Best Laptop Between 25k-40k? I'll Be Using Softwares Liks Photoshop, Coreldraw,etc.,

karthickk3

Disciple
I'm looking for a laptop within a budget of 25000-40000rs. I need it for personal use and office use.

What I do in laptop:
I'll running some big softwares like Scrapebox, SEnuke, photoshop, coreldraw, etc., and many other softwares including VPS(remote desktop).
I'll be using the laptop minimum 18hrs a day.

What I don't:
I don't generally play games.

Here are some information that would help you to help me:
Preferred Brand: None
Harddisk: 500gb
RAM:4GB
Daily usage: 16-20hrs
Multi tasking: Yes
Tools: I'll run a lot as i'm a web marketer

Please suggest the best laptop in my budget. There is a lot of updations since I bought desktop last on 2009.

Other Questions:
1.What are all the things that I should consider while buying laptops?
2.Is memory and RAM both are same?

For 41k, check HP G6 2006TX. Perfect for your use and is priced low compared to other laptops. If 41k is too much, HP G6 2005AX for 32k.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Other Questions:
1.What are all the things that I should consider while buying laptops?
2.Is memory and RAM both are same?

1. Shopkeeper will try to sell some old stock or give their own recommendation. Don't go for them directly as they are always old stock or overpriced. Post the laptop name and full model no. Else buy the ones recommended here. Also do check the box is sealed. Seen shops giving out laptops they demonstrated to other customers.
2. Ram is memory. Yes both are same.

For 41k, check HP G6 2006TX. Perfect for your use and is priced low compared to other laptops. If 41k is too much, HP G6 2005AX for 32k.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

1. Shopkeeper will try to sell some old stock or give their own recommendation. Don't go for them directly as they are always old stock or overpriced. Post the laptop name and full model no. Else buy the ones recommended here. Also do check the box is sealed. Seen shops giving out laptops they demonstrated to other customers.
2. Ram is memory. Yes both are same.

Hi Thanks for posting, I've bought a Dell inspiron 14R with i3(2g),3gb ddr3,500gb sata hdd, 2.3ghz for Rs.33900. Not sure if it's a good deal, but bought something worthy I believe :)

Hi Thanks for posting, I've bought a Dell inspiron 14R with i3(2g),3gb ddr3,500gb sata hdd, 2.3ghz for Rs.33900. Not sure if it's a good deal, but bought something worthy I believe :)

congrats. its is a fine lappy but price is slightly on the higher side as the GPU is a slow one. still never the less good one :)

You should have splurged 35k and got the Lenovo 580 :p

Lenovo Essential G Series G580 (59-324061) Laptop 3rd Gen Ci5/4GB/500GB/DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Lenovo Notebook

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Edit: Saw that the laptop may be OOS, so here is another HP 2000 2116TU Laptop 3rd Gen Ci5/2GB/500GB/DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

Vivek, I thought Dell is much better than lenovo currently. But when I was working for my previous company, I had Lenovo which was always working smooth and loved it. But i'm not sure what kind of service would they provide for individual users and currently Lenovo doesn't seem to be happening much and so have gone for Dell which has a good review all over the net. Anyways bought it now and no second considerations anymore and i can't do anything now :p

Thanks for stepping in, buddy!

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

congrats. its is a fine lappy but price is slightly on the higher side as the GPU is a slow one. still never the less good one :)

yes, i found it to be slow even before installing any of my business apps. I'm just convincing myself that new products will take time to become normal and my biz applications would work well :)

This might sound harsh, but there's absolutely no point in going for a 2nd gen i3/i5/i7 lappy when their 3rd gen counterparts are available for cheaper or almost same price.

Most of the dealers and retailers are a big bunch of n00bs.

However, I do agree with the Dell's after sales service being better part. It's indeed much better than any other lappy manufacturer in India.

Dell inspiron 14R with i3(2g),3gb ddr3,500gb sata hdd, 2.3ghz for Rs.33900
Overpriced, IMHO. :annoyed:

This might sound harsh, but there's absolutely no point in going for a 2nd gen i3/i5/i7 lappy when their 3rd gen counterparts are available for cheaper or almost same price.

Most of the dealers and retailers are a big bunch of n00bs.
Yes, I have to learn a lot about shopping, sometimes overdose of information just puts me off and i'll take a quick decision. Still, i'm happy that we could never get a perfect value for money and so i'm happy that I've got something physical/solid to ensure that i've something for what I've paid :D
However, I do agree with the Dell's after sales service being better part. It's indeed much better than any other lappy manufacturer in India.
Overpriced, IMHO. :annoyed:

Yes, I heard dell service is one of the quickest and this is why I bought a dell one though I find some better deals in other laps.

Back