All OS Best Smartphone to replace iPhone

Yashas08

Recruit
Hello folks.
Long time iPhone user here. I am planning to shift out of my iPhone 13 Pro Max as the phone has been bugging out on my recently.
I am thinking of moving to android. I mostly use Google Apps so I don’t think I have any issues with being locked on Apple ecosystem.
I have shortlisted the below phones :
1) Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
2) Pixel 7 Pro
3) Moto Edge 30 Ultra

Any suggestions on what would be the best among these phones ? I don’t mind spending the cash on s23 ultra but I would be happy to save some money as well.

Why though? The 13 Pro Max is still a great phone hardware wise, and sure, software could be a major cause to shift.

If you're willing to spend above 1L, then the S23 Ultra is a great choice.
Pixel 7 Pro isnt worth it IMO, since the Pixel 7 gets the job done with a slightly downgraded camera for 30k lesser.
My suggestion would be Pixel 7 or S23. Pixel 7 for cams + price and S23 for SD 8 Gen 2 and OneUI. If S Pen and the best camera out there is a priority, then the S23 Ultra, but tbh, I wouldn't say that spending the extra cash is worth it.

I am planning to shift out of my iPhone 13 Pro Max as the phone has been bugging out on my recently.
What does that mean exactly?

This model came out less than two years ago. Apple's top-of-the-line as well. Why aren't you looking at fixing it instead of replacing it and that too the extra hassle of jumping to another ecosystem

S23 ultra if you want the latest and greatest of Android. There is nothing else like this
Why though? The 13 Pro Max is still a great phone hardware wise, and sure, software could be a major cause to shift.

If you're willing to spend above 1L, then the S23 Ultra is a great choice.
Pixel 7 Pro isnt worth it IMO, since the Pixel 7 gets the job done with a slightly downgraded camera for 30k lesser.
My suggestion would be Pixel 7 or S23. Pixel 7 for cams + price and S23 for SD 8 Gen 2 and OneUI. If S Pen and the best camera out there is a priority, then the S23 Ultra, but tbh, I wouldn't say that spending the extra cash is worth it.
so camera is not a priority. Battery life, Screen and Performance is the highest priority for me. Based on that S23 Ultra was shortlisted. But thanks for your inputs, I will definitely take a look at S23 as well. Plus I love the new upgraded One UI which is major shift from bloatware filled Touchwiz or whatever they used to have back in the day.

What does that mean exactly?

This model came out less than two years ago. Apple's top-of-the-line as well. Why aren't you looking at fixing it instead of replacing it and that too the extra hassle of jumping to another ecosystem
So I dropped my phone on concrete once and another time dropped it into a pool. I know I am careless and dumb. Both the screens are cracked and battery health is almost at 81%. Checked at service centre and got a quotation of almost 55k. At that point I was like it’s better to get a brand new phone rather than getting it repaired. Hence was planning on buying a new phone. I am switching to Android just to experience the other side of the coin as I am quite done with iOS

So I dropped my phone on concrete once and another time dropped it into a pool. I know I am careless and dumb. Both the screens are cracked and battery health is almost at 81%. Checked at service centre and got a quotation of almost 55k. At that point I was like it’s better to get a brand new phone rather than getting it repaired. Hence was planning on buying a new phone. I am switching to Android just to experience the other side of the coin as I am quite done with iOS
We all drop our phones on a regular basis but the case they are in protects them right? don't tell me you were using this thing naked :oops:

iPhone always has the best selection of really good cases too.

As a rule, I generally refuse to handle any such phone if it isn't in a case. I always tell the owner to hold in their hand and show me.

Slipping into a pool as in freshwater is no problem at all. Hasn't been for at least five years if you see the top-end phones from any company. Sea water is more tricky.

An already compromised screen means no more water protection.

Last edited:
S23 Ultra - best android right now

S23 - IMO a more sensible choice, unless you want big display, in that case can even consider S23+, if S23 U seems too expensive

Honestly, avoid Moto. Poor software updates doesn't make it flagship worthy.

Pixel 7/7 Pro - Better if you want stock android. I personally don't like Pixels because of its barebones software, it lacks many small features which Samsung has. 7 Pro doesn't have that good battery life though, not so efficient SoC + QHD display sucks battery fast.

Check reviews & comparisons & take a call.

If you drop your phone a lot then better not to have a pixel as it's going to have one of the worst build quality in the market.

Samsung knows how to build mobiles. And you can get it fixed anywhere in the country. That's not a case with Google.

Also, IMO, currently stock UI of Android is very bad, impractical and ugly (I'm using it).

Then don't buy s23 ultra. You will break its display by the time you get out of the store.

It has curved display and you cannot install a tempered glass.

Tampered glass is not a necessity to protect a phone. I have never used tempered glass because it affects the quality of screen. I have dropped my S7 and S9 plenty of times, nothing happened because of a basic transparent case with raised edges to protect the screen. Samsung phones are durable and a sleek cover is generally enough.

