Not just that, their brand tie ups are also great offline! I saved a neat 5k on my Samsung 680L fridge I picked up last year from Kohinoor in Mumbai.. it was just absolutely dead simple to avail of and everything was recorded in the statements with no issues at all. I've been really happy with them. The icing on the cake? Refund of the fuel surcharge on petrol bills. An excellent all round card

Anyone using RBL?
how is the cc and the offers?
they are offering lifetime free.
Yes now a days receiving lots of calls from them but they are not direct rbl executives even if they claim. These calls are via 3rd party agencies by girls or aunties. Ask them for their official rbl email ids and they will give you gmail or rediff ones like rbl1@gmail.com or rbl.bank@gmail etc. They will also give some male persons whatsapp no. with some frightening dps to forward your documents there which I found to be totally insure.

And also the card they are offering is titanium delight card which is crap. You get free movie offer only for Wednesday and other offers arent that good too unlike other rbl cards.

The only plus point is rbl offer you is double credit limit than your other banks card. Anyways whats the use of getting 5 lac credit limit when someone cant risk booking a nano or alto on that limit and repay lacs within 45 days??

Furthermore funny, to keep the card lifetime free you have to swipe it at least once a yr for min 100bucks... joke!:p

Better rush to rbl bank and inquire and get it. These 3rd party agencies will ask you to whatsapp aadhar, pan, residence address etc which is insecure and might get misused.

And also they will lure you with offers which literally doesn't exist for that card or in fact anywhere in this world such as this one.."sir even if you fill petrol of Rs 50 you will get 10% instant cash back" i was like wtf? :eek:
Then,"sir in all major malls and shopping sites you will get guaranteed 10-15% discount on your final bill".
"Sir if you eat pizza or dine you are entitled for flat 10% discount on final bill":confused:

If these unreal offers are true then everyone will opt for rbl and dump all their premium annual fee cards.;)

Last edited:
By my opinion, the best credit card is the one with the lowest interest and other expenses. I generally use them for payments over internet, because many websites don’t deal with debit cards. Otherwise, I have no intention to pay such a high interest

By my opinion, the best credit card is the one with the lowest interest and other expenses. I generally use them for payments over internet, because many websites don’t deal with debit cards. Otherwise, I have no intention to pay such a high interest

Best CC's are the ones with the highest Fee tbh. If you spend alot, you save alot. I have one with SBI CC(Elite) and Amex and what I pay them, compared to how much I save with these cards + their points are yummy! every point is 1/4th of rupee. I always get cash credit and that's 4x compared to their fee which I don't pay anyways as I spend that much as bank requires to reverse the fee. Most spends are not mine anyways on the card, it's my dad's for business and I let him as it increases my spends total.

Dont go with ICICI OR Kotak (even as last resort) heard lot of negative stories once you get delayed, saw how they harrased one of negihbours way to Badly
(even the elder parents in case of 2 months delay, when he was laid off).

I vote for Citi and Indusind instead.

Back