Best power supply units

Hello,

Recently I visited Tirupati Office (Seasonic Distributor) in Nehru Place, to clear up some of my doubts. But it was disappointing. The models that were available were SS-***BT Eco Series (Which is not recommended according to previous discussion here), S12 II -620W, M12 II 620 W and S12G 650W. I wanted 500-550W model, which were not available in later series (had to fight with an uncle over there to prove S12G-550W exists!). Plus another thing is that M12II-520 is Discontinued according to http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page678.htm , is it OK to but this? M12II 520W Evo Edition is also not available whereas S12G is pricey (due to gold rated and better parts). And when I asked for prices, I was refused (because I came from a dealer from whom I was going to assemble my PC) and I was told to check their website for prices as prices in Nehru Place differs from online sites (commission between dealers huh?). So, neither I was recommended any model as they told me to find it out on my own (calculate ampere and usage, which i find lil difficult), nor they gave me the prices.

It was funny that the distributor itself has no stock. So where else would you look?!

Just felt like sharing this. I hope it's not inappropriate.

Thank you.

Yes distributors avoid dealing with end-users directly, else dealers will have no incentive to push their product. I once had the same issue as well.
Of course this doesn't excuse him from being ignorant of what he's selling. Mail the main distributor in Kolkata. Although as another member mentioned earlier, all the good 550W units are suddenly missing.
AFAIK the M12II Evo has nothing really new in it. They still brought in the 620W Evo for the same price, so I'm not sure why they didn't just bring the 520W Evo too.

I know. And the worst part is not a single shopkeeper will prefer them and hence no stock.

In the meantime, here's what you can get from shopkeeper via dealer (or vice-versa?): -

S12II 520 - Rs. 5200

M12II 520 - Rs. 5800

SSR 550rt - Rs. 6000

SSR 550rm - Rs. 7500

I wanted to try Modular PSU. But only Rs 200 difference between a M12 and 550RT (Gold Rated! but non modular :( ) If had to take non modular, then I would have picked S12II 520. Damn.. its too bad. What is recommended guys?!

Back