Best way to use 2Mbps NU?

What is the best way to use my 2Mbps NU connection??
torrents (using utorrent) arent giving me good speeds...
have tried differetn trackers and the no. of seeders arent a problem as well.
are there any good trackers which give gr8 speeds?? coz torrentspy,torrentbox, etc arent.

any other p2p application?? :huh:

what connection have u taken. is this the bsnl connection. how r u measuring ur speed. what r u suing 2 ddl from rapidshare and r u using a premium account.

IMO its easy enough to get ~200 KBPS on torrents from any reputable private trackers. Try desitorrents...its got the super speeds on some torrents ( select one that has >25-30 seeds).

I heard ppl getting 1MB/s on DT. So 200KBPS shouldn't be a problem mostly.

Yup i agree with kumar . DT rocks . i m maxing out my connection on TL. within few seconds speed will flctuate between 200-210 KBps .

i get around 200-235kbps on tata indicom night unlimited upto 2mbps on DT,BWT,TL,black cats,sometimes on demonoid.....and with flashget-200-222kbps.....simple download from rapidshare---110kbps

geekhead83 said:
http (using flashget) - avg 173 kbps
rapidshare - avg 90 (??)
torrents : 40 - 75 kbps

this sucks ...thought id get atleast 200 kbps :(

your speeds are low. check your connection. try directly connecting to the router than splitter.

puns said:
your speeds are low. check your connection. try directly connecting to the router than splitter.

that also affects the connection speed??
in the current scenario, whenever i check the router page for the speeds,
i see : Upstream : 2047 kbps , Downstream : 263 kbps.
Thats pretty normal right...wont get more than that.
Amaresh said:
You need a TL invite :)
yeah...i do. send me one :p

geekhead83 said:
that also affects the connection speed??
in the current scenario, whenever i check the router page for the speeds,
i see : Upstream : 2047 kbps , Downstream : 263 kbps.
Thats pretty normal right...wont get more than that.

im not talking of your up/down speeds. your http / rapidshare/torrent speed is less.
i was getting less speeds through the splitter. directly connected to router , speeds increased.

tried connecting the line directly to the router bypassing the splitter...

no change in speeds.

mtnl speed tests show that im at 1.8Mbps (which is good enough for me)...but my download speeds are in the range of 50-100 kbps only..

Try using P2P clients like Ares P2P on which i got a top download speed of 527KB/s:clap: (on multiple file downloads simulataneously of course..)
This is no Joke.Ares P2P is an open source P2P client.And by the way i use Ares P2P for movies,audio and pdf documents only..since it is not good for Applications,games and software.I download games,Applications and softwares using torrents.

for torrents,i used many torrent clients and the best i found is Bitlord on which,the last time i got a download speed of about 512 KB/s.;)
I usually do a google search for torrents and download the torrent from the site for which the health for the file is maximum.

My favourite Torrent site is TorrentReactor.Net - The most active torrents on the web.
And the other torrent sites include btjunkie - the largest bittorrent search engine

I haven't used Desi Torrents much,hence i can't give any comments.

As for the query of what internet connection i use,i use a 40 KB/s bandwidth connection.......

Now the 1st question that comes to mind is how does a 40 KB/s bandwidth connection give 500 KB/s and above download speed?
The answer is: i don't know how is this happening........

But let me assure with foolproof confidence that mine is not a shared internet connection.......

I guess Ares has some sort magic in it..............that gives me such download speeds........

Balkazzaar said:
Try using P2P clients like Ares P2P on which i got a top download speed of 527KB/s:clap: (on multiple file downloads simulataneously of course..)

This is no Joke.Ares P2P is an open source P2P client.And by the way i use Ares P2P for movies,audio and pdf documents only..since it is not good for Applications,games and software.I download games,Applications and softwares using torrents.

for torrents,i used many torrent clients and the best i found is Bitlord on which,the last time i got a download speed of about 512 KB/s.;)

I usually do a google search for torrents and download the torrent from the site for which the health for the file is maximum.

My favourite Torrent site is TorrentReactor.Net - The most active torrents on the web.

And the other torrent sites include btjunkie - the largest bittorrent search engine

I haven't used Desi Torrents much,hence i can't give any comments.

As for the query of what internet connection i use,i use a 40 KB/s bandwidth connection.......

Now the 1st question that comes to mind is how does a 40 KB/s bandwidth connection give 500 KB/s and above download speed?

The answer is: i don't know how is this happening........

But let me assure with foolproof confidence that mine is not a shared internet connection.......

I guess Ares has some sort magic in it..............that gives me such download speeds........

Your story is damn.....yawn

magic doesnt exist in da first place ....I guess since Koi Mil Gaya released ....ppl seein Jadoo in their dreams and thinkin that its reality

the speeds ur talkin about is equilvalent to a 6Mbps line

i guess u must b getting 512kbps

abhisheksahas said:
Your story is damn.....yawn

magic doesnt exist in da first place ....I guess since Koi Mil Gaya released ....ppl seein Jadoo in their dreams and thinkin that its reality

the speeds ur talkin about is equilvalent to a 6Mbps line
i guess u must b getting 512kbps

If u think i m joking .......... i m going to prove it to u once and for all........Just wait and c u MORON....................

Balkazzaar said:
If u think i m joking .......... i m going to prove it to u once and for all........Just wait and c u MORON....................

i never said joking i meant u have got ur info wrong ...it cant be 500KBps it must be 500kbps i.e equivalent to 32KBps

Back