Best Digi Cam for ........?

But u must know that the warranty provided by sify is a dealer warranty, not mfd's warranty. The dealer is mostly from chennai. Same case mine as well as Rahul's S3 IS, we bought it from sifymall.

but nothing can beat that price :D

But the warranty issue ??? Everything comes for a price. The warranty is a serious compromise. :hap5:
The S3Is is a very good cam. Better to buy from any reputed dealer.

got a canon S3 IS last saturday for 19.5 k(as i had to go out for a picnic on sunday). Included the following

Camera
16 mb card
4 gb card- sandisk
4 batteries which are use less
4 uniross rechargeable baterries with charges(2100 ma)
sandisk cardreader
and all the requried cables

and the best of all.

canon warranty for 2 years.

There was no problem learning how to use it. especially since this is my first digicam. its a great cam. the best in its segment

i would like to thank all the tech enclave guys as my decisiion was influenced by the posts u guys make.

thanks

(GO FOR CANON S3 IS Eyes Closed)

you can get an A540 for 14k, I own one and got it from TE recommendation.

It has got everything of S3IS except it's 4x instead of 12x, but it's just 180gms:hap2: instead of 410gms.

Zoom as well as size both metters a lot, so finally it's upto you:eek:hyeah:

rahulkamath79 said:
got a canon S3 IS last saturday for 19.5 k(as i had to go out for a picnic on sunday). Included the following

Camera
16 mb card
4 gb card- sandisk
4 batteries which are use less
4 uniross rechargeable baterries with charges(2100 ma)
sandisk cardreader
and all the requried cables

and the best of all.

canon warranty for 2 years.

There was no problem learning how to use it. especially since this is my first digicam. its a great cam. the best in its segment

i would like to thank all the tech enclave guys as my decisiion was influenced by the posts u guys make.

thanks

(GO FOR CANON S3 IS Eyes Closed)

My friend bought an S3 IS today for 16.5K from Pune Central.

He got a 2 gig Toshiba card, 4 Uniross Batteries (2100 mAh), Charger, Pouch and a 2 year Canon Warranty.

Pretty decent price, I say!

Mac said:

It has got everything of S3IS except it's 4x instead of 12x, but it's just 180gms:hap2: instead of 410gms.

570IS better compared to the 540. Its got DIGIC III AND IS to :D
wiseorotherwise said:
My friend bought an S3 IS today for 16.5K from Pune Central.

He got a 2 gig Toshiba card, 4 Uniross Batteries (2100 mAh), Charger, Pouch and a 2 year Canon Warranty.

Pretty decent price, I say!

Hey............u sure about that pricing dude?Cos a friend of mine is lookin for it and that price sounds just amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you guys say about the Sony DSC H7 and H9?

A friend of mine who owns an S3IS bought the H7 recently and loves it. He recommended the H7 over the S3IS saying that it is much easier to use and it's response is much faster. I got to use it for a bit and loved it too. Too bad he left the S3IS in Mumbai, or I could have checked it out side by side.

Would love your inputs on this as I am perplexed on what to buy. Stuck between the Canon S3 IS, Sony H7 and H9.

the Canon cameras use AA cells right? Even i was planning on buying a Canon but need to know whether the A710 IS or the S3 IS come with Lithium ion batteries

the Canon cameras use AA cells right?

Not always. But the cameras which use them are better in the sense that you can always get hold of some from the common market, if you run out of batteries, and do not have a source of charging the cells while travelling.

Mac said:

:O ....... U sure ?? :bleh:

Back