Audio Best desktop speakers @ Rs 5000-6000

My 2 year old Altec Lancing Vs4121 gave up on me and so now i am looking for new set of speakers . There are many threads created for this issue but i couldnt get a proper answer .
First of all i should feel an upgrade over my Vs4121 . My priority is music > movies > gaming .
At this price point on searching on net i found Logitech Z4 and Edifier c2 . I have no first hand experience regarding Z4 and regarding C2 will it be a step up from my previous vs4121 since few years back the c2 were selling for as cheap as 2.5k , one of my friend got them for just 2.7k . Also C2 total RMS is just 30w comparing to vs4121 31w if i am not mistaken .
My budget is mostly around 5000 but if it makes a significant difference then i can add another 1-1.5k max . Getting the speakers by this week itself so Please suggest guys !

Edifier C2 is the best choice under 5k eyes closed and try looking at the new upgraded model C2 plus it has better output wattage and try to get cheapo sound card as well as like Xonar DG it can improve the bass a lot .

ganesh does your dealer ship to mumbai ? How is the sound quality of c2+ . can you campare it with some other speakers just so that i can get some idea . BTW i can increase my budget to upto 7k max !

Got a demo of C2 at reliance digital today . Not that much difference between my old vs4121 and c2 . C2 has good treble but the bass of vs4121 is better . For 4.5k c2 is not justified considering i had purchased vs4121 for just Rs2650 .
Got some options from my dealer , logitech z523 @Rs 5000 , Sony d8 Rs 4000 , corsair SP2200 for Rs 4850 and Z623 Rs8550 . For music i am not impressed with either of them except z623 but that is over my budget , i guess i will have to up my budget . Primeabgb mentions Z623 for Rs7900 , is it including taxes also can anyone find a better deal for Z623 elsewhere ?
Also found out that my vs4121 are still working , it was the problem of a broken wire , anyway i have decided to upgrade and will sell the vs4121 after purchasing new speakers .

Ordered Z623 today
icon_smile.gif
Primeabgb had mentioned it for lowest @Rs7900 but when i phoned them they said it wasnt available in stock . So asked my local dealer to get them for Rs8400 ! My initial budget was 5k which sadly i had to increase by another 3.5k , but no regrets , i will recieve the speakers by evening .

Show some pics of speaker itself.
Sure but i am yet to connect the speakers to the pc since i have to make some space for the woofer , i am getting a new pc table in 2-3 days and then will post some better pics , until then here is one more snap of the 200rms raw power !.

im looking for a 2.1 system too but will be using a MacBook Air and Sansa Clip for playback.do I need an amp for those?

Back