Best Music+Camera phone around 15K

F3niX

TechH0LiC
Skilled
1. Q: Budget?

A: 15k (Max upto 20K)
2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar
3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: Any
4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Nope..
5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen or Qwerty...
6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required a 5MP camera minimum. Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Any Smartphone, Android would be a Plus.. (ROM Availability should be considered)
8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: All Covered.. i.i. 3G,Wifi,Bluetooth.. etc.. Nowadays all phones from 10K cover it up..
9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Music(Should Have Best Audio Quality),Camera(WIll take quite a few snaps), messaging,
10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: Best Battery Life!!!

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: None
To sum it all up:

I need it to have best audio quality, and Cam should take good pics under normal light..

Along with that it should have Great Battery life(2 days).. Battery Life is the main reason,apart from other petty reasons, to go for a new phone.

My x10 mini is lasting 14-18hrs with this usage i said.. Without cam, max 1 day..

If i use net, max 2 hrs.. So, My new phone whould have good Battery life..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Will Buy Today or Tom guys.. So, No waiting for upcoming releases :)..

was having the same requirements for my bro and concluded on the defy+ and Neo V..
he wasnt a big fan of the defy design and thus ended up buying the Neo V for 15,750 from Ngpay!!
its VFM and got the looks too and has ICS update coming in next few months!!:D

Yesterday went to see all phones.. Here are my Views:

(Sadly Optimus 2X was out of stock and will come by next monday)

1)Defy+ - Superb phone, Very rugged,Lower SAR value than defy,Superb Battery life,but Average music quality, Okayish Cam.. No 720p recording..Didn't justfiy the Price tag..:(

Overall- 7/10

2)Xperia Neo V- Great Screen,Good music quality, No Wifi Issues,but a Battery Drainer, and buttons tend to lose colour after some time(I expereinced it with my x10 mini),Laggy at times

Overall - 8/10

3)Xperia Ray-Superb Display,Good music quality, Great cam(but no flash), Great Audio quality, But Smallish 3.3" Screen, Battery Drainer,Laggy at times..

Overall- 8/10

4)iPhone 3GS- Okayish Screen, Okayish Cam, Great Music quality,Stuck with a measly 8GB, Great Battery life.. Didnt justify 20K, maybe 12K..

Overaall-6/10

Above Budget:

5)Galaxy R - Very fast, good enough screen,Better battery life than others, Good audio quality,Measely 5MP cam, Only 720p Video,Plasticky Body, Not worth 23K

Overall-7/10

6)Galaxy S2 - Great Screen(but not enough ppi after seeing Ray),Average music Quality(in Stock), Poor battery life, Great Cam, Plasticky body..

Overall - 8.5/10

7)Droid Razr - Built like a tank, light, Good Cam,Good Screen(Screen has Pentile Matrix and is clearly visible),Good Battery Life,Audio was Okayish for a 33K phone

Overall-9/10

8)Sensation & XE - Great Build, Superb Screen(but S-LCD so a battery drainer), okayish Battery life,Audio was ok(XE was great), Good cam...

Overall- 9/10

9)Galaxy Note - Way too Big(Coming from a 2.55" touch screen),Good Battery life, Great Cam, Superb Screen,Average Audio quality..

Overall- 8.5/10

10)iPhone 4 -Very fast and fluid, Good Cam, Great Audio quality,16GB felt ok(But having an iPad, I feel 32GB will be sweet),Superb Battery Life,but too costly..

Overall- 9/10

11) iPhone 4S- Very Fluid, Never lagged, Siri was Ok, Superb Cam, Good 1080p recording, Not worth 45-51K(Buy an iPad/Laptop instead and go for any other phone)..

Overall- 9/10

Please see that these are all personal opinions after using for a brief amount of time...

Waiting for your suggestions finally...

The best deal so far for the O2x is at adexmart for 18,990/-.

The advantage of this deal over letsbuy's similar offer after applying coupon code is that you can use Cash on Delivery here, while letsbuy does not allow COD with coupons.

Croma is a good place to check out phones as they have the best variety of smartphones, but the only small issue is that most of the phones are strapped from behind to the desk, and some plastic bands are tied across the middle of the screen due to which you dont get a complete grip or feel of the phone, or the screen, otherwise it is good. About the phone, you may find the default Froyo stock ROM on the phone a bit buggy or laggy (they dont update the firmware to GB at showrooms, just lazy) but that should get fixed with a custom ROM, or official ICS ROM at least.

I am getting it at 20K locally dude.

From your PM, I just wanna ask you..

Do you suggest any other phone around 18K?

Cam, Music and battery Life are my top Priorities..

teja92 said:
I am getting it at 20K locally dude.

From your PM, I just wanna ask you..

Do you suggest any other phone around 18K?

Cam, Music and battery Life are my top Priorities..

If your main use would be cam, why not the SE Xperia Arc.. Probably the best 8MP camera on an android phone, very good screen, looks (subjective) are awesome, HDMI port, and since SE audio quality should be quite good..

Its available for 22k in letsbuy.. If you can get hold of some coupons you might even get it for about 21k or so.. Before buying O2x I was seriously considering this phone but it was priced at about 29k which was too much for a single core phone..

You should check at croma regarding the local price..

Bad Cam, Average Battery life and Okayish audio quality..

Dunno, I've toyed with my friend's O2X(lives 5 rooms away from mine) and it's pretty good if u ask me.

Battery Life is the usual 1 day on an Android. Something every Android gives.

Audio Quality? I think with custom equalizer setting and good pair of earphones, any phone can give almost the same output, if not the same for the same sourced song.

Back