Audio best headphones ?

hey guys looking for some advice on best headphones for gaming,music and watching movies

8k is the last budget let me know if any1 have any ideas on what i shld buy as iam a complete noob at this

paras the hd-555's aint good for gaming..

Neither will the ad-700 be good.. im sure i can ans ur question but would like to know if you gonna use the cans on the pc alone or will you use it for multi-purpose... i.e, with amps, pmp's, etc etc

The reason for asking you this is, that if its only for pc and nothing else then skip the audiophile headphones like the hd-555 or ad-700 or anything else and go for proper 5.1 true surround, powered by usb run headsets.. They will throw you back by around 7-8k but results are way better then the normal cans on the pc..

And YES, a decent sound card is required for better results as they will have 3 or 4 pins for front, rear and centre... Like i said, true surround..

Something like the turtle beach..

Steel series produces virtual surround if im not wrong//

Let us know

i really dont know what i want really coz iam pretty noob with sounds

i want the quality like Z5500 in my headphones but wanna keep to less than 8k and dont wanana buy anything else than those headsets

just guide me coz iam total newbie in music area lols

^When members give you other suggestions, why do you still beat around the bush and keep enquiring about HD555 and the Steelseries model? Or is it just that you want to blow your cash on something soon enough and open up a useless show-off thread for that?

paraskhosla said:
i really dont know what i want really coz iam pretty noob with sounds

i want the quality like Z5500 in my headphones but wanna keep to less than 8k and dont wanana buy anything else than those headsets

just guide me coz iam total newbie in music area lols

Well since you aint sure, im not sure what to recommend to you, but if u r gonna stick to ur pc and not other sources, i would recommend you get urself a Roccat-Kave.. These are true surround headphones with a gaming and media mode. i.e its meant for gaming as well as for true surround HT effect with huge bass.... Sells for around 7k.. Check youtube for user reviews.. there r plenty there hence i aint posting links here.

If its multipurpose.. well, all the above suggestions r valid

more or like gaming and music thats it nothing other than that

also gaming is whr i wanan try these coz in Z 5500 i cant hear some very low sounds if u know what i mean and also i wanna keep the expense to 5k or 5.5k

but i can strecth to around 8k if the thing really suits me very well

also about music ill morely take ths with me to goa or other places for my iphone to listen to music

so any advice on which to buy coz iam totally noob

Any of ur mentioned gaming headphones wont sound good on portable devices and for music..

The ones that are good for music need usb port to power them or adapter hence that option too is out if you wanna move around with them..

SS doesnt sound good when it comes to music imho..

Normal cans like 555's can be used for gaming provided you have a sound card like the creative x-fi gamer which gives you virtual 5.1 surround..

Bro, get yourself a creative fatality-----not the best sound and not the best build too--but since ur on a budget, it sounds gr8 in games and better than avg for music...

i saw a review on raccat kave and i think they look good for me

also going around with them is like an option

i mostly wont take such expensive items with me coz of breaking and all

how does roccat sound guys as in should i buy them ?

also i guess HD 555 is more for clarity but i want a gaming headset primarily

any advice?

ok guys i asked my retailer for a price on roccat kave and he said they are not available

are the steek series 5H V2 good for gaming in general?

also are they true 5.1 or are the 5H virtual sound?

Back