PC Peripherals best laptop within a lakh

my friend wants to buy a notebook and he can spend upto 1 lakh for that..

suggest me one with enough security features and fancy stuffs along with good performance...coz he's the sort of person who likes a fingerprint reader more geeky than a radeon x1800xt..:)

Consider the Acer Ferrari notebook. It may not be the fastest but definetly one of the fanciest notebook around the town. Anything Ferrari-sh should be cool.

it is actually quite fast.. btw why 1lac?? you can get your work done for around 65k too (Depends on what you do).. so tell him to elaborate what he wants from the laptop and peeps can suggest something better :D

stylish but overpriced for its features...
Acer Travelmate 8204 is a grand piece....they said abt a month ago that it will b available soon....check if its available in india

well i lakh is the upper limit..he wants the best there is..
if it is below that then kewl..plz give ur suggestions

myself i liked the dell inspiron 9400, maybe not much flaunting..but has a nice config..i'd definitely have considered it for myself, which it is not:bleh:

problem is i have very little idea about laptops, and there beside the system config there are also other factors like heating, backup, weight etc..:(

^^The dell 9400 paired with a 7900GS is the best deal you can get.... after discounts it'll come to around 90K. Well worth the money. Vaios are a waste of cash unless you need ultraportability. Stay away from toshiba... i'm suffering of their poor build quality. My tecra M3 has a partially dead battery and a loosely connected power adapter plug in less than a year. Pathetic build quality.... Dells and HPs are built much much better.

Chaos said:
^^The dell 9400 paired with a 7900GS is the best deal you can get.... after discounts it'll come to around 90K. Well worth the money. Vaios are a waste of cash unless you need ultraportability. Stay away from toshiba... i'm suffering of their poor build quality. My tecra M3 has a partially dead battery and a loosely connected power adapter plug in less than a year. Pathetic build quality.... Dells and HPs are built much much better.

Agrees with whtever Chaos said. Dell 9400 w/7900GS will be quite a powerhouse.

^^starts at around 76000 if i remember correctly..it will increase as you customise it more..u can check the dell india website

@chaoswas looking into that one today morning..but can you tell me about its weight, backup, heat produced etc?

Back