PC Peripherals Best Speakers under 10k

Hi Guys...
As you know by my thread in the market section, I am looking for better speakers than my ATP 3 to support my Audigy 4 card. I will use them mostly for movies and TV (tata sky). I have been doing a lot of reading on various forums but have narrowed my choices down to the following. Now I need your expert opinion to help me decide. Again the money spent should give me good benefit over my ATP 3s as I dont want to end up with same quality speakers at a higher output...

The speakers I am currently considering:

1) Logitech 5300E: I have learnt they are at 12k... thats really expensive considering they retail for 130 dollars on newegg.
How good is it? Whats the cheapest price for which it can be had in Nehru place... can it connect to my Tata sky and Xbox 360 in future. If yes, would Xbox 360 connected to this system support 5.1 audio?

2) Altec Lansing MX 5021: Really mixed reviews about this. Those who love it, swear buy it, those who dont call it crap. Some of the bad things I have heard:
1) Woofer not as powerful
2) Treble is too high
3) Speakers need to be wall mounted as they are not well balanced

Pros:
1) Great to look at
2) Would look good with my Samsung Bourdeaux
3) No messy wiring
4) Cheap
5) I can plug in my Tata sky and PC at the same time (can this be done with logies as well)?

I am into movies not music, so 2.1 is not ideal, but it does save the wire cluster around the house. They come at around 7-8k, which is quite close to the US price of 135 dollars. How good will these speakers be for my movie usage?

3) Kilpisch GMX A 2.1: Dont like their looks, but how do they sound? Are they better than Logitech and MX 5021 for movies? They look quite bad compared to the MX 5021.

4) Unknown..... Any other 5.1 system on this side of 10k which is around 100 watts RMS or more from a reputed company?

I am open for suggestions, I still feel buying logies at 12k would be far toooooo much for those speakers, but not comfortable if 2.1 would suffice for movies.
Initially I was all in for MX 5021, but I just want to make sure that I dont end up with something that I dont like (2.1 vs 5.1) to save 4k. Also I want audible difference and huge gain over my ATP 3s.

i think u meant the logitech Z5300 ???

well those are ur best option if u want good 5.1 speakers...

they are awesome hve been using them fr some time now... the woofer is extremely powerfulll .. wich is awesome while watching action movies....

You've listed the two best options for 5.1 and 2.1 categories. The Z5300 has an excellent sub for movies, not so good for games. The MX5021 excels at music. Bass isn't important for music, its clarity. There are a lot of idiots around who feel the mx5021 lacks punch in music. They should get those gorakhpur chaap speakers that go boom boom :p

a lot depends on speaker placement and source of sound too .. i for one find my mx a bit boomy since the woofer is in the corner under a small table (even though bass is at the lowest possible setting)

yeah its a bit tipsy but its not like its going get blown down by the wind or anything

imo its a great deal considering its only 7k now , its great for music and for movies too

@vandal... dude the z5300 are awesome for gaming also.. the extra bass acts a punch to ...well a punch :p .... even for music they seem fine.. just lacks a bit of clarity and a bit too much bass... bt the xfi sort of took care of tht :D

^^ Thanks so much guys. Please address the questions below.

1) There is also the old model of z5500 which is Z680 or something... Is that still available in our market, if so what price. Is it any good?

2) I have an Audigy 4 sound card, would I be able to control the bass with my card or is XFi a must for 5300?

3) Would movies with AC3 codec provide 5.1 sound?

4) What about Logitech 2300 2.1 system of over 200 watts RMS. How does that compare to 5300 and MX 5021 for movies. I am a big fan of movies, but not a big fan of messy wires, would a 2.1 system do me justice?

5) How long are the wires for rare speaker that comes with 5300, can I extend these wires? I am looking for rear speaker wire of around 20 meters.

6) Will all these speakers support dual input. I know MX 5021 does, but what about 2300, 5300 and Z680? Do they allow the Tatasky TV and PC connected at the same time?

Lastly I am not into music, nor an audiophile, just want good effects in comparison to my ATP 3 which doesnt sound as RICH. Would these speakers provide me a substancial gain in my movie/tv viewing experience?

On Newegg for 105 dollars plus 20 dollars shipping. So 125 Dollars US = 6250 (50 Rs to a dollar).... So here 8.5k I guess on street.... 2.25 k premium over US price....

Any idea about Z680 as well?

the cables on the z5300's arent tht long... infact the front cables are really short wich is very annoying.. dunno about extension cause maybe if u use local cables there MIGHT be some difference in the sound output not sure...

for your other query... im just talkin bout xfi's sound quality vs the audigy 2zs tht i had earlier... all the creative cards hve bass redirect..wich u can use...

also once ull get used to it ull kinda like the extra bass on it...

to sum it all up if ur looking for a decent set of 5.1 speakers get the Z5300

and if ur satisfied with 2.1 then dnt look anywhere else except the MX5021

^^What about cables for rear speakers? Are their cables 20 meters? I have heard that you cant extend these cables? Please clarify as you have these speakers.

I think this would clinch the deal.... Does the Logitech 5300 have digital S/PDIF input that I can use to connect to my digital output of Audigy 4 via a coaxial cable? In addition does it accept normal RCA input (one stereo analog connection). In other words would I be able to connect my PC and TV (Tata Sky) at the same time. Or does it have only analog inputs, like front, rear and sub?

^^ Just found out they dont have digital inputs unlike Z 680 and Z 5500... does this mean that they are not future proof or wont sound as good?

After much researching I am deciding that I would have to make a choice between buying a Creative Gigaworks Progamer now, or waiting another couple of months to have enough moolah to buy Logitech 5500 (or 5450 if I go abroad during this period). Now the clinching factor here is the price. If I can find Creative Gigaworks Progamer 500 at 15k or less than I will go for it now, but if the market price is closer to 20k, than I guess its better to save some more and go for 5500 as than I get digital inputs, fully featured remote and digital controls. Please advise of the ongoing price of Gigaworks Progamer G500.

Went no NP today, and couldnt find Logitech 5300 in most shops, and those who called to get it were qouting 12.5k or higher.... Can someone help me source these speakers in NP at around 12k?

The gigaworks progamer is a POS speaker. Stay away :p. Dude first get your priorities right... do you want good quality audio or do you want surround? At that kind of budget its more or less impossible to get both.

delhiboy1000 said:
Try at SMC international -tel no:26293001/2-last heard they were selling@ 11.5k..

SMC didnt have it, and didnt show any interest to source it either.

Chaos said:
The gigaworks progamer is a POS speaker. Stay away :p. Dude first get your priorities right... do you want good quality audio or do you want surround? At that kind of budget its more or less impossible to get both.

I want a 5.1 system under 15k..... Not many choices except Logitech 5300 :(

IceFusion said:
in the bylane next to computer empire there is a logitech dealer.. you would get the best price there..:)

He didnt have it either and his price was more expensive he was qouting 13k

Delhi guys please help me source these speakers for 12k or slightly under that... Also preferably looking for 5300E. Please ppl, show the delhi spirit!!!

Back