Best custom 4.4.4 ROM for Redmi 1S

How's the loudspeaker sound quality on Mokee compared with CM11 ?
Even at 40%, I found it pretty loud both incall and loudspeaker.
PS: I am using Mokee by sychost. Didnt try the same from thewisenerd.
I had stopped using CM11 after random boots, foreclosing camera and other buhs untill I tried Mokee.[DOUBLEPOST=1416650041][/DOUBLEPOST]Has anyone of you faced issue regarding waking up phone after pressing the power button on custom rom? My device refuses to wake up at times even after pressing power key 3-4 times. Don't want to go to stock just because of this. @eternoMind @karankapoor @nishthecooldude

Last edited:
Anyone else finding the camera quality on Mokee Rom really bad ? I'm seeing red, green & blue dots when i zoom.[DOUBLEPOST=1416755686][/DOUBLEPOST]Now that the phone is rooted, what all can I install and customize? I definitely want an adblocker and ability to download youtube videos. Anythign else?

Last edited:
Anyone else finding the camera quality on Mokee Rom really bad ? I'm seeing red, green & blue dots when i zoom.[DOUBLEPOST=1416755686][/DOUBLEPOST]Now that the phone is rooted, what all can I install and customize? I definitely want an adblocker and ability to download youtube videos. Anythign else?
For adblocker you can use Adblock plus and for downloading youtube videos use YTD from XDA forums, both of these apps are not available on playstore, you will have to search on Google and download the apk files.

No, no problem with the camera as you mentioned.

Well, was there same issue using stock Miui. Try flashing some other ROM like CM12 or crdroid, if still same there there could be issue with device.

So what ROM you guys using on your phone these days. I'm getting weary of the bugs on Mokee now (wake from sleep issues, not good call clarity, a general stuttering every now and then, and some more issues).

Sometimes think it would have been better to just go with Moto G 2nd generation and its stock and, more importantly, stable Android.

Now kernel sources are out cm should be great . Having a moto g first gen and redmi 1 s .. The latter seems good for its price . Stock moto g software is bug free compared to miui of 1s .

So what ROM you guys using on your phone these days. I'm getting weary of the bugs on Mokee now (wake from sleep issues, not good call clarity, a general stuttering every now and then, and some more issues).

Sometimes think it would have been better to just go with Moto G 2nd generation and its stock and, more importantly, stable Android.
You need to uncheck "Prevent accidental wakeup" in Display and lights to rid wake from sleep issues. Besides, Cm11 R15 is available with kernel sources and many are suggesting it has got rid of the many issues plaguing Redmi 1s.
You still need to give time since its been only a few days since kernel sources were announced. Eagerly awaiting for CM12 :D

I'm not facing any of those :O
Have you updated via ota to the latest? Why dont you format again, the whole phone. Or wait a few days till new roms with new kernel sources come up?

Hi guys, I'm still on the stock (ver {edit} 45) rom. I'd like to get rid of the heating & have heard that custom roms do address that. However, I love the audio enhancements from the stock rom & wish to continue using the same. In fact, I'm generally pretty happy with miui. So is there any way I can achieve both? Maybe flash only a kernel, or tweak thermal settings in some way? Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm still on the stock (ver 43) rom. I'd like to get rid of the heating & have heard that custom roms do address that. However, I love the audio enhancements from the stock rom & wish to continue using the same. In fact, I'm generally pretty happy with miui. So is there any way I can achieve both? Maybe flash only a kernel, or tweak thermal settings in some way? Thanks.

why dont you get the v45 rom?

Any idea about whether they resolve the heating? & will they keep the audio enhancements intact? Any particular recommendations? Thanks.

My bad.......I'm actually on v45.
Find one with a custom kernel and where you can set the processor speed. Limit the speed to 1100 and it wont get warm. I see no reason why they will have any effect on audio. You can check by the feature list. If they change something, they mention it.

Suggestion, well get the most popular one :p You'l find them on miui forums. If it doesnt work out, flash the India rom again.

Back