Best Phone Under 18K

1. Q: Budget?
A: 18k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Any

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: LCD,LED,IPS

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No Micromax,Karbon,Nokia Mobile

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 5MP camera. Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.,Wifi,Bluetooth

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Games, Multimedia and Camera.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Should have at least 1GB RAM.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: None

@aamalviya welcome to TechEnclave, wish you and your family a Happy, Prosperous and Healthy New Year.

These are the phones that I might meet your needs --
  • SAMSUNG Galaxy S Advance
  • SONY XPERIA P
  • HTC Desire X
Anything below these and you might not make it to Jelly Bean.

Hope this helps, Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the Optimus L9 worthy of consideration if I don't mind a few months delay in JB update?

Not really sure by what do you mean by a few months delay. It can be a full year of the mark and I am not exaggerating. SONY is doing that and it does not stop LG from doing that OR worse.

LG has normally been worse!

If you are not in a hurry wait for a couple of weeks for a rash of announcements of new flagships. That may push the prices of the existing ones down (even the mid-range)

Not really sure by what do you mean by a few months delay. It can be a full year of the mark and I am not exaggerating. SONY is doing that and it does not stop LG from doing that OR worse.

Basically the phone is for my wife. She is hardly bothered whether it is ICS or JB. As long as it works and does what she needs. Phone, SMS, a lot of Whatsapp, camera, Good sized qwerty with swype for ease of text entry. What can JB do for her that ICS doesn't?

If your budget is strictly 18K then go with HTC Desire X. You can also choose Droid Razr XT910 if you can find it and it would be the best option.

If you can raise your budget a little bit then you get better choices like Galaxy S3 Mini available on ebay with Seller Warranty.

Back