PC Peripherals Best Speakers under 10k

[OT]
Heard a speaker costing ~10K US$ today :p and was completely bowled over... the Wilson Audio Duette. Heard the martin logan summit, Sonus faber cremona/extrema and the B&W nautilus 801D. All of them are roughly the same price and the wilsons beat the rest by a mile! Heard the Wilson Watt Puppy 8 as well but that totally sucked. All driven by mark levinson/mcintosh electronics.
[/OT]

^^ I know in a 2.1 system under 10k, noone can beat those speakers, except Kilpisch promedia 2.1 which are way over budget. But I am looking for a poor mans 5.1 system under 15k... CAN ANY DELHI GUYS HELP ME BUT THIS AT 12k or UNDER???

rather than "poor mans 5.1" go for Kilpisch promedia 2.1 or MX5021.. u will enjoy the sound clarity more just for true richness of Sound these Deilvery.

if u Still want 5.1 Set up,Choices Are:
1.FX5051
Newegg.com - ALTEC LANSING FX5051 5.1 Music & Gaming Speakers - Retail

costs about 14.5k here in india

Stretch Ur Budget for for FX5051,as ur guaranteed Quality

If u want More Choices have Look @ Mar.2007 Digit Magazine,Current Crop Of 2.1 & 5.1 Compared

2.Artis X10 Mini

x10-mini :: Artis Home theatre systems :: by Kunhar Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Costs around 12k Here

^^LOL he's going thru the normal audiophile path and is at the point where surround sound matters... let him get what he wants. He'll soon realize where the fun is ;). Even if I've gotta spend 20k US$, i'd still spend it on stereo.

Udit said:
these are 8-9k in Kolkata & totally suck FX5051 & Z5300 beat the hell out of artis x10 totally

how can you even think of comparing artis :p

high end 2.1 over low end 5.1 anyday

i am just giving options,Choice is His :bleh:

Well as many of our friends pointed out, u really dont have much of a choice in 5.1 set under 10k(Same boomy sound similar to any audio chipset will pull on those).The utilization of capacity of ur sound card demands a budget in way excess of 10k.Else i dont c a point in changing ur current set for a marginal increase in performance
Look at chaos, the kind of system he has up and running.If u wanna go an audiophile way.Get a DVD player, integrated AV amplifier and reciever & a decent 5.1 set of speakers(Just about 1.5 lacs).Yes then it wud be true utilisation and an audio nirvana.After that just add 70k for Lazy boy to enjoy it all.

^^ I have a budget of 15k, and I think logitech 5300 would be a marked improvement over current ATP3.... If anyone could help me source 1 in Delhi for around 12k... its selling on ITDEPOT for 12k... and I am being qouted 12.5-14 k in Nehru Place, which I believe is a rip off!

how about getting a bulk order, so that you get some discount too....Get the price if u order a bulk order, lets say 5 pieces..... then post in the hot deal section... maybe you would get lower price then...

Chaos said:
Even if I've gotta spend 20k US$, i'd still spend it on stereo.
At the cost of surround sound in movies :huh: . I feel that for home theater use 5.1 is a must
@techcheat the Logitech z5300 is really worth every paisa you pay. For its price I cannot find any fault with it. It lacks a wireless remote, but if you get a HTPC setup that should not be a problem

^^ They are many more cons than just wired remote, which is bearable as I have a remote for my pc already. Having said that the biggest grudge I have for this speakers is that they dont allow for aux input in addition to the PC. That means I cant hook my TATA sky to these speakers which is quite a shame as I would have loved to enjoy both my movies from PC and my TV with these speakers. But Logitech 5500 are really way too expensive in India. For 22k, I rather spend 35k and get a proper home theatre. Thats why I have to live with Z5300. Problem is that no one is helping me with fiding them in Delhi.

Yeah, but TV and PC are at a distance... so means running a long cable through the existing wires. Can be done but not ideal. I guess thats a valid point, I had thought about it before, but I guess thats my only option now.

mod-the-pc said:
At the cost of surround sound in movies :huh: . I feel that for home theater use 5.1 is a must

For movies/games I always have my sennheisers... the positioning accuracy on those beats any 5.1 system I've heard so far... and oh yes one of those was built around B&W 800D fronts :p.

^^Yeah, but that cant be used if you have others watching the movies too. I am a movie buff... and thus looking for a 5.1 system and I guess the only half way decent system worth even debate is logi 5300.

techcheat said:
Yeah, but TV and PC are at a distance... so means running a long cable through the existing wires. Can be done but not ideal. I guess thats a valid point, I had thought about it before, but I guess thats my only option now.
Then how exactly were you planning to hook up both your PC and your STB?? :S

Z5500 has multiple connectors. Even the MX 5021 has an auxillary connector and they give you a jack to connect your STB/XBOX etc to the speakers parallel to the pc connection.

I have got a qoute for 12.1k for Z5300, I think they would agree in 12, thats the least they can do. Now all I am doing is that I am speaking to the channel manager of Logitech Delhi to find the cheapest price of Z5500. He stated that 19,500 is the price they give to the distis, I have a qoute of 23k, lets wait and see how low price he can get me. If its 20-21k, than I will go for them instead of the 5300. Lets wait and watch.

Z5500 has multiple connectors. Even the MX 5021 has an auxillary connector and they give you a jack to connect your STB/XBOX etc to the speakers parallel to the pc connection.
I know that. But if your TV and PC are at a distance, then where are you going to place your speakers?? When watching TV, they are supposed to be next to the TV. And when using the PC, they are supposed to be next to the monitor :p

Back