Budget 0-20k Best GPU for i5-4440 processor

If I can continue with my existing i5-4440 itself then I won't buy 4790 or change anything for the next 4-5 years as I'm not too much into gaming. I just wanna play a few random games when I'm bored. Basically, I would have spent just 8k-12k max with this plan hoping my motherboard doesn't die.
In that case, just do as you originally planned and go with the best GPU you can get for whatever you're willing to spend. Since you're planning to keep it for a while, I wouldn't take anything less than an RX 570/GTX 1060, and preferably a 1660 (or equivalent) - these cards are pretty old already, and will likely struggle with some stuff in the coming years.

Buy the 1650 super if possible OR get 1060 6GB or RX 580 8GB.
If you can find a 1660 anything in your budget go with that.

Don't get the 1050Ti or below that is very weak compared to the 1060/580.
I've bookmarked the GTX 1660 SUPER OC Edition 6GB GDDR6 on Gameloot but it costs 11k including delivery.
I'm waiting for a 1060/1650 Super on this forum and FB Zoukart group to compare the cost difference. I heard that the 580 will consume more power compared to these other cards and also has a high chance of being used for mining and hence keeping it as the last option.

In that case, just do as you originally planned and go with the best GPU you can get for whatever you're willing to spend. Since you're planning to keep it for a while, I wouldn't take anything less than an RX 570/GTX 1060, and preferably a 1660 (or equivalent) - these cards are pretty old already, and will likely struggle with some stuff in the coming years.
Would you suggest going ahead with 1660 for 11k or waiting for a better deal on 1650/1060? I'm trying to avoid the RX 570/580 as I heard they might consume more power compared to these Nvidia cards and also high chance of being used for mining.

Would you suggest going ahead with 1660 for 11k or waiting for a better deal on 1650/1060? I'm trying to avoid the RX 570/580 as I heard they might consume more power compared to these Nvidia cards and also high chance of being used for mining.
IMO, if you can get a 1660 Super in your budget, that's your best bet given how long you plan to use it. I don't know how much a 1060 tends to go for on here, but looking at other sites I don't think a proper 6 GB version costs that much less than the 11k you mentioned for the 1660 Super. If it were me, I'd probably go go for it.

What monitor do you have, and what settings do you plan on gaming? Also, what future games do you intend on playing?
Upgrading to an i7 4790 won't have a difference, that's for sure, since you'll bottlenecked by both the CPUs. 4 cores, with or without hyperthreading is not enough for today's titles. For older titles, with video settings cranked up, there'll be absolutely no difference between the 2 CPUs. So you can drop the CPU upgrade to save some bucks.

For the GPU, the 1660 Super is better for sure. But you'll also have to keep in mind if you'd really benefit from extra performance by spending more. The 1060 is a capable GPU, and can run today's titles at low settings, or even med. So you won't go wrong with either GPU

What monitor do you have, and what settings do you plan on gaming? Also, what future games do you intend on playing?
Upgrading to an i7 4790 won't have a difference, that's for sure, since you'll bottlenecked by both the CPUs. 4 cores, with or without hyperthreading is not enough for today's titles. For older titles, with video settings cranked up, there'll be absolutely no difference between the 2 CPUs. So you can drop the CPU upgrade to save some bucks.

For the GPU, the 1660 Super is better for sure. But you'll also have to keep in mind if you'd really benefit from extra performance by spending more. The 1060 is a capable GPU, and can run today's titles at low settings, or even med. So you won't go wrong with either GPU
I have a Benq EW2480 monitor which is 24 inches 1080p resolution. I'm planning to game on 1080p with medium settings. Since I'm new to gaming, I don't know much about the settings. I'm not too much interested in playing future games, I just like to play the popular games of the past for instance Far Cry 3/4, GTA 4/5, Batman/Spiderman (old ones), etc., to kill some time.
I'll drop the idea of upgrading my CPU to 4790 then. The price difference between the 1660 and 1060 seems to be around 1k-2k. I'll go with the cheapest one considering its dual fan and 6GB version.

I have the same cpu, playing Crysis 2 on 2k reso with 4gb ram max settings but AA disabled. No major hickups, but crysis2 is a decade old game.

1060 ~ 1650 Super ~ RX580 - see at what prices you are getting these used
RX 570/RX 480 comes close to them as well, but is bit inferior & GTX 1650 is inferior to RX 570. Prefer the first 3 IMO, else RX 570/RX 480. Prefer dual fan.
Heyy, since we're at the topics of gpu's how much should I pay for a used gtx 1660, 1060 and a 970.
On gameloot both the 1660 and 1060 are going for 10k

Last edited by a moderator:
Back