Audio best headphones ?

paraskhosla said:
i saw a review on raccat kave and i think they look good for me

also going around with them is like an option

i mostly wont take such expensive items with me coz of breaking and all

how does roccat sound guys as in should i buy them ?

also i guess HD 555 is more for clarity but i want a gaming headset primarily

any advice?

For portability, Creative fatality
For docked at home - Roccat or Turtle beach (i have a preference for Roccat)

paraskhosla said:
i saw a review on raccat kave and i think they look good for me

also going around with them is like an option

i mostly wont take such expensive items with me coz of breaking and all

how does roccat sound guys as in should i buy them ?

also i guess HD 555 is more for clarity but i want a gaming headset primarily

any advice?

ok guys i asked my retailer for a price on roccat kave and he said they are not available

are the steek series 5H V2 good for gaming in general?

also are they true 5.1 or are the 5H virtual sound?

SS Siberia V2 is good for gaming.. its comes in usb and normal port as well as with or without a portable soundcard..

But if ur going the ss way, get the Siberia V2 only

paraskhosla said:
ill order kave then

also will kave last me around a year or so

and whats the warranty like?

Order??? aint u gonna try em first?

What if the sound signature is not as per ur liking?????

Creative, Roccat, Siberia and Razor, all sound different from each other...

paraskhosla said:
where can i try these i would love to try them but didnt knew u can lols

Well int it quiet obvious that i have tried d above.. U think i own all d above??

For getting what u want, u got to try a lot harder man..

Anyways tried the siberia at croma (usb version)
Creative at the audio video show (held every yr in mumbai and i guess delhi too)
Razor any dealer can give you since its not sealed pack.
Roccat u cant get a demo

Eeeeks ! Some of the the posts above make my head go dizzy.Cant even read after a few replies .:S Guys please format your posts properly.

Anyways coming to the topic the AD-700 without any doubt are one the best headphones ever under 100$ . Very easy to drive , musical and a sound stage that can out perform some of the cans costing 4 X its' price ;). Anyone who says they are not good for gaming must be crazy ! The sounstage of AD-700 is considered best for gaming and one of my friend who is a professional gamer in one of India's top clan loves his AD-700.

Only issue is it's an open can so it will leak sound and wont give you any head shaking bass but good accurate bass. If you are looking for the bass like your Z5500 you shouldn't be looking at any of the Audio Technica's. For more bass the Denon D1000, D2000 will serve better. ;)

how about roccat kave

i saw review on utube and he said they are aweosme with bass as weel as music and gaming

is it good if i buy this also whr can i buy AD-700 from?

any dealer here sells them and whats the price?

Global Easy Buy

cheapest AD-700 you can get. Otherwise its available for ~7k+ in India officially.

Rocatt ,steel series etc stuff is not comparable to AT etc in terms of quality .If you are specifically looking at gaming headphones go for it ..or else stop coming up with random gaming headphones and asking about them :p

not random coz iam primarily looking for gaming headset

if i wanna hear some bass i switch on my Z 5500 hehe

also u think Kave will be good for gaming coz iam really looking for kave as gaming and little bit music

there is a mile load of a difference between gaming headphones(by which i mean the bull load of crap sold by steel series/skull candy/razer) and good headphones!

all your previous post indicate you are hell bent on getting a gaming headphone, if yes please get the Roccat one or settle with the AD700 they are good enough for gaming.

wow thanks dude then Roccat Kave will be it

ill order it asap

also anyway to test them in croma or some place?

Ordered Kave thru Buygamingstuff
woohooo

FaH33m said:
Eeeeks ! Some of the the posts above make my head go dizzy.Cant even read after a few replies .:S Guys please format your posts properly.

Anyways coming to the topic the AD-700 without any doubt are one the best headphones ever under 100$ . Very easy to drive , musical and a sound stage that can out perform some of the cans costing 4 X its' price ;). Anyone who says they are not good for gaming must be crazy ! The sounstage of AD-700 is considered best for gaming and one of my friend who is a professional gamer in one of India's top clan loves his AD-700.

Only issue is it's an open can so it will leak sound and wont give you any head shaking bass but good accurate bass. If you are looking for the bass like your Z5500 you shouldn't be looking at any of the Audio Technica's. For more bass the Denon D1000, D2000 will serve better. ;)

Well i didnt really understand ur reply at all... AD-700 for gaming whilst the op wants a headset for gaming a casual music... And over it u recommended a D1000 and 2000:S

Well there is a reason why the gaming headsets have a mkt of their own.. Yes sound quality wise they dont match the 700's or denons as ReekingArchvile rightly mentioned, but then they aint supposed to for crying out loud.. They r gaming headsets.. Gaming headsets r meant for their sound accuracy and accurate surround sound so that every movement or sound location vis a vis the environment can be captured..

