Monitors Best LCD monitor for computer graphics.

sanex

Disciple
Can you guys give me the advice about which is the best LCD monitor for graphics and other 3D applications including rendering?

del 2007 del 2407

viewsonic 2025 aint bad too

samsung 740N, 940 B , viewsonic vx 922 etc are a strict nono for profesional graphics wrk

Thanks vij for suggetion,
But after reading lots of reviews I came to know that it just a gambling to buy Dell 2407 coz of lotz of issues with it... I think.

And seriously my budget is like 40,000/- and I am interested in big one above 21"

Hows samsung 244T for profesional CG work? HOW much is the cost in India?

The 244T must be >60k dunno exactly.

So with that budget and those requirements the 2407 looks as the only way to go. The display is awesome for it's price, i agree that there were serious issues with the earlier versions but it is the best monitor for that price now, no doubt at all. The later revisions are very good And apart from some HD interlacing issues in component input the A02 is very good. I don't think that you'll be connecting a Blu ray dvd player or an Xbox 360 to it.

^^Bluray/HD-DVD using an HDMI to DVI converter will work fine at HD resolutions. Its only component that is causing issues with HD.

Google said:
The 244T must be >60k dunno exactly.

So with that budget and those requirements the 2407 looks as the only way to go. The display is awesome for it's price, i agree that there were serious issues with the earlier versions but it is the best monitor for that price now, no doubt at all. The later revisions are very good And apart from some HD interlacing issues in component input the A02 is very good. I don't think that you'll be connecting a Blu ray dvd player or an Xbox 360 to it.

Thanks google:)
Yeah, my main concern is about my work, coz I am a pro concept designer and 3D modeler. for concept designign I use photoshop and painter with my wacom tablet,It shouldn't be affected by monitor colors or banding issues or backlights.

But mostly I will go for Dell2407WFp;)

If color purity is your main concern and you don't mind spending then look at the NEC 20WMGX2. Dell 2007 has way better color than the 2407... 2407 is a pseudo 8 bit panel.

Chaos said:
If color purity is your main concern and you don't mind spending then look at the NEC 20WMGX2. Dell 2007 has way better color than the 2407... 2407 is a pseudo 8 bit panel.

I don't understand 'Pseudo 8 bit', please elaborate a bit more :)

I thought that 2407's use this panel.

These were the prices quoted on 11th of this month by Maple technologies (Mumbai).

Apple 20" - 49.7k

Apple 23" - 81k

Apple 30" - 151k

I think these are the old prices and the slashed prices have yet not taken effect in India.

I have 2 Dell 2007FP 20" monitors REV A02 and they are the best i have ever seen. The first i picked up at 30k delivered with 5 yr warranty and the second 5 days ago for 27k delivered, inclusive of all taxes.

they support true 8bit 16.7 million colors and are the only true 8bit lcd's available in India (non Wide)

Vivek

I think the NEC suggested by Chaos the best buy for professional graphics work.... But then it would also make difference if you are doing photo or video work... As I understand you are wanting to do rendering of videos??

For that you may want to choose the Dell one!! The Apple Cinema 23" is not the best performing, but seems to have the best cabling and looks...

The Nec 20WMGX2 uses the LG-Philips S-IPS Panel LM201WE2 which is much more better than the LM201W01 Panel used by Dell 2007FPW. But it seems that some recent batches of the Dell supplied around US and Japan have had this improved Panel. Since the orders in India are processed with batches comming from Malaysia, there is some chance that we may get the improved Panel (not sure).

The Apple and Dell both uses the LG-Philips S-IPS Panels for thier 20" and 30" Models. So they should perform similar. The 24" Dell however uses a S-MVA Panel and unlike the 2007 and 3007 which are manufactured by LG, the 2407 is manufactured by Samsung.

The Apple Displays are definitely brilliant. I have seen the Apple Cinema Display 20" in Action and no other regular LCD can compare to it. But its way too overpriced and also dosnt seem to include any controls for brightness or contrast adjustment. you have to do every thing through software. The Dell should have similar performance as the Apple because of similar Panel, but comes for a better price.

sunbiz_3000 said:
I think the NEC suggested by Chaos the best buy for professional graphics work.... But then it would also make difference if you are doing photo or video work... As I understand you are wanting to do rendering of videos??

For that you may want to choose the Dell one!! The Apple Cinema 23" is not the best performing, but seems to have the best cabling and looks...

ha ha.. again I got confuse:huh:

As I had mentioned about 2D concept design work in photoshop and painter and some work in 3D software like Maya, softimage... rendering softwares like mentar ray and V-ray.These things should work perfect on LCD as good as CRT monitors.

One more thing I want to ask you guys.... where can i get all the prices of LCDs.... in rupees:cool2:

Thanks for support:)

Back