Beware! New ICICI Insurance Scam!

So this week I got a phone call which wasn't marked as spam by Truecaller hence received it. The caller info. shown was Icici, Prabhadevi HO, Mumbai something...Sandeep Singh 7042572633!

The person said that I have some Icici assured income plan policy from yr 2015 for which I haven't paid its premium for last year and hence policy is going to get lapsed post which I won't enjoy the maturity assured sum of Rs. 50L.
The premium is Rs. 50k which if unpaid until 7pm today the policy will get lapsed and I will be wasting my all earlier paid premiums and policy will be deemed cancelled.
Still, I will be receiving only some 2lacs earned during this period which will get credited to my icici a/c in the next 45 days and will be receiving a call for the same for further procedure.

He also gave me that policy no. 55825289

To pay the premium and learn more about the policy etc. he asked me to contact my policy RM/policy head person Ashok Kumar Tripathi on 9058368874.

Now, AFAIK I had never ever opted for any such policy and hence no Q of any premiums and if anything, I would have had such details.

Just for the sake of saying, I told them that my uncle handles my insurances and investments to which the callers kept pressing to have his no. and when I said he stays in the US he said no worries I will call him during US hours.

Just for a tp, tried the policy no. on Icici's website.

View attachment 187998 and this was anyways gonna show an error.

Again, after a few days I got call from the same office this time from Dheeraj Singh 9667921466 which I deliberately missed.

So, my motive here is to alert your family, friends, networks and contacts about such scams as the call might turn any person greedy and will loose his/her 50k or entire bank balance in the dream of receiving 50L next year.

I haven't updated Icici on this as I doubt they will even bother to take cognizance of such issues where they only keep saying jago grahak shit and to ignore such calls and blabla! (This is based on my past exp. with such authorities) So, instead of wasting time with them its better to invest some time here and alert the public directly!
Same ICICI scam call came on my mobile:

Policy no : 55962365
Issue Date: 31-Mar-2014
Maturity Date: 25-Sep-2024
Policy name : ICICI Life stage assured regular tax saving plan
Policy term: 10 year
Paying term:7 year
one time payment paid: 50000
Sum assured : 5lac
Fund Value: 174760
policy purchase: Delhi

Two options: Pre maturity closure or Policy revival.

Lapse policy: regional manager: icici prudential life insurance, Name : vinod kumar sachdeva; 8860280390 (To call him for policy revival)
Fake ICICI exceutive girl (cancellation deptt) : vaishali sharma no : 8743805147
no reminder crn:

I have not purchased any such policy & this policy doesnt exist on ICICI prulife portal. They asked me for 1.1Lac for policy revival & can close the policy after 90 days to get 8Lacs.

**Beware guys, these scammers call from mobile numbers (not from landlines) & talk like actual ICICI life insurance employees.
Same ICICI scam call came on my mobile:

Policy no : 55962365
Issue Date: 31-Mar-2014
Maturity Date: 25-Sep-2024
Policy name : ICICI Life stage assured regular tax saving plan
Policy term: 10 year
Paying term:7 year
one time payment paid: 50000
Sum assured : 5lac
Fund Value: 174760
policy purchase: Delhi

Two options: Pre maturity closure or Policy revival.

Lapse policy: regional manager: icici prudential life insurance, Name : vinod kumar sachdeva; 8860280390 (To call him for policy revival)
Fake ICICI exceutive girl (cancellation deptt) : vaishali sharma no : 8743805147
no reminder crn:

I have not purchased any such policy & this policy doesnt exist on ICICI prulife portal. They asked me for 1.1Lac for policy revival & can close the policy after 90 days to get 8Lacs.

**Beware guys, these scammers call from mobile numbers (not from landlines) & talk like actual ICICI life insurance employees.

Last edited:
Back