Best fantasy games and action games with stories ?

pom99

Disciple
I really love to play games with an immersing storyline and hear Dragon Age Origins is one such game.What are the other games over the years that have a nice story line and magic and mystery set in medieval or ancient times ?

In action games, I like Max Payne and Far cry. Probably because of their dark lead characters. What are the other games in this genre with some story lines and dark characters? :)
Suggestions eagerly awaited.
Thanks. :)

Trine - Is a good game in terms of Story and Visuals. It is not a RPG though but a platformer.

Diablo II - One of the best RPG games out there. I don't know if you can still play it or not, as the graphics are old. Here is a tip if you decide to play this game - Don't play as the Barbarian but play as the Necromancer.
Play 'Condemned' - One of the darkest games in terms of Characters, Story and Environments. Don't play it if you are a trigger happy player.

Mafia - A great game in terms of story and gameplay. A pretty difficult game, hang around till the end and you get a stunner of an ending.

Well start with the Warcraft III Saga.It is incomparable to any other, a kick ass story line with memorable characters. No wonder WoW is such a big hit.

You might have played KOTOR already since you seem to be a bioware fan.

For Dark story line try out Sanitarum , its really abandonware but trust me the end will blow you away.If you have a console Silent Hill series will really keep you happy.I believe there are emulators available as well.

For Action packed FPS dont miss out on HL2,Crysis,COD4,etc

Cool. Thanks to all. Just got my new rig yesterday with a ATI HD 4850 GPU. :) Will start downloading these. Can't wait to download and play dragon age. :)

pom99 said:
Cool. Thanks to all. Just got my new rig yesterday with a ATI HD 4850 GPU. :) Will start downloading these. Can't wait to download and play dragon age. :)

wtf man!:mad:.If you call yourself a true gamer,buy them and show your support to the developers.:no:

I forgot to tell you ..that I am a pirate in the true sense of the word. " Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.." too bad we have to make do with this kind of piracy now. Otherwise I would have been sailing the seven seas now. :) Though I do buy the titles that are inexpensive sometimes.

If you don't mind playing old games, you can consider planescape and baldhur's gate.beautifully written.more like playing a novel if you ask me.warcraft 3 and dragon age have good story lines as well.but medium of story telling differs.warcraft 3 tell its story through cinematics where as older rpgs relies heavily on writin.you would spent half of the time reading the game:)

Will start downloading these.

if u hav money to buy a costly setup(above 35k), then please spare money(less than 1k) on buying games.....

it's a shame nn i feel very bad when ppl say, "OMG I hav 2 download this game!"

if u dun wanna buy from indian market and u are so keen on downloading, i'm sure u've heard of credit cards and STEAM..

comp@ddict said:
if u hav money to buy a costly setup(above 35k), then please spare money(less than 1k) on buying games.....

it's a shame nn i feel very bad when ppl say, "OMG I hav 2 download this game!"

if u dun wanna buy from indian market and u are so keen on downloading, i'm sure u've heard of credit cards and STEAM..

Lets not argue on that. I know I am gonna be flamed for this post

A rig is kinda 1 time investment for most. That means it lasts for years.

A game whereas is for hours only. Once played, its value is reduced to nothing. Not all games have a replaying value.

So yes, but cheap games but avoid buying costly games. Download if you can, else wait till steam starts such crazy sales :p :rofl:

Back