Less than 10K Best Phone for under 10,000?

Rezep

Adept
I'm looking for a phone which will be a daily driver for nothing much other than online classes(microsoft teams) and social media (whatsapp,instagram etc). I will most likely never use it for heavy gaming such as pubg, and camera quality isn't a huge factor unless it's really terrible.
In terms of brand preference, my whole family currently all basically have or had a xiaomi phone but i am open to other options. My max budget is 10k but i'm leaning more towards the 8-9K side.
I have also done some searching of my own and saw the redmi 9 prime and the realme narzo 10a but i to be honest, know very less about mobile tech. I do know however that anything less than 3gb Ram is already pretty slow as it is and 32 gb of internal storage, more than 10gb of it is taken by the Ui itself if what my friends say is to be believed. Hope to get some wisdom from you guys :p
Thank you :)

Last edited:
You seem to be a reputed seller and old member too but just an advice, please try using a case for the mobile phones. I would have bought the Pixels or the Asus you are/ were selling but there's loads of usage marks on them dude. I hope as this remark is not in your sale thread it won't be considered as spamming. Good luck for the sales anyhow.
Those are smudge bro since the back of asus is quite a fingerprint magnetic
Post automatically merged:

And the sides which have minor white dot those are due to case itself however those are very minimal like hardly 7-8 spot like that

Last edited:
You seem to be a reputed seller and old member too but just an advice, please try using a case for the mobile phones. I would have bought the Pixels or the Asus you are/ were selling but there's loads of usage marks on them dude. I hope as this remark is not in your sale thread it won't be considered as spamming. Good luck for the sales anyhow.
My asus 5z came with a tpu case in the box. First time i'm using a phone with a case. it's horrible. but without it, it feels like it could slip and die at any time, even though it looks like a piece of art...

My asus 5z came with a tpu case in the box. First time i'm using a phone with a case. it's horrible. but without it, it feels like it could slip and die at any time, even though it looks like a piece of art...
I never used that case much since after one month only that became yellowish giving this beauty an ugly look hence used plastic case bust it got few minor dots due to dust particles being trapped in between so after few days stopped using that and ever since then it has been without cover shinning beautifully but you need to be careful but in drop tests it has been proved much durable than it feels

This is all phones nowadays I am afraid. All shiny cheap glass like, why don't they add some glitter to it I wonder. The last phone I used without a case, I could, was GN4. Since then every phone is built like this and it basically mandates us to use a case, for phones like this especially. I HATE CASES, but I despise a smudgy scratched phone. Also, it warrants a better resale value for phones at near perfect cosmetics, I mean you should care about that if you personally don't care about aesthetics at all. :)

This is all phones nowadays I am afraid. All shiny cheap glass like, why don't they add some glitter to it I wonder. The last phone I used without a case, I could, was GN4. Since then every phone is built like this and it basically mandates us to use a case, for phones like this especially. I HATE CASES, but I despise a smudgy scratched phone. Also, it warrants a better resale value for phones at near perfect cosmetics, I mean you should care about that if you personally don't care about aesthetics at all. :)
All things apart but 5z doesn't feel cheap at all infact it feels much more premium to even more than few higher range ones @Julian what's ur view

I don't like glass backs, makes no sense really. An aluminum back is the best, for heat dissipation too. But, yeah the 5z is definitely a very premium looking and feeling phone. and the performance is fantastic.

Also, the asus pattern on the back, does anyone else do something similar? It's really striking when it catches the light and makes those ray patterns. Anyway, we're spamming the thread.

@Rezep did you finalize on a phone yet?

IThe thread has diverged into aesthetics now and i can appreciate the visual effects manufacturers spend time working on. but they are just gimmicks at the end of the day. cosmetic stuff designed to justify a price tag. with a plethora of models available from multiple companies, people are spoilt for choice with regards to their purchase. I personally prefer functionality over everything else and use a plain nokia 6.1. bought it mid last year, serving me well even after multiple falls and bumps . i guess its not available now and has been taken over by newer sub 10k models. but i would go with nokia either way.

Techenclave must have broke the notifications on this thread since i did not get any message at all after my last one here.
And to answer your question @Julian no, no i have not found any yet lmao
I'm looking for one again, same budget as usual, bumped this thread as i saw like 3 others posts of the same kind (budget being 10K) and was still quite honestly surprised to see that it hasn't changed much at atll since last year aug to sep. The Redmi 9 is still a contender and for the love of god why is there 3 different versions of it (9,9 prime, 9 power), the cost of the redmi 9 with 4 gigs and 64 internal is not bad at 8999. The Poco M3 is also a nice phone spec wise and i'm yet to see a review of it.
But to be honest, i just want a phone which is like 5 inches which for me is just the perfect size. I won't be watching any sort of movies on it since i have both a monitor and a TV, only for socials. And for gaming? lol perhaps some word games and chess. But there just isn't any phone made new anymore which fits that size and budget.

Techenclave must have broke the notifications on this thread since i did not get any message at all after my last one here.
And to answer your question @Julian no, no i have not found any yet lmao
I'm looking for one again, same budget as usual, bumped this thread as i saw like 3 others posts of the same kind (budget being 10K) and was still quite honestly surprised to see that it hasn't changed much at atll since last year aug to sep. The Redmi 9 is still a contender and for the love of god why is there 3 different versions of it (9,9 prime, 9 power), the cost of the redmi 9 with 4 gigs and 64 internal is not bad at 8999. The Poco M3 is also a nice phone spec wise and i'm yet to see a review of it.
But to be honest, i just want a phone which is like 5 inches which for me is just the perfect size. I won't be watching any sort of movies on it since i have both a monitor and a TV, only for socials. And for gaming? lol perhaps some word games and chess. But there just isn't any phone made new anymore which fits that size and budget.

Hey , I made one of those other threads and got poco m3,so far very happy ( you can read ) but if you have any questions you can let me know. But i like the fhd , dual speakers, ir sensor and reverse charging along with 6gb ram at 10k. I do think you need 6gb ram with miui tbh.

I also was looking at sub 5 inch phones too but really there arent any around, only option is to get one of the slightly old xperia compacts esp if you are okay with custom roms as they have good support and even lineage iirc.

Last edited:
So right now i've mostly decided to either get a redmi 9 for around 8999 or search for a second hand phone on olx (or here) where someone is selling a 15k phone perhaps a year old for around 8k. I've written this here incase there is anyone who is selling that here and if any of you can recommened me any phones i can lookout for on olx.
Thanks again!

Quick Update

I found an ad on olx for a 1 month old redmi 9 yesterday for around 7000, talked him down to 6k and turns out he was actually legit. I checked bill with imei and everything. Did a few tests via "tapping" the kernel version and everything seems to be good so far. Really good phone for 6k, at 9k it wasn't bad either but at that point for an extra 2k, you could go with a poco m3 or a redmi 9 power/prime. I have already done the debloater but i couldn't find more than 5 apps to remove from mi so it was quite empty already aside from google apps. Camera isn't great but it's usable. Screen is also nice but i am yet to fully even use it but first impressions are good so far.

Last edited:
Do remove/disable that "msa" crap which is the main culprit for those shady ads stuff. More significant as its a Redmi device and not Poco device.
in the debloater right? Didn't mess around too much since i wasn't exactly sure what was what since i do kinda want some of the Mi stuff like cloud as well as wallpaper. That won't affect the apps themselves right?

Yup, on debloater. I doubt if it has any impact on cloud as I already removed it. For wallpapers, are you talking about those under "Themes" or under "My Glance"? If it's former, then no issue whatsoever as I can see my walies. I already removed Mi glance so can't comment on that.

Back