Video Best DTH Provider for HD Channels

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
I'm terminating my existing shitty cable based DTH connection which I have right now. So planning to move onto a good DTH provider by the end of the month.

This would only be viewed by my parents. The 2 closest choices I have are Tata Sky and Videocon. I went through all of Videocon's packages and thought their Platinum HD pack was quite good, pricey, but good. My main query is the reliability of their set-top boxes and the clarity of the HD channels? Can existing users comment?

Alternatively, I went through TATA Sky's packages too and was absolutely confused as to what they offered. It has a base pack column and then followed up with add-ons and shit.

So between the two, who has the best quality (and quantity) of HD channels? What packs are the best?

Do your parents watch all channels? Best option would be to get only those channels that they watch. TataSky keeps increasing base price every few months so I don't feel like recommending them. Quality of channels is good, CC is good. But prices are over the roof.
HD access is such that you only get to see what you have subscribed in base pack.

Used videocon d2h. Pretty good quality, amazing pricing and most HD channels.

Thanks! May I know how do you rate the video quality of the HD channels? Any abnormalities you have noticed, particularly in the Indian channels feeds?

Do your parents watch all channels? Best option would be to get only those channels that they watch. TataSky keeps increasing base price every few months so I don't feel like recommending them. Quality of channels is good, CC is good. But prices are over the roof.
HD access is such that you only get to see what you have subscribed in base pack.

They usually watch a common list of channels. Videocon's highest pack seems to have everything, so I figured, f*ck it and may be get that one. TATA Sky's 'HD Access fee' policy is a retarded joke. Why would one pay over and above the normal pay package (which includes HD channels) to get access for HD content?

Back