Best Music Phone

sirlon

Disciple
hi guys,

I want to buy a music phone. Not a very high end model. Mid range one. all other features are optional. I don't care,if it has a camera/wifi..Budget is max 10k. Can also consider very basic models within 3 k..if the sound quality is good.

HaCk3r said:
go for champ... its really good... or if u can find any express music edition phones.. BUY them... they are the best...

Err..by "Xpress Music" edition if you mean Nokia's then that info would be incorrect. Just because they are branded as music phones eg.Xpress music and Walkman series doesnt mean they are the "Best". (sic)

@OP get the C5 if you can. Its not such an excellent phone but the music is prettry loud and decent enough for the price.

And oh, avoid that X2 as all cost.

The button becomes terribly hard after a few months of frequent usage. Many of my friends bought it due to its VFM features but they ended up regretting it.

For affordable music phone, the Samsung Champ C33031 is your best bet.

Yea.. get an android phone and u can try many music player apps... believe me u'll really like the customization of sound settings provided with them so u can enjoy music as u wants.... eg: PowerAmp

challapradyumna said:
Buy any decent phone and replace the stock earphones mostly the stock are very bad.

Only earphones doesn't matter. Phone must produce good output.

abhishek2600 said:
Yea.. get an android phone and u can try many music player apps... believe me u'll really like the customization of sound settings provided with them so u can enjoy music as u wants.... eg: PowerAmp

I own SGS (Wolfson DAC) and sound quality is awesome with Voodoo + PowerAmp customization. I tried plugging in same earphones to Samsung Galaxy S2 with PowerAmp installed on it but the sound quality was terrible. Sound Quality differs from mobile to mobile, no matter if it's android or a good music player. As I answered, if phone fails to produce good sound then no use of soft customizations.

vivek.krishnan said:
Check out Android phones with good SQ. Then install Rockbox.

Yeah, Rockbox is solid option if a phone is not Galaxy S (We've Voodoo for SGS :cool:). Make sure you check sound quality before actually purchasing a device..

Here's my suggestion,

Get a cheap mobile that satisfies your need and later spend some money on PMP like Cowon or Sansa Clip+.. Believe me, You'll never regret your decision. They're so small but sounds really wonderful. :yeah:

My personal preference is a any walkman phones . May be the sound is top notch or not , the accessibility is awesome one button to the Player whatever you are doing in the phone. I also recommend buying a mp3 player . advantages are Separate Battery for both devices , Guaranteed sound quality,More memory dedicated to music.

Rahulrulez said:
Only earphones doesn't matter. Phone must produce good output.
I own SGS (Wolfson DAC) and sound quality is awesome with Voodoo + PowerAmp customization. I tried plugging in same earphones to Samsung Galaxy S2 with PowerAmp installed on it but the sound quality was terrible. Sound Quality differs from mobile to mobile, no matter if it's android or a good music player. As I answered, if phone fails to produce good sound then no use of soft customizations.
Yeah, Rockbox is solid option if a phone is not Galaxy S (We've Voodoo for SGS :cool:). Make sure you check sound quality before actually purchasing a device..

Here's my suggestion,
Get a cheap mobile that satisfies your need and later spend some money on PMP like Cowon or Sansa Clip+.. Believe me, You'll never regret your decision. They're so small but sounds really wonderful. :yeah:

Agreed 100%. He is spot on about Wolfson DAC on S1, S2 sucks. Only other option is iPhone which is a) Mass produced b) iTunes c) Expensive..
I got a clip+ and it is without doubt the best money i ever spent. I had the same issues as the OP regards to carrying multiple devices,but it is so small and light it barely makes any difference.

guys got Samsung E1232B finally and would purchase a music player if in need. As of now, the 3.5 mm jack sounds nice to me on this. Thanks for your suggestions guys.

Mods, plz close this thread..

Back