Tampered glass is not a necessity to protect a phone. I have never used tempered glass because it affects the quality of screen. I have dropped my S7 and S9 plenty of times, nothing happened because of a basic transparent case with raised edges to protect the screen. Samsung phones are durable and a sleek cover is generally enough.
I saw micro-scratches on my S8 when I used it without a screen protector for a few months. Later got a wet application-type screen protector (not glass), was good. Surely needed changing within a year, but was good.

It depends on the angle of fall i guess, i was using my mobile with tempered glass for 2 years and it survived countless falls. After taking off the tempered glass the display cracked on the second fall that was just from chair height, it slipped off my pocket when sitting and it cracked.

S23 Ultra - best android right now

S23 - IMO a more sensible choice, unless you want big display, in that case can even consider S23+, if S23 U seems too expensive

Honestly, avoid Moto. Poor software updates doesn't make it flagship worthy.

Pixel 7/7 Pro - Better if you want stock android. I personally don't like Pixels because of its barebones software, it lacks many small features which Samsung has. 7 Pro doesn't have that good battery life though, not so efficient SoC + QHD display sucks battery fast.

Check reviews & comparisons & take a call.
Have u used the Pixel 7 Pro ? Is battery life that bad on Pixel ?

S23 if you want to save money, if not then s23 ultra. If you're only out for a good camera phone and don't mind losing out on the long zoom lens and performance then pixel 7.
There is also mi 13 Pro with great cameras if you're okay with decent-good front cam and Mi as a brand and it's UI. Same goes with Vivo x90 Pro Plus.

Have u used the Pixel 7 Pro ? Is battery life that bad on Pixel ?
I haven't. I know 2 people with Pixel 7, both said battery life is fine for 1 day usage.

GSMArena battery life test puts 7 pro below 7, so most likely the higher res display is the culprit. IMO 1440p display on a phone is a waste of money & affects battery life. I had S8, moved to S20FE, don't see any difference. Whereas moving from a 24" 1080p monitor to 27" 1440p monitor was noticeable after you use 1440p for some time & then try to get back to 24" 1080p.

I haven't. I know 2 people with Pixel 7, both said battery life is fine for 1 day usage.

GSMArena battery life test puts 7 pro below 7, so most likely the higher res display is the culprit. IMO 1440p display on a phone is a waste of money & affects battery life. I had S8, moved to S20FE, don't see any difference. Whereas moving from a 24" 1080p monitor to 27" 1440p monitor was noticeable after you use 1440p for some time & then try to get back to 24" 1080p.
Pixel 7 or pixel 7 pro ?

With 15/17 hours stanby and 4/5 hours SOT is fine for a day usage what else one need ?

S23 if you want to save money, if not then s23 ultra. If you're only out for a good camera phone and don't mind losing out on the long zoom lens and performance then pixel 7.
There is also mi 13 Pro with great cameras if you're okay with decent-good front cam and Mi as a brand and it's UI. Same goes with Vivo x90 Pro Plus.
IMO Mi & BBK needs to polish their OS further. Its still not flagship worthy. My friend bought iQoo 9, which got android 13 fast as well, which is nice, but OS still has a lot of bloat, unnecessary push notifications that needs to be turned off & so on. OP's oxygen OS was flagship worthy, but now it is Color OS. But OP11 did hit a sweet spot in terms of price to performance, so did OP 11R. OP 11R is IMO a easier recommendation at 40k than OP11 is at 55k to me.
Pixel 7 or pixel 7 pro ?

With 15/17 hours stanby and 4/5 hours SOT is fine for a day usage what else one need ?
Pixel 7

If I say 7, it is Pixel 7. Have mentioned 7 pro when I mean the other one.

My S20FE 5G lasts 4hr+ SOT easily on WiFi, but on heavy usage, I barely get 2.5 hr battery life (say using GPS on mobile data). I recently had a day when my phone reached 15% battery life within 12hrs with 2.5hrs SOT. So better battery life is always nice to have. I keep a power bank with myself while traveling but would want my phone to last more than 12hrs whatever I do. My phone is 1.5 years old as well, so battery life is bit lower now, but nothing significant.

Acc. to GSMArena, my S20FE gets a higher score because of better standby times but S20FE & Pixel 7 should be similar in battery life for most. 7 pro is just inferior to 7 in all respects. New efficient SoC is helping S23 achieve some high numbers for its small battery size.

1678256503747.png

Last edited:
OP, if you have been using iPhones for a while then you indeed will have an experience with Android :) See how long you can last before reverting.
Anyhow, if you must, then Pixel software will be the closest to iOS in terms of coherence. Other than the fact it will also offer the best still camera. Poor after sales, just okay battery though. If you seek features whether useful or otherwise, Samsung it is. See if you can tolerate Samsung software after iPhone.

Good luck.

Back