CPU/Mobo Best Motherboard For AMD Atlon 64 X2 6000 + ( 3.0 Ghz )

What I was saying was that the rig in your siggy mentions an AGP gfx cad, and DDR ram. The new mobo needs pci-e gfx and ddr2 ram.

Also, it only has 2 ide slots, so if those 3 hdds are ide, you'll have to remove one.

Hey Stalker my only concern over here is whether i can go for a PSU a month later......because then i would have enough to shell out for a good PSU....rather then going for a Budget PSU on a tight budget....or you would rather suggest to go a for a budget PSU right away.....i would like to know whether there are any cons of buying a PSU later......

^^yep u can do tht....but wts the iball psu rating tht comes in bundle??...
but as mentiond both the boards dunnot hav an IGP so u will need a gfx card...if wts mentioned in ur siggy is the only thing u have...

ohhh thanx a lot for the info WingZero i missed out this important piece of information....can anyone please suggest a Mother board with an IGP so that i can atleast use my rig untill i have a Decent GPU.....

if u want motherboard with onboard grapihcs then get some G33 board , Asus P5K-VM ( 5.1k ) or Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2L (5.3k) will be good , u can also get G31 board but G33 boards overclock well too + get E7200 and it can be easily overclocked to 3.2-3.6ghz .

@robo

the G31 overclocks as well as the G33.. at about 2k lesser. as long as someone doesnt plan on using 4 ram slots i would guess the G31 is a better choice.

@OP

there shouldnt be any issue in fitting hte psu into your case. if you still are feeling paranoid about it, you could check up the corsair site.. the dimensions will be mentioned, and you can get it checked.

@sTALKEr

any low end graphix card that you might suggest to go with this MOBO to meet my very basic gaming needs....not going above NFS Most wanted....

The P45 MOBO supports only DDR2 1066 memory....as far as my knowledge is concerned aren't they a bit on the costlier front......and the memory slots are like 4*240 pin.....will they accomodate the the Normal DDR2 Rams or not....

All ddr2 sticks/slots have matching/same dimensions.

+

its all backwards compatible. when a board is marked as having ddr2 1066 support, that means it can take a max of 1066MHz

leavin the IGP aside the board is obviously wud b p45 chip..
i wud say to get a used card from market....and manage with tht...even the
modest 7300gt or 6600gt wud be better than all the IGP's available...
later on upgrade to better gfx card wen ya hav d moolah!.
peace.

Thanx a lot on the info guys.... TE rocks big time.... i was hell confused before i posted my queries in TE.... now i know what i want to buy....

my only question remains is which is the best place to buy all this stuff online... because i dont have a decent Computer market in my city.....

Back