If the op has say a xi-fi gamer sound card, he could have used the gamer mode and got a proper virtual surround.. but even that aint half as accurate..

BASS for gaming??? hmmmm

Anyways coming back to say the roccat for eg-- they have a dual mode for gaming and entertainment.. Gaming is in full surround sound which is very accurate whilst the ent mode has bass and treble control..

Now if all d above aint sufficient for proper gaming, and casual movies or music, i aint sure what will be...

I am stating the above simply as a recommendation, not based on some forums i might have read.. I own a xi-fi gamer and use 5.1 zalman headphones for gaming .. and for my entertainment i switch the sound card to entertainment mode and use my sennheisers or klipsch s4 on em.. Heard the roccat and creative recently and SQ wise, they are way better then the zalmans...

Paras, i think u will be just fine with either the creative, SS or roccats.........

NO offense to anyone who feels otherwise.. Its simply my view based on personal experience and yes i do take my audio very seriously too......

^ You know all that sound accuracy , and surround sound etc you are talking of is nothing but imaging and soundstage which the AD-700 is best at.Hence I recommended it.

Earlier the OP wasn't clear if he wants headphones more for gaming or music. Hence I recommended the D1000 & D2000 as well cause all these cans are any day better in sound compared to the so called gaming head sets and also provide good surround sound , positional audio etc needed by a gamer. ;) Anyways since he has already decided what to buy.. nothing much to say .

^^^

no dude, thats in d case of virtual surround cans (sennheiser, logitech and some steel series).. Roccat, turtle beach or zalmans r full surround..

Try em once, u will neva game again with the ad-700

^ Incase you are talking the real 5.1 surround headphones ,I kind of agree with you . I had once tried a Zalmans which werent the most accurate sounding headphones but the surround effect was amazing .

For music there were crap .

The point is most musical headphones with good soundstage can handle games decently ..but those surround headphones sound very weird and artificial with music ;) One needs to decide which is more important .

^TBH I had no clue about what exactly the OP wants and then suddenly he comes to a conclusion - Roccat! Oh LOL I haven't even come across Roccat for headphones. I do agree they make some decent surfaces but have never come across their headphones, not even in the reviews or comparisons. I had suggested the AD700 as well.

Oh well, whatever floats his boat! ;)

^^^^^6

yes, i am talking abt the true 5.1 surround headsets which come with 4 connectors..

my zalmans are 6 yrs old, but i still use it for my gaming. The sound quality honestly sucks but for gaming, they simply are awesome..

Have said that, the roccat-kaves are good for gaming as well as music and movies. And these babies r quiet powerful.. Apart from the centre, front, rear and woofer pins, they also have to be usb connected. Sound too is fully customizable as per ur need.

BTW, i have noticed that its always the asus xonars that are recommended on TE. When i was out to buy a sound card for my pc, to be used for music, gaming mostly and some movies, i couldnt find anything on reviews than a xi-fi extreme gamer (games being the first preference of choice with product below 6K)..

The creative V sound is very accurate under which the AD-700's will definitely shine

edge111hussain said:
^^^^^6

yes, i am talking abt the true 5.1 surround headsets which come with 4 connectors..

my zalmans are 6 yrs old, but i still use it for my gaming. The sound quality honestly sucks but for gaming, they simply are awesome..

Have said that, the roccat-kaves are good for gaming as well as music and movies. And these babies r quiet powerful.. Apart from the centre, front, rear and woofer pins, they also have to be usb connected. Sound too is fully customizable as per ur need.

BTW, i have noticed that its always the asus xonars that are recommended on TE. When i was out to buy a sound card for my pc, to be used for music, gaming mostly and some movies, i couldnt find anything on reviews than a xi-fi extreme gamer (games being the first preference of choice with product below 6K)..

The creative V sound is very accurate under which the AD-700's will definitely shine

have you ever used an entry level audiophile HP like HD-555 or AD700??? They are great for even gaming(and even positional audio for FPS), infact they are far better than the crapload 5.1 gaming headsets that razer and ss sells. I have heard gud things about roccat but so have I heard for Zalman but they are simply worthless in front of HD-555 and AD700.....

^^^^^

i own 555's 485, cx-500, and klipsch s4's. Dude i know what i am talking about.

Zalmans cost 1.5k, 555's cost 6k. But in gaming, interms of surround, the zalmans r still better and without a shadow of doubt, Roccat and creative fatality is even better.

Now, have u tried the kaves, or turtle beach or sennheiser pc-350's?... Have you?

